IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

He’s going to get the sack it’s just a case of when and not if, in my opinion the sooner the better if only to give the next manager as long as possible to try and improve the situation. Whilst Potter is still available I’d be going all out to try and get him in and let him try to start implement the system that helped Brighton and him become successful, instead of being a poorer  version of Burnley.  

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

So far:

1) Robbed at Fulham by incompetent officials (and no apology so far as I saw) and a keeper on fire. 9 shots on target, 10 corners. 

2) Awful against a flying Villa. 2 shots on target, 6 corners. 

3) Denied by a keeper on fire vs Wolves. 7 shots on target, 7 corners. 

4) Sheffield United away, missed the game but broke the duck and got the first point. 6 shots on target, 6 corners. 

5) tried to and nearly successfully parked the bus, it took a fantastic goal for the 2nw best team in the league to beat us. 1 corner, 1 shot on target which is awful, but Arsenal were limited to 4 shots on target (and thank the Gods for Pickford).

My point being that bar Villa and Arsenal, we've been creating chances where we weren't in the past 2 seasons against teams that are currently our direct competition. That's progress and, by law of averages, all this effort will pay off. Performance-wise, we should be on 7 points and would be, bar the ref vs Fulham and Sà vs Wolves.

If you only look at the table, it's all doom and gloom. If you apply context, there's still reasons to be optimistic.

Reasons to be cheerful part 3. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

So far:

1) Robbed at Fulham by incompetent officials (and no apology so far as I saw) and a keeper on fire. 9 shots on target, 10 corners. 

4) Sheffield United away, missed the game but broke the duck and got the first point. 6 shots on target, 6 corners. 

5) tried to and nearly successfully parked the bus, it took a fantastic goal for the 2nw best team in the league to beat us. 1 corner, 1 shot on target which is awful, but Arsenal were limited to 4 shots on target (and thank the Gods for Pickford).

My point being that bar Villa and Arsenal, we've been creating chances where we weren't in the past 2 seasons against teams that are currently our direct competition. That's progress and, by law of averages, all this effort will pay off. Performance-wise, we should be on 7 points and would be, bar the ref vs Fulham and Sà vs Wolves.

If you only look at the table, it's all doom and gloom. If you apply context, there's still reasons to be optimistic.

Enough of this rational thinking, this is the place to rant and rave and sack managers every six months.

Having said that, we really need to get some wins and points, Dyche needs to use subs sooner, and when we’re loosing like yesterday add to our attacking ability, not swap a defender like for like, actions like that will start fans turning against him.

1 hour ago, Wall Writer said:

I don’t see the point either, but it’s the way of the world. If performances and results continue in this manner the pressure will mount - from the fans and the media.

If these new owners come in, are they going to accept the bad results and performances? History tells us new owners are often quick to impose their will.

I totally agree that chopping and changing the manager can’t be the answer. But that’s not how the PL works. If managers are not getting results, they get sacked.

He’s got to turn it around in the next few matches or it’s going to start to get ugly.

Rumours abound that with the pay deal Moshiri has made with them to buy the club (instalments over time) if we get relegated they'll actually pay less so I don't think they'll give a shit if Dyche is doing shite and we go down.

If it's true, of course.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours abound that with the pay deal Moshiri has made with them to buy the club (instalments over time) if we get relegated they'll actually pay less so I don't think they'll give a shit if Dyche is doing shite and we go down.

If it's true, of course.

Their investment goes from a challenge to major loss if they approach like that. They're only after making money, if we go down, they can't saddle us with all the debt from their other, actual profit making, businesses. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

So far:

As angry as I am about yesterday, this is my thinking also.

I didn't expect to win yesterday at all, but the way we lost it is hard to take. But a lot of yesterday isn't on Dyche in my opinion. No way did he send them out there and tell them not to press whatsoever, no way did he tell them not to pass to a blue shirt, no way did he tell them not to move.

