IGNORED

Beto

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s got to be a starter for Saturday unless he doesn’t meet Dyche’s fitness requirements, not bothered if he doesn’t play midweek. Really looking forward to seeing him kick start our season. 

Seems like a big ask for a player who will have barely trained with his teammates and has no experience in this league to walk right in and start. We’d be putting him in a position to fail right out of the gate. We all want help up top but that would be asking a lot, too much in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s got to be a starter for Saturday unless he doesn’t meet Dyche’s fitness requirements, not bothered if he doesn’t play midweek. Really looking forward to seeing him kick start our season. 

Off the bench I assume. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Don’t like the sounds of that mate it could mean we need him to come on to get something from the game 🙈

We don't need him throwing himself in without being up to speed with the PL and have him injured in the first game. There's 34 games left after this next one, let's give him the best chance to perform. 

https://theathletic.com/4815353/2023/08/30/beto-everton-analysis/

Haf is going to love him !

His low ball retention and link-up scores (both 10/99) are notable — no player with over 200 touches in Serie A last season miscontrolled the ball more than his 4.8 times per game, while he attempted just 12.6 passes per 90 minutes — but Dyche has never been one to prize possession for possession’s sake. What his direct style of football needs is a focal point and Beto is one of those.

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://theathletic.com/4815353/2023/08/30/beto-everton-analysis/

Haf is going to love him !

His low ball retention and link-up scores (both 10/99) are notable — no player with over 200 touches in Serie A last season miscontrolled the ball more than his 4.8 times per game, while he attempted just 12.6 passes per 90 minutes — but Dyche has never been one to prize possession for possession’s sake. What his direct style of football needs is a focal point and Beto is one of those.

Yep. Already onto that.   Will drive me nuts but if he works his balls off then I will probably be ok. 

It’s not so much that he scored and had other quality chances…it’s the nature of that goal and those chances. That physicality is gonna be a problem for defenders. I get it’s Doncaster etc..but the ability to bully his way into a chance and then finish decisively is exciting and obviously reminiscent of Rom. Optimistic 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s a bit cumbersome but his physicality is going to cause no end of problems for the opposition.

He must start against Sheff U. 

If he can be 75% of Lukaku he’s gonna help us a lot. He’s physical and fast with a head of steam. Coupled with being a threat in the air he will, at the least, take a lot of defensive attention when he’s out there.

Love Dom but he’s just not a threat 1 v 1 with a defender. Beto will be.

Will give opposition defenders a lot to think about. Could have had a hattrick really - if the goal was a few inches wider and Gana had have played him in earlier at the end.

Some of his passing/crossing was a bit wayward, so I can see him being a bit frustrating at times. But it's great to actually have a proper striker.

10 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

If he can be 75% of Lukaku he’s gonna help us a lot. He’s physical and fast with a head of steam. Coupled with being a threat in the air he will, at the least, take a lot of defensive attention when he’s out there.

Love Dom but he’s just not a threat 1 v 1 with a defender. Beto will be.

Even the 2 of them on at the same time will be an absolute handful.

Fantastic debut, has to start. We would have 6 points if we had signed him at the start of the window.

I don't want him to be a 'Lukaku'.

Lukaku was an arsehole.

This guy was working in Burger King(?) a few years ago. His attitude and determination already puts him miles above Lukaku.

He won't be as polished as the top end strikers (let's be honest, we wouldn't have him if he was!) but he has more than enough to improve us.

Brilliant start tonight against a team non of our other players could make a dent in.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I don't want him to be a 'Lukaku'.

Lukaku was an arsehole.

This guy was working in Burger King(?) a few years ago. His attitude and determination already puts him miles above Lukaku.

He won't be as polished as the top end strikers (let's be honest, we wouldn't have him if he was!) but he has more than enough to improve us.

Brilliant start tonight against a team non of our other players could make a dent in.

I mean Lukaku was the best striker we have had in at least a decade by a mile..If not world class then just below that level and a nightmare for defenses.  I’m not sure I’d take a lesser player who I thought had a better story if it meant relegation. 

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I mean Lukaku was the best striker we have had in at least a decade by a mile..If not world class then just below that level and a nightmare for defenses.  I’m not sure I’d take a lesser player who I thought had a better story if it meant relegation. 

Wasn't aiming anything I said at you 🤷‍♂️ Otherwise I'd quote you 😉.

I've seen the word 'Lukaku' pop up a few times. I never liked his attitude or what he was about. As proven as the years have gone by.

The lesser player comment is just plainly missing the point.