IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd love him to get angry about it but he's probably thinking what's the point. We are an irrelevance to those at the top and whatever fuss we kick up will fall on deaf ears.

Plus at this point its almost like he/we're being baited and he won't bite.

No wins in the last 7 league games and only 4 points is relegation form, and in previous seasons would have seen most supporters wanting him sacked and Moshiri wielding the axe. 
So what’s changed, firstly the supporters are behind the manager and what he has done since coming here, he has created a spirit within the team and the club that is infectious, and that infectiousness has transpired in to a belief so strong that the thought of relegation isn’t even considered, due to our confidence and belief in what we are seeing. 
And secondly Moshiri isn’t interested in the future of the club or the team, he’s just interested in getting his money back and going, after one of the biggest failures in the leagues history, and I have no doubt that if he wasn’t interested EFC he would have sacked Dyche by now, and because he doesn’t give a toss anymore ( besides the stadium ) he has unwittingly made his best decision for the supporters and Dyche. 

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

For me, it's because the manager, and players, have earned enough points for us to be sat in 12th place, which isn't relegation form. Those points are gone but that's the reality of how good they've been.

We're in poor form results wise at the moment but that's all it is, form, and form changes.

We didn't offer him a new contract when we won 4 on the bounce and there's no reason to sack him, or even think about sacking him, due to this winless run.

As Dyche said forget the 10 points there gone, are you saying you would feel differently about Dyche if we hadn’t had the 10 points deduction, I never mentioned the 10 points because for me it makes no difference on how I feel about the job he is doing, if we were in the position we are and hadn’t had 10 points deducted, I’d still feel the same about all the things I mentioned above. 

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As Dyche said forget the 10 points there gone, are you saying you would feel differently about Dyche if we hadn’t had the 10 points deduction, I never mentioned the 10 points because for me it makes no difference on how I feel about the job he is doing, if we were in the position we are and hadn’t had 10 points deducted, I’d still feel the same about all the things I mentioned above. 

No, I'm saying I'd feel exactly as I do now - that he's doing a good job and talk of sacking him for poor form would be strange. We haven't been so bad this season that we're on 19 points and 18th, we've played well enough to have 29 points and be in 12th. So even if Moshiri was interested currently I don't think he'd be thinking of sacking him like you said.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

If we were in our current position with no points deduction contributing to it then we'd have been performing far worse than we have been in reality, and there'd be a case for sacking him. It's not as if he's responsible for us losing the points after all, but he is responsible for us largely negating the penalty.

As always with this team, its very fine margins.

There's no way we'd be on this run if DCL wasn't so off form and/or Doucs was missing. But mainly the DCL thing.

It's typical. We bemoaned for ages not having a striker. Dyche takes his time getting DCL back (must be his longest run of games in years???) and in turn DCL has probably gone his longest run without a goal!

It's the joys of having a really limited squad.

I read something y'day that made me think. It was a dig at how badly we'd been run, in line with the 'sporting' points deduction, that we had on the pitch yesterday a 60k 35 year old. A 36 year old freebie. A 34 year old who cost 2mill. A 31 year old freebie. One on loan.

Madness.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

If we were in our current position with no points deduction contributing to it then we'd have been performing far worse than we have been in reality, and there'd be a case for sacking him. It's not as if he's responsible for us losing the points after all, but he is responsible for us largely negating the penalty.

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick Mike the 10 points deduction doesn’t come into it, when looking at how Dyche’s performing as manager and how the team are reacting to having him as a manager. Where you seem to have got the idea that I have in some way said he should be sacked is beyond me, but I guess that’s how things get twisted on here when people make a comment. Got to be honest I think I’m done with this shit, it use to be enjoyable with a bit of fun now it’s just toxic. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick Mike the 10 points deduction doesn’t come into it, when looking at how Dyche’s performing as manager and how the team are reacting to having him as a manager. Where you seem to have got the idea that I have in some way said he should be sacked is beyond me, but I guess that’s how things get twisted on here when people make a comment. Got to be honest I think I’m done with this shit, it use to be enjoyable with a bit of fun now it’s just toxic. 

Where you say, "Where you seem to have got the idea that I have in some way said he should be sacked is beyond me..." is beyond me. I didn't say that you said that I said that you said any such thing, just pointing out that (in my opinion as opposed to anyone else's because i'd not dream of putting words into anyone's mouth) an Everton manager with 19 points from 24games would, under normal circumstances, be under pressure.

Warning Toxic - Danger & Warning Labels

We are in no position to justify sacking Dyche IMO.

