IGNORED

Ashley Young

KillaGTiR

11 minutes ago, Sev said:

Have it your way or not. Couldn't care less cos when you can't see what I see then there's no reason to debate.

That's actually the whole basis of debate...

On 09/05/2024 at 21:05, Palfy said:

What if, let’s at least get an opportunity to see for ourselves, let’s also remember what Dyche said about Patterson he also said about Mykolenko, and how wrong was he about him probably one of the first names on the team sheet now. 

On 09/05/2024 at 22:13, London Blue said:

From what I have seen he has the potential to be, but potential has to be realised. For that to happen he has to play. 

He has played 20 premier league games this season. 19 last season. Has anyone come away from any of his games thinking he’s been fantastic? 
Our right backs have not been great this season, yet the people who see him train every day fancy Young and Coleman above him. Even Godfrey at one point. 

He might just not be very good. I wanted him to be. He looked exciting for Scotland. Was only second choice at Rangers when we bought him too. 

I understand he needs to be playing to improve, but he does that mean we have to keep playing him even if he’s not doing so well? Surely he needs to be picked on merit as well as potential. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

That's actually the whole basis of debate...

Of course it is. Quite obvious. But what is a debate worth if noone listens to to the argumentation and if noone admits that they were wrong. It's not easy, especially on forums, to admit one was wrong.

But I'll still conclude that Young's season has been quite poor for us. And I will hold my breath till I'm right and I'll search the damn interweb untill I find an answer I like :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Sev said:

Of course it is. Quite obvious. But what is a debate worth if noone listens to to the argumentation and if noone admits that they were wrong. It's not easy, especially on forums, to admit one was wrong.

But I'll still conclude that Young's season has been quite poor for us. And I will hold my breath till I'm right and I'll search the damn interweb untill I find an answer I like :rolleyes:

Means your argument isn't well presented enough then. Or at least, that's how I look at it.

I agree with you for the record. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Means your argument isn't well presented enough then. Or at least, that's how I look at it.

I agree with you for the record. 

Oh, I didn't make an argument at all, mate. That was sort of my point to all my fellow Evertonians here.

Wait! I've found it. Says "Young is shit". Hm .. ok ... no ...that was just an article by some old farts hating young people.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

He has played 20 premier league games this season. 19 last season. Has anyone come away from any of his games thinking he’s been fantastic? 
Our right backs have not been great this season, yet the people who see him train every day fancy Young and Coleman above him. Even Godfrey at one point. 

He might just not be very good. I wanted him to be. He looked exciting for Scotland. Was only second choice at Rangers when we bought him too. 

I understand he needs to be playing to improve, but he does that mean we have to keep playing him even if he’s not doing so well? Surely he needs to be picked on merit as well as potential. 

When he has played he has looked good, he has the physical attributes, in that he is fast, and strong enough to hold the ball. His passing is good, and he likes to get forward and is good at delivering crosses into the box.

Defensively he is ok, still learning his game, but tackles well and tracks his man. When he has made mistakes his speed has got him out of trouble. Is he a world beater? No, but he is good and with the potential to get better. I would start him over Young. 

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

When he has played he has looked good, he has the physical attributes, in that he is fast, and strong enough to hold the ball. His passing is good, and he likes to get forward and is good at delivering crosses into the box.

Defensively he is ok, still learning his game, but tackles well and tracks his man. When he has made mistakes his speed has got him out of trouble. Is he a world beater? No, but he is good and with the potential to get better. I would start him over Young. 

We’ll have to disagree on him looking good when he played. I think he’s been poor. 

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They also fancied Godfrey over Mykolenko till he got injured. Who are ya 😄

Let’s not forget Mykolenko’s whole Everton career has been poor until about four months ago 😂

4 hours ago, Sev said:

Oh, I didn't make an argument at all, mate. That was sort of my point to all my fellow Evertonians here.

Wait! I've found it. Says "Young is shit". Hm .. ok ... no ...that was just an article by some old farts hating young people.

Aaaah, completely lost then. My bad :)

20 hours ago, London Blue said:

I had to double check what thread I was in…I was reading about Young and then read “he is fast and strong enough” and I thought hang on WTF……had to check back and realised it was Patterson 😆

Didn’t see that coming. Keeping Seamus in some capacity yes.

Ashley Young did a job for the season but not expecting to keep him. Rather take a chance on a youngster.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Decent squad back up for me. 
Better player than most give credit to, but still should only be a back up player.

The problem being he’s been a starting player nearly all season unless suspended or injured, and can’t see it being any different next which is quite worrying. 

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The problem being he’s been a starting player nearly all season unless suspended or injured, and can’t see it being any different next which is quite worrying. 

Largely because our starters have been injured. If Coleman gets back to fitness I imagine we'll see him dropped back to the bench where he belongs. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Largely because our starters have been injured. If Coleman gets back to fitness I imagine we'll see him dropped back to the bench where he belongs. 

It's not likely to happen though is it? Seamus seems to play a game and then misses 2 months.

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's not likely to happen though is it? Seamus seems to play a game and then misses 2 months.

Between the 2 of them we've got my more than age in playing experience, gotta count for something right? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Between the 2 of them we've got my more than age in playing experience, gotta count for something right? :unsure:

We have to find our comfort where we can, Matt, because next season is likely to be a difficult one again.