IGNORED

Ashley Young

KillaGTiR

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Every manager has their favourites, that's not unique. In a time of desperation you might look to the people who have performed for you in the past and hope they step up again. Dobbin isn't anywhere near the same levels yet, Patterson has a major swing between looking really good and looking shit and that may not be a risk hes willing to take in tough times. At least with Young you know it's going to be consistently mediocre and that's maybe good enough most games. 

He's got his flaws but let's not blow them out of proportion. We need calm heads and patience else we will start the whole cycle again. Then again, if the 777 deal goes through, he'll be out the door anyway.

He will be gone.  Absolutely no way he’s staying.  We haven’t got a great squad, it’s not that bad. Defending set pieces is a sackable offence in itself 

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He will be gone.  Absolutely no way he’s staying.  We haven’t got a great squad, it’s not that bad. Defending set pieces is a sackable offence in itself 

He probably will be. But I still see tangible  improvements and that's why i can put up with the poor stuff. We're creating, we're shooting, we're getting back to a full squad fitness, we've got our first wins and goals... it's only the beginning of October, its still far too early to panic or jump on every little detail. He rubs you up the wrong way? So long as Everton improves then tough luck. If come Christmas we're in the bottom 3 I'll hold my hands up. But I think we'll be 14th at Christmas, 5 points clear and that's a lot easier to live with than the despair of the last 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The only OK performance in a team of good. I'm worried whenever he gets the ball to be honest.

I liked it better when he was moved to right midfield.

Another side continually played the ball over his head because he's the weak link in defence. Tbf to him, he coped a lot better with that than he has in previous games.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's obvious that Dyche sees Young and Coleman as the safer options. In Coleman's case that may very well be correct but Ashley Young is not the safe option at all.

If it's a choice between a senior player making mistakes or a younger player making mistakes while he's learning then I will choose the younger player every time.

The gain you get from going that way is far more advantageous in my opinion.

And let's not forget his set pieces are atrocious. 

On 22/10/2023 at 20:55, Wiggytop said:

And the amount of mistakes Young is making is too many, both fouls yesterday were stupid as examples.

He’s made the same mistakes in many games, very prone to an early yellow & I’m surprised it’s taken this long for him to get a second.

Time to unleash Patto, our wingers in McNeil & Harrison are grafters who won’t hang him out to dry.

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's time to take him out of the side for mental health reasons. My fucking mental health!

He is a walking fucking liability.

Is that three penalties he's given away now? Just add them to the red card and own goal he's also got.

Don't you just love experience?

Madness when we have a young full international waiting on the bench. Has to be Patto or even Coleman from here. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Madness when we have a young full international waiting on the bench. Has to be Patto or even Coleman from here. 

I really don't understand why Patterson hasn't been playing instead.

I've heard people say it's because Patterson has mistakes in him and jumps into challenges putting him out of position. That's exactly what we've been seeing from Young so what benefit has it brought us? None. If we'd have played Patterson and he had made mistakes then at least we would have got the benefit of him growing and learning.

If Coleman's fit enough to start next weekend then he'll be in for Young and if I was Patterson I'd be looking to leave in January.

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've heard people say it's because Patterson has mistakes in him and jumps into challenges putting him out of position. That's exactly what we've been seeing from Young so what benefit has it brought us? None. If we'd have played Patterson and he had made mistakes then at least we would have got the benefit of him growing and learning.

If Coleman's fit enough to start next weekend then he'll be in for Young and if I was Patterson I'd be looking to leave in January.

I'm hoping Dyche is doing to Patterson what he (presumably) did with Myko; keep him out of the spotlight, get him fitter and more one on one trainings. 

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's time to take him out of the side for mental health reasons. My fucking mental health!

He is a walking fucking liability.

Is that three penalties he's given away now? Just add them to the red card and own goal he's also got.

Don't you just love experience?

It’s almost as though you are close to criticising the manager for having favourites……. Ashley young is this seasons Michael Keane

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It’s almost as though you are close to criticising the manager for having favourites……. Ashley young is this seasons Michael Keane

Not at all, Haf.

It's clear he prefers (trusts is probably a better word) experience over someone cutting their teeth.

On the whole that's not the worst way of thinking, but when that experience is costing you in the ways you were worried about the inexperience costing you then you should change it. Give Patterson the same leeway (more leeway if you ask me) and see what happens.

I'm not one that wants a youngster in the side for the sake for it, I never have been, but I firmly believe in giving them a chance so that everyone can see if they're good enough. You can't know unless they're given a run.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not at all, Haf.

It's clear he prefers (trusts is probably a better word) experience over someone cutting their teeth.

On the whole that's not the worst way of thinking, but when that experience is costing you in the ways you were worried about the inexperience costing you then you should change it. Give Patterson the same leeway (more leeway if you ask me) and see what happens.

I'm not one that wants a youngster in the side for the sake for it, I never have been, but I firmly believe in giving them a chance so that everyone can see if they're good enough. You can't know unless they're given a run.

My issue is dyche similar to Southgate - has his “mates”.    When these mates get a game despite not offering anything at the cost of players with more potential then it’s bad.

young like Keane before him is costing us big 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I agree 100% mate. I can't understand the logic behind it at this point, given what we have seen from Young. At the start of the season - yes, experience should equal reliability (think you're Milner or Barry type players) but it just has not happened with Young.

Patterson has quite a high ceiling as well, the potential player he could be would be a huge asset to us & as Myko is currently showing it can be beneficial to let these youngs guys find their feet.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not at all, Haf.

Again bang on. The issue with Young is he making mistakes that experienced players simply should not be making. His defensive positioning is to try and go with his winger down the line - he simply cannot do that these days.

If Patterson does come in to the team, he needs to be given patience as you have mentioned - we can't get on his back if he makes a similar mistake because we are frustrated that Young has been making them all season & his replacement has done similar.

I fully expect us to stay up this year & believe without the points deduction we would be comfortably mid table so lets use this season to bed in Patterson & hopefully have a strong fullback option next season & really try to break in to the top 10.

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

Again bang on. The issue with Young is he making mistakes that experienced players simply should not be making. His defensive positioning is to try and go with his winger down the line - he simply cannot do that these days.

If Patterson does come in to the team, he needs to be given patience as you have mentioned - we can't get on his back if he makes a similar mistake because we are frustrated that Young has been making them all season & his replacement has done similar.

I fully expect us to stay up this year & believe without the points deduction we would be comfortably mid table so lets use this season to bed in Patterson & hopefully have a strong fullback option next season & really try to break in to the top 10.

I supported mykolenko through his learning period and I will do the same with Patterson.   

Dyche was dropping mykolenko and Patterson for Godfrey, Holgate, etc…. I don’t get it at all. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I supported mykolenko through his learning period and I will do the same with Patterson.   

Dyche was dropping mykolenko and Patterson for Godfrey, Holgate, etc…. I don’t get it at all. 

Dyche prefers experience over ability that’s all I can put it down to. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Myko has had his shaky moments that’s for sure but he looks a lot more settled now.

Perhaps with Myko & Branthwaite in the back 4 Dyche is concerned of a lack of experience but it is definitely time for a change of personnel at RB