IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

19 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

@Hafnia conspicuously absent from this thread 😂

Whatta ya want to talk about? 
 The fact that he will get us to a certain level which is fine and good and that if we want to aim for top 6 we need a different manager - or did we do that the other week? 

Happy to go over old ground if you want  - which you do clearly?  Shall we discuss his tendency to stick with certain players etc or shall we just enjoy the last couple of results? 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The fact that he will get us to a certain level which is fine and good and that if we want to aim for top 6 we need a different manager - or did we do that the other week? 

Happy to go over old ground if you want  - which you do clearly?  Shall we discuss his tendency to stick with certain players etc or shall we just enjoy the last couple of results

How about the last dozen?

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Happy to go over old ground if you want  - which you do clearly?  Shall we discuss his tendency to stick with certain players etc or shall we just enjoy the last couple of results? 

Yeah Sean Dyche could never lead a team to finish in a European spot...

🤡

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yeah Sean Dyche could never lead a team to finish in a European spot...

🤡

You believe he can manage a top 6 side - he by his own admission stated that he has a certain remit.

just enjoy the fact that we are keeping our heads above the chopping block and he’s doing a great job.  It doesn’t mean we all have to invest in dyche ball for the next 10 years. 

I’ve already said that if he gets us consolidated and shows potential to expand tactically then I’ll hold my hands up. 

he’s very much like Moyes, and for where we are he’s ideal. I still struggle with alot of his decisions.

Oh look Villa just beat Arsenal having already beat Man City….. pretty much the same team that Gerrard failed with. 

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You believe he can manage a top 6 side - he by his own admission stated that he has a certain remit.

just enjoy the fact that we are keeping our heads above the chopping block and he’s doing a great job.  It doesn’t mean we all have to invest in dyche ball for the next 10 years. 

I’ve already said that if he gets us consolidated and shows potential to expand tactically then I’ll hold my hands up. 

he’s very much like Moyes, and for where we are he’s ideal. I still struggle with alot of his decisions.

Oh look Villa just beat Arsenal having already beat Man City….. pretty much the same team that Gerrard failed with. 

Well he already has and has this squad playing in top 6 form in recent games. Not sure what Dyche ball you're referring too. I do get the frustrations though. 

51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Putting aside the fact that Dyche's Everton side knocked Villa out of the cup at Villa Park, what on earth does Gerrard failing have to do with the price of chips?

Maybe he’s pointing to the fact that players attitude and a good coach can change a team immensely. 
which to be fair is happening to us at the moment. 
so I’m all for Dyche and Thelwell sticking together they seem to get along fine. 

21 minutes ago, patto said:

Maybe he’s pointing to the fact that players attitude and a good coach can change a team immensely. 
which to be fair is happening to us at the moment. 
so I’m all for Dyche and Thelwell sticking together they seem to get along fine. 

So you think he's comparing Dyche to Emery? Sounds a bit unlikely to me.

That aside, I agree with you.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Putting aside the fact that Dyche's Everton side knocked Villa out of the cup at Villa Park, what on earth does Gerrard failing have to do with the price of chips?

The fact that managers can change seemingly relegation bound teams dramatically and there isn’t a ceiling…

and no I wasn’t comparing Dyche to Emery.  Emery is quite clearly a superb manager though, Newcastle would likely test their arm with him….. dunno why Villa are a far bigger club and much more appealing 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The fact that managers can change seemingly relegation bound teams dramatically and there isn’t a ceiling…

and no I wasn’t comparing Dyche to Emery.  Emery is quite clearly a superb manager though, Newcastle would likely test their arm with him….. dunno why Villa are a far bigger club and much more appealing 

They already did try for Emery didn’t they and he turned them down, didn’t he? Or was that another club?

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

They already did try for Emery didn’t they and he turned them down, didn’t he? Or was that another club?

Not sure. I think there was rumblings, 

the Geordie pricks are livid that top 4 is looking increasingly unlikely…,, pricks thought they had broke thorough 

35 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So you think he's comparing Dyche to Emery? Sounds a bit unlikely to me.

That aside, I agree with you.

No he’s just saying a good coach can change the whole dynamics of a club. 
the good thing about having no board is Thelwell has nobody telling him what to do. 
he has the run of it. 

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure. I think there was rumblings, 

the Geordie pricks are livid that top 4 is looking increasingly unlikely…,, pricks thought they had broke thorough 

Nope, more than rumblings. He was set to take the job after they chucked Bruce and then changed his mind, so Howe got it. 

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

Indeed, eight wins and only beaten by Liverpool, ManU and...er...Luton:unsure:

Not too shabby and a fairly long term sample that for me.

and results aside the only poor performances have been Villa away and Arsenal at home.

he has to take a lot of credit for the effort and patience he has showed in getting DCL fit.