I'd love to be in a position where we could quibble over playing style etc but we can't.  The reality is he has held things together in a turbulent time admirably.

Do I think we should be working hard at looking at his successor ? 100% yes... the club can't be having ambitions to remain playing his style - but we have a fair bit of work to do before then. 

fact is we need to be proactive in all areas of recruitment 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Where you say, "Where you seem to have got the idea that I have in some way said he should be sacked is beyond me..." is beyond me. I didn't say that you said that I said that you said any such thing, just pointing out that (in my opinion as opposed to anyone else's because i'd not dream of putting words into anyone's mouth) an Everton manager with 19 points from 24games would, under normal circumstances, be under pressure.

Warning Toxic - Danger & Warning Labels

Apologies Mike not in a particularly good place at the moment, but that’s no excuse for my behaviour you toxic fucker😜

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

As always with this team, its very fine margins.

There's no way we'd be on this run if DCL wasn't so off form and/or Doucs was missing. But mainly the DCL thing.

It's typical. We bemoaned for ages not having a striker. Dyche takes his time getting DCL back (must be his longest run of games in years???) and in turn DCL has probably gone his longest run without a goal!

It's the joys of having a really limited squad.

I read something y'day that made me think. It was a dig at how badly we'd been run, in line with the 'sporting' points deduction, that we had on the pitch yesterday a 60k 35 year old. A 36 year old freebie. A 34 year old who cost 2mill. A 31 year old freebie. One on loan.

Madness.

I don’t completely disagree, but I do a bit, about DCL. It’s not like in those 16 or so games without a goal he’s missed a shit load of chances. He had a goal he scored taken of him and given to Harrison, and apart from the one on one against Villa we’ve probably not even made ten decent chances for him in the rest of those games. 
His lack of goals is a team problem really. We don’t create very much at all. 

Also, Dyche is doing a good job. He’s the best thing that’s happened to this club since we lost Rodriguez. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'd love to be in a position where we could quibble over playing style etc but we can't.  The reality is he has held things together in a turbulent time admirably.

Do I think we should be working hard at looking at his successor ? 100% yes... the club can't be having ambitions to remain playing his style - but we have a fair bit of work to do before then. 

You don’t think after steadying the ship through such a massive shit show he’s earned the chance to improve on how the team play himself rather than a successor trying it?

For me, he’s earned the right to at least two more years at the club. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I am not sure where this topic has gone to suggest getting rid of Dyche. Throughout the recent shitshow he has brought calm to the storm and I and most others agree he is the right manager for us.

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Also, Dyche is doing a good job. He’s the best thing that’s happened to this club since we lost Rodriguez. 

I realise now that reads like I think losing Rodriguez was a good thing. It wasn’t. I mean that nothing good has happened since then, apart from Dyche coming in. 

We are bound to be a bit up and down results wise - given the nature of the squad and the lack of depth. I don't think any other manager would be getting either more consistent levels of performace or indeed much better results than he is doing. If Dyche was in charge of City and Pep was in charge of us on Saturday - that defeat would still be the most likely outcome. 

Given the current status of the club with regards to finances etc and what we can realistically do in the transfer market - treading water at best, I think Dyche is the perfect manager for us right now. His MO has never been paying big money to bring exciting tranfers to a club, its been about getting the best you can out of what you have got. He might be able to develop his team playing style with funds available to bring in better players, but we are not there as a club, so no point in worry if Dyche can take us to any sort of next level yet  -the club can't supporting him (or any other manager in doing that yet). 

We need a season or two of being that solid, hard working team than nobody really wants to play, picking up enough points to keep you out of a season after season relegation fight. This is a tough league if you are not a top 6-8 club, very fine margin between being OK and having a bad run of form or tough run of games from falling in to a relegation fight. 

19 hours ago, StevO said:

You don’t think after steadying the ship through such a massive shit show he’s earned the chance to improve on how the team play himself rather than a successor trying it?

For me, he’s earned the right to at least two more years at the club. 

a couple of months ago people were talking about nailing him down to a new contract.  

Im not against giving him a chance but it's very clear tactical fluidity isn't a strength..... thats fine and it will serve us fine while we get ourselves together. 

people said "lets see how Moyes does with money".... we are seeing it.  Managers with their tactical preference tend not to do as great with better players.

long way to get yet either way 

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

Moyes has since picked up a European trophy. 
But for the rest of his life he’ll be getting battered by Arsenal. It’s his real specialty. 😂

I think whoever finishes in the spot for conference will win it practically every year.