IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

15 minutes ago, patto said:

Beto for me was an overpriced panic signing because of DCL situation I’ll be very surprised if he gets much playing time. 
Danjuma is a much better footballer. 

Panic signing? We were linked with him last September (2022), then apparently had a bid rejected in January, then several bids rejected in this summer. Doesn’t seem to me that it was a panic buy, rather that we’ve been tracking him for some time.

22 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Panic signing? We were linked with him last September (2022), then apparently had a bid rejected in January, then several bids rejected in this summer. Doesn’t seem to me that it was a panic buy, rather that we’ve been tracking him for some time.

And whoever scouted him is not a good scout as it is we seem to be changing our scouting system. 
do you think Beto is going to be a good signing. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

You can’t set the world alight if your not playing. 

Patterson started the season, didn’t exactly do well. 
Mykolenko was injured and when fit he got back in the team. Patterson got dropped, I suspect if Coleman was fit he would have been dropped then too. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

Beto for me was an overpriced panic signing because of DCL situation I’ll be very surprised if he gets much playing time. 
Danjuma is a much better footballer. 

We literally spent all summer trying to get Beto. Just because you weren’t reading about it every day in the papers doesn’t mean it’s not happening. 

If DCL was not injury prone for nearly 2 years we wouldn’t have gone near Beto and regarding me not reading about Beto I have read about him for about 18 months it coincides with DCL being injured. 
when I say he was a panic buy what I mean is we didn’t know if DCL was ever going to get fit and took the plunge on Beto. 

I don’t think he was in any way a panic buy. I think it was more a case of “how much can we scrape together for a striker and who is available and fits a profile in that price range.”

We desperately needed back up for DCL and now we have it. Do I think he’ll be a good signing? I don’t know. I don’t think he has bags of quality, but I think he’ll put in a shift when he plays and provide a presence up front. If that translates into goals and assists, then it’ll be a good signing.

But just having the option to rest DCL or bring on another option is also a huge bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I don’t think he was in any way a panic buy. I think it was more a case of “how much can we scrape together for a striker and who is available and fits a profile in that price range.”

We desperately needed back up for DCL and now we have it. Do I think he’ll be a good signing? I don’t know. I don’t think he has bags of quality, but I think he’ll put in a shift when he plays and provide a presence up front. If that translates into goals and assists, then it’ll be a good signing.

But just having the option to rest DCL or bring on another option is also a huge bonus. 

Look I hope I’m wrong and he bangs the goals in and gets game time. 
we’ve paid or will do 25m for a player you say hasn’t got much quality I think Chermiti will be a better option he actually has ability.  

But you’re not gonna buy a striker who’s guaranteed to bang in 15-20 goals in the Premier League for 25 million.

Considering our present financial situation, we’ve got in one guy who is probably one for the future and another guy who can come in as back up for DCL.

I think overall that Thelwell has tried to play his hand sensibly here. Sure we would like to have better quality, but we are where we are. At the same time we are still better off than we were 12 months ago with Maupay. So there is improvement.

46 minutes ago, patto said:

Look I hope I’m wrong and he bangs the goals in and gets game time. 
we’ve paid or will do 25m for a player you say hasn’t got much quality I think Chermiti will be a better option he actually has ability.  

It's more than "just" banging in goals. I think Beto already proved that. Give him time to settle.

36 minutes ago, Sev said:

That he's quite all right intimidating defenders and thereby gives space and possibilities for others to pass/finish. You have seen some of the games he played, havn't you?

I agree he may not be a prolific scorer like DCL,  but he bullies and hassles defenders into mistakes that others can benefit from, I like his size strength and commitment maybe the not fastest or blessed with a good first touch, but if he gets in the box and the ball is accurately delivered he will cause chaos for most defence's. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree he may not be a prolific scorer like DCL,  but he bullies and hassles defenders into mistakes that others can benefit from, I like his size strength and commitment maybe the not fastest or blessed with a good first touch, but if he gets in the box and the ball is accurately delivered he will cause chaos for most defence's. 

I want Beto to come good and lots of people are fighting his corner and then telling me he hasn’t got a good touch and isn’t the fastest we are going to pay 25m for him does this not ring alarm bells for you after all the mistakes we’ve already made in the transfer market. 

12 minutes ago, patto said:

I want Beto to come good and lots of people are fighting his corner and then telling me he hasn’t got a good touch and isn’t the fastest we are going to pay 25m for him does this not ring alarm bells for you after all the mistakes we’ve already made in the transfer market. 

No because he offers other attributes to his game that we need, he’s going to struggle to take DCL place but when the time comes to step in he won’t let us down. 

Beto is already doing his job. 
It allowed Dom a couple more weeks to get fit, and is also giving Dom motivation to perform. 

He is strong in the air, strong on the ground. His touch isn’t as bad as people think either. He has already shown that his first touch is designed to instantly put defenders on the back foot. Snatching at his shots a bit, but that’s down to a desire to impress. He will relax.

25m to play as back up for. 70m striker is good business isn’t it?

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

It allowed Dom a couple more weeks to get fit, and is also giving Dom motivation to perform. 

He is strong in the air, strong on the ground. His touch isn’t as bad as people think either. He has already shown that his first touch is designed to instantly put defenders on the back foot. Snatching at his shots a bit, but that’s down to a desire to impress. He will relax.

Chermiti ?

33 minutes ago, patto said:

Chermiti ?

Chermiti is one for the future mate. He has looked lost when coming on so far. 
Im hoping it’s just him getting used of the pace of this league. Give him a few months or so and we could start seeing what he’s about.
But at this point he isn’t looking anywhere near the first team. 

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Beto has taken a huge amount of pressure of Dom being our only person who can lead the line. Dom being injured or not fully fit knowing we only had Maupay as his replacement would have put increasingly more pressure on him to return too soon, knowing that everyone was expecting him to perform. Having a similar player takes that pressure away, and I think it’s showing in how Dommis now back and playing more freely.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Chermiti is one for the future mate. He has looked lost when coming on so far. 
Im hoping it’s just him getting used of the pace of this league. Give him a few months or so and we could start seeing what he’s about.
But at this point he isn’t looking anywhere near the first team. 

On his last outing I thought he looked better than Beto admittedly he was only on minutes but looks as if he has better control of the ball. 

15 minutes ago, patto said:

On his last outing I thought he looked better than Beto admittedly he was only on minutes but looks as if he has better control of the ball. 

Perhaps but Chermiti didnt look great in the cup tie & Beto changed the game for us there. Both will hopefully play a part this season. End of the day this is the best striker depth we have had since Yakubu & Saha for me.