Not playing with two strikers towards the end of the game is on him. Personally, I had no problem with Beto going off because I thought he'd offered nothing with limited scraps we gave him. However, I would have brought Chermiti on at the same time as DCL and just told him to go and cause chaos. It could have meant that we went on to lose 3-0 instead but it's the same amount of points for that as losing 1-0, but it could have meant we scored and got a point instead. It's the risk averseness that I don't like about him.

In Dyche’s defence he said what the problem was and he was in agreement with the majority of fans, regardless of who you play you don’t play with lack of effort and respect for yourself and the club, Dyche said there was a plan but the plan couldn’t be implemented because we gave the ball away at every opportunity, Arsenal didn’t fight to get the ball of us we gave it to them  play any team in the league where you play like that and you will struggle. Dyche has a huge problem in trying to turn this performance around with the players he has even if everyone is fit, he doesn’t have one player who he can put in midfield who has any ability or vision on the ball, when they sold Iwobi the sold the only chance of taking any form of control passing and movement we had with in the team. Dyche should have blocked that sale and let him walk on a free next season 20-22m will pale into comparison if we get relegated. I know there are many on here who didn’t rate Iwobi so now he’s gone who is good enough to fill the void he’s left, I’ll tell you who it isn’t Onana, Doucoure, Gana, or even Garner if he even gets the opportunity under Dyche who clearly doesn’t see him in his mid 3.

I'm incredibly sick and tired of revolving managers. But how long to we keep with this style of football? Who besides McNeil has gotten better under Dyche? I tried to be positive about him. But I don't see us play with any style under Dyche. Never seen a worse passing team. But we have no money to change managers. So looks like we are stuck 

58 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

I'm incredibly sick and tired of revolving managers. But how long to we keep with this style of football? Who besides McNeil has gotten better under Dyche? I tried to be positive about him. But I don't see us play with any style under Dyche. Never seen a worse passing team. But we have no money to change managers. So looks like we are stuck 

I think it’s very quickly coming to the point where we need to change manager.  I can’t see what dyche is trying to achieve tbh.  

His tactics are from another era and other teams are quickly finding it easy to deal with them, if you’re going to play a simple way of football then make sure you are good at it, Allardyce’s tactics were shit but he was good at getting results playing shit football, Dyche’s tactics are the same shit difference being Dyche is shit at it as well. I would rather lose trying to play good football than lose playing the football we are playing, oh how I long for Martinez last season losing some winning some without ever looking like relegation candidates, yet enjoying the football we played even if we should have defended better, at least we played football and it was exciting to watch. Read Don Hutchinson article today he said we need to go for Potter as I said the other day before someone else in the league sacks their manager first and goes for him. Dyche, Woan, and Stone are dinosaurs when it comes to football they won’t change they can’t change we are getting all they ever preached in their coaching careers, they think that getting players Dyche fit and running the arses off them is the only way to win games and I’m sick of the shit they are churning out, get Potter in and let’s see what a decent manager and coaching team can do with this team. We sacked Lampard for not winning Dyche’s win record against Lampard’s is far worse time for him to go he’s a liability that won’t improve because he can’t. 

We’ve gone to a team that created the third most chances in the top league in the world, to a team that teams have been found out and are toothless and the rest…… after playing Arsenal haha. 

And as usual teams always play shit when they play us. Nothing to do with us negating their tactics…. It’s just teams don’t turn up against is for some reason.

1 minute ago, barryj said:

Since Dyche has come in we’ve only scored 7 goals in 12 home games! That’s a goal every 154 mins (and that doesn’t include the added time!) - Pathetic

Is that Dyches fault, or the players missing the chances we are creating? 
Genuine question.

If we’re creating chances, but not scoring them, is that due to the managers tactics, or players being good enough?

22 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We’ve gone to a team that created the third most chances in the top league in the world, to a team that teams have been found out and are toothless and the rest…… after playing Arsenal haha. 

