IGNORED

Beto

22 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

On a more serious note, I really hope he's a bit of a late bloomer.  His record is a bit underwhelming.  Really just two half decent seasons in Italy.  I suppose 1 in 3 in Italy isn't bad, but be hard to expect him to come in an better than in the premier league. 

This is my fear. €30m for a guy who hasn't played in the league before and had a couple decent seasons. 

It's giving me Sandro vibes

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This is my fear. €30m for a guy who hasn't played in the league before and had a couple decent seasons. 

Think he has a bit more about him than Sandro did - especially the physicality for the league. I watched the game against Juve where he had moments of holding the ball up well & has a bit of skill. I don't think he will be a 20 goal a season striker but he should be able to hold it up, run in behind & is definitely a presence in the box which without DCL we don't have.

3 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

On a more serious note, I really hope he's a bit of a late bloomer.  His record is a bit underwhelming.  Really just two half decent seasons in Italy.  I suppose 1 in 3 in Italy isn't bad, but be hard to expect him to come in an better than in the premier league. 

As always it’s important to look at the minutes rather than just appearances. He’s closer to 1 in 2 than 1 in 3. Decent over there. 1 in 3 for us would be great.

9 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

I think his stats are pretty good. Could argue they are better than DCL.

A player who could actually be serious  competition for DCL for the starting striker role.

Just now, RuffRob said:

I think his stats are pretty good. Could argue they are better than DCL.

A player who could actually be serious  competition for DCL for the starting striker role.

DCL has been injured for 2years other than that his stats are no better for me he s playing in a lesser league so the jury is out on this 1.

Adams was have the price.

17 hours ago, patto said:

We may have been bad but not this bad. 
never in danger of going bust being 200m in debt. 

Pretty sure we have been for most of Kenwrights sole reign. Maybe not £200m, but the debt value at the time was just as crippling.

10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sandro isn't comparable mate. He was a youngster on a free (even if he looked 40) who'd played at a low level. This guys played a couple of decent seasons in a very defense-orientated league and for a decent side. 

7 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

As always it’s important to look at the minutes rather than just appearances. He’s closer to 1 in 2 than 1 in 3. Decent over there. 1 in 3 for us would be great.

Having a cf who could play one in three never mind score one in three would be an improvement

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1695257260581093704?s=46&t=1wM_xvx1NFbXaZSqIaj30A