IGNORED

Beto

• 4 months later...

given prices banded around these days - that doesn't sound too bad for a striker. He sounds like a very similar player to DCL. To me it makes sense to have to have at least one decent alternative to DCL and not mean the team has to try and set up to differently depending on player availability. A target man who can hold the ball up. May not be the sexiest of football - but I will settle for effective football for a couple of seasons in order to get this club back on an even keel. 

I really like the look of him based on that video.

There were a lot of times that he had no right to get to a ball and it was his determination to win the ball that made it happen. He is quick, strong, good technique. He can bring people into the game with his hold up play.

My one concern would be that I am not sure how many goals he will score. He looks like he could do really well in the box because he does get in front of his defender, but I didn't see a lot from him from outside of the box, or even outside the penalty spot. He had a few goals in there where he was 1v1 but you don't get a lot of that in the Premier League. His stats show he is a 1 in 3 player in Italy but I think there would have to be some doubt as to whether he would be as prolific in England.

That video isn’t the usual you tube highlights. It looks more like the type you would show a coach to try to show what he can do.

He looks like he isn’t scared to shoot, loves a first time shot, and seems to like a bit of a physical side as well. 

Maybe what Rondon wanted to be.

• 2 months later...