IGNORED

Luton (Home) 30th September

Romey 1878

Just now, Bailey said:

Very disappointing result. 

First half we were the better team and created plenty of chances, despite conceding two shocking goals from set pieces.

Second half we never really threatened their goal but neither did they.

The changes we made did didly squat and if anything we just stifled our attacking play. 

I thought the centre backs did well. Young was solid. Mykolenko was really poor.

The midfield worked well enough first half. It didnt fire second half. 

McNeil and Garner were causing problems in the first half, both should have scored. Both were poor second half.

Dom snatched at a lot. 

Harrison, Danjuma and Beto didn't really bring a lot to the game.

That was a hard one to take. You just can't drop any points to Luton. You just can't. For all the progress I think Dyche has made, results like this just aren't good enough.

Maybe dyche will use this in his post match “I’m too clever for logic” excuse.

we lost at home to one of the worst teams to play in the premier league 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Disgusting.  Got his favourites it’s as simple as that.  Young is finished, Gana can’t pass or shoot. 

As soon as Luton went to 2-0 it was near impossible, they had something to defend. 

I'll need to look at the stats and watch the fame again but I thought gana was brilliant. His shooting is shocking...no argument there but I thought he and Onana controlled the middle first half.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Very disappointing result. 

First half we were the better team and created plenty of chances, despite conceding two shocking goals from set pieces.

Second half we never really threatened their goal but neither did they.

The changes we made did didly squat and if anything we just stifled our attacking play. 

I thought the centre backs did well. Young was solid. Mykolenko was really poor.

The midfield worked well enough first half. It didnt fire second half. 

McNeil and Garner were causing problems in the first half, both should have scored. Both were poor second half.

Dom snatched at a lot. 

Harrison, Danjuma and Beto didn't really bring a lot to the game.

That was a hard one to take. You just can't drop any points to Luton. You just can't. For all the progress I think Dyche has made, results like this just aren't good enough.

I thought Harrison grew in to the game showed good attacking intent...Beto....not sure what to say...he plays like bakayoko to me...just running full pelt everywhere and will smash one in every now and then...but not sure if the quality there?#juryout. 

56 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Its been fairly clear this half what happens when you take Gueye out. You lose a bit of control of the ball and game.

As much as he pisses me off, its something you cant deny.

We lost this on the dressing room at half time mate. Absolute amateur mistake. 
It’s the type of decision that fans make.

We absolutely played into their hands second half. They were laughing at how bad we were. Luton Town we’re laughing at how inept we were.

First half we were actually dangerous. Our defending set pieces was just terrible. Better finishing and we could have easily been up at the break. The six minutes after we scored… we battered them. 

Second half it was back to last seasons no composure and hit and hope. Terrible second half from them. We played right into their hands and let them just grind out a result.

Why we didn’t come out for the second half as we went in I don’t know.

21 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

I swear this Everton squad is so damn frustrating to deal with sometimes. Win at Brentford last week and beat Villa mid-week in the Carabao Cup. Lose at home to a bad Luton Town side. 

Indeed frustrating, and it will probably be like this for the rest of the season no matter how much we cry.

The damage was done way before Dyche took over. Remember that, even though it can be, well ... frustrating.

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I guess the fact that we lost at home to Fulham, wolves and arsenal  may have indicated that we were gonna lose 4 on the trot home 

Well yeah, but none of it is good enough. I'm holding onto any optimism by looking at the progress and today we battered them. 

Fook me if I hear XG again I’ll scream.   It’s bollocks chat for hipsters who want to paint out how a team didn’t get what they deserved.

he’s lost 7 out his last 8 games at Goodison.   

The players don’t have any clue what to do. He’s played 2 defensive midfielders and centre mids out wide against a shite team today. 

The Sean Dyche thread is an embarrassment, loads of smug bollocks cos beating Villa seemingly meant he had fixed us.   This fella continually played Michael Keane when he was a walking disaster after dropping Coady for less and leaving Mina on the bench. 

Just now, Matt said:

Well yeah, but none of it is good enough. I'm holding onto any optimism by looking at the progress and today we battered them. 

We really didn’t batter them.  We had a few early chances, they woke up, scored against our poorly organised defence and in the second half he moved garner into midfield and bypassed him by going long. 

I really do not understand what his plan was.

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We really didn’t batter them.  We had a few early chances, they woke up, scored against our poorly organised defence and in the second half he moved garner into midfield and bypassed him by going long. 

I really do not understand what his plan was.

It didn't look it but I don't remember the last time we had that much possession and that many shots. Again, not good enough but it's progress in the right direction. 

For 15 minutes we battered them and I thought we were going to hammer them. Didn't score though and then Luton worked their way into the game and started to win set-pieces. They had two just before they scored the first goal and looked dangerous from them. Did we heed those warnings? Did we like shite. Branthwaite and Tarkowski were having a right barny with each other after it. Despite not heeding those previous warnings you'd think actually conceding from a set-piece would have made us give our heads a collective wobble wouldn't you? Think again. They win a free-kick and as it's being lined up a few of us were shouting that they had two free men at the back. Did any of our players notice? No, we did not. Lo and behold the ball is floated right to the back onto the foot of one of the unmarked players who slots it home to make it 2-0. You would think our fucking captain being a CB would have had them organised wouldn't you? Nah, he was too busy today launching balls up field to no one more often than not.

Can we fucking tell Gana and Onana to stop fucking shooting please? I'm getting the urge to shoot the pair of them and I can guarantee I'd be a hell of a lot more accurate than those knob heads.

Can we also stop playing a central midfielder as a right winger as well please? Especially when we have two fucking wingers sat on the bench.

We had more than enough chances to win that today but, once again, we failed to convert enough of them. Luton had 3 shots on target and scored 2. That's all that matters.

Sort it the fuck out.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s going to take time for the new team to gel. Plus, Luton rested their players midweek while we decided to play most of them just three days ago. There’s a price to pay for that, unfortunately. Onward and upward. 

Exactly. And who would have figured that Villa would have put up the performance they did against Brighton today (even if it was at Villa Park)? Of course, if you look at some of the results around Europe this weekend (Man City losing to Wolves, PSG playing to a 0:0 draw against a bottom of the table Ligue 1 side in Clermont), it's just been weird in general. 

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s going to take time for the new team to gel. Plus, Luton rested their players midweek while we decided to play most of them just three days ago. There’s a price to pay for that, unfortunately. Onward and upward. 

How are you meant to gel as a new team when you pretty much play your old team, of the 5 players he brought in he starts with just one in Young, no Beto, Harrison, Danjuma, or Chimitti they can’t gel if they don’t play.  

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If our players need resting 7 games into the season then they are in the wrong sport