*Caveat 

At home to Wolves (only points they’ve got so far) and Fulham (their 7 pts mainly come from 3 against us and 3 Luton) and Sheffield Utd away. None are good teams at all. Only good side was Villa and we had an xG of 0.72

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is that Dyches fault, or the players missing the chances we are creating? 
Genuine question.

If we’re creating chances, but not scoring them, is that due to the managers tactics, or players being good enough?

Only created for a few games against really poor opposition this season but we didn’t create loads in many of those 12 games. I agree that the finishing or decisions made by our players should be better but you can still look as to the decisions made in game and with the team and setup that would very likely have made a difference. 

10 minutes ago, barryj said:

*Caveat 

At home to Wolves (only points they’ve got so far) and Fulham (their 7 pts mainly come from 3 against us and 3 Luton) and Sheffield Utd away. None are good teams at all. Only good side was Villa and we had an xG of 0.72

And Arsenal. They are an ok team. 
Shef U lost to two late goals away to spurs this week. Not to shabby really. 
And yes Villa can smash anyone on their day. 
So if we look at it subjectively, it’s nowhere near as bad as we are making it out to be. 

But it’s all open to our own interpretation. 

14 minutes ago, barryj said:

Only created for a few games against really poor opposition this season but we didn’t create loads in many of those 12 games. I agree that the finishing or decisions made by our players should be better but you can still look as to the decisions made in game and with the team and setup that would very likely have made a difference. 

Actually we created more chances than the majority of the premier league. Only two teams were above us. 

If we set up differently, and Doucs had the exact same chance right in front of goal…. I feel the result would have been the same regardless of tactics. Tactics don’t make a player miss a sitter. 

I agree we were way to negative against Arsenal. But as the manager pointed out, it wasn’t a tactic for us to be so cheap with the ball. That’s down to individual players making bad decision’s, or rather poor decisions execution. 

I know people were angry the weekend. But I think we all know that if we had played open attacking football against Arsenal, we would have been torn apart. I just refuse to use matches like that to strengthen points as I feel it’s not a good picture of where we are. 

Now if we turn up the next two matches and play the same, then I will start asking questions. But for now, I’m not going to use a match against Arsenal as a match at to judge where we are.

Im ok with others doing just that. I’m just discussing it that’s all 🙂

6 hours ago, barryj said:

*Caveat 

The reality is we will stay in this league based on our performances against similar teams not the elite teams. So the fact that we created a shit load of chances against those “similar” teams can’t be dismissed.

That said, we did not pick up many points or score many goals….so players and manager need to accept responsibility for that.

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

The reality is we will stay in this league based on our performances against similar teams not the elite teams. So the fact that we created a shit load of chances against those “similar” teams can’t be dismissed.

That said, we did not pick up many points or score many goals….so players and manager need to accept responsibility for that.

No, the board also need to that ownership for that as they have known we needed a striker since January. The team created the chances, we didn’t have the man to put them away.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

No, the board also need to that ownership for that as they have known we needed a striker since January. The team created the chances, we didn’t have the man to put them away.

No arguments that the board are culpable, but seeing as you started your sentence with NO I have to asusme you feel that the players and manager have no responsibility in any of the matches pre-Arsenal?

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

No arguments that the board are culpable, but seeing as you started your sentence with NO I have to asusme you feel that the players and manager have no responsibility in any of the matches pre-Arsenal?

“No, the board also”

Also (definition) - in addition to

So no, I don’t find the players & manager absent of responsibility for results however I found the performance acceptable against Fulham & wolves acceptable - minus the missed chances.

In another thread I said now it’s no longer acceptable to walk away from matches we’ve lost saying “well we created plenty” or “we were the better team”. We have the striker now & now we need to start winning games, fast.

Sad fact is we do not have the money to sack Dyche much less then go and hire anyone so any discussion about it is kinda useless.  But but but what about all the money we will lose if we go down? Well currently we are losing so much money that we are borrowing to keep the lights on...  I do not trust those in charge to spend a single pence much less select a better replacement for manager.

Also Potter was trash at Chelsea. 

Sorry to be so negative but tis dark times.  Going to be a long season.