IGNORED

Ross Barkley

He's definitely a humble, normal lad, who is just living his dream. I'm a heartless bastard most of the time but even I had a smile reading it :lol:.

My wife met him a few years ago when he came into alder hey. Very quiet and looked shy till he had a crack at one of the student nurses.... by all accounts an absolute stunning girl.

When you have a 6 figure bank balance and are touted as a future star for your national and local team you aren't gonna try and a pull a rottweiler :lol:

It was how he went about it that's funny.

She asked him for an autograph... he said "yeah if you give me your number" ... "find it for yourself" was her reply. He tracked her through Facebook! Skills.

Rightly so, he isn't good enough to be in the England squad at the minute. For me he hasn't improved at all for the past 3 seasons. He has his moments of excellence but I feel like Evertonians look at him with rose tinted lenses, because he's an Evertonian and we want him to exceed so much. Unless he picks up his performances he will be replaced within two seasons and e9ther squandered in to a rotation role or moved on. He's got this season to kick on now, it's surly his last chance.

Not in the England squad so Allardyce must've also thought he had a bad game.

Surprised he's been left out.

Just checked the squad, still the FA picking it from what I can tell. Only one outfield player, Antonio, isn't from the Sky 4 or City, Spurs, and Leicester.

If Big Sam was truly uncharge of call ups surely Noble would be there over Henderson?

Gutted for him. What exactly has he done wrong since Hodgson was starting him every game a year ago? Henderson shouldn't be near an England squad, Antonio scores two in two and gets a call up? New manager, same old bad jokes.

I'm sticking with Wales, me.

Actually amazed. I thought he has started the season well, probably better than any other attacking English midfielder from what I have seen.

Will be interesting to see where Antonio plays because he is a shite RB (and was hooked by Bilic a couple of games back) and he doesn't really offer much as a winger either.

The biggest shock is Walcott... in what world does any manager pick him ever. He offers nothing.

Surprised he's been left out.

Just checked the squad, still the FA picking it from what I can tell. Only one outfield player, Antonio, isn't from the Sky 4 or City, Spurs, and Leicester.

If Big Sam was truly uncharge of call ups surely Noble would be there over Henderson?

Jags.

Smalling shouldn't be there either. He's not even getting a game with United so how has he earned a call-up?

I said in the England thread we should wait and see before declaring things would be different under Allardyce.

I would have Smalling ahead of that Donkey Cahill regardless of whether he was playing.

Must admit I am very disappointed, I was expecting more from Sam.

Made up he's not in the squad as a blue but to think Rooney is a midfielder is a joke. Ali maybe a one season wonder aswell. Can tell already big Sams reign is going to be boring as fuck.

Understand your reasoning, he'll be at Finch Farm getting decent training rather than being told what to do by the knuckle dragger that is Allardyce, it's just how he reacts mentally; that's my concern.

Laughable really. He's far from perfect but if he was French, Italian or Spanish he would be "in the squad" not team as such but squad.

The reason being? He offers something totally different.

He will only get better with trust. I personally believe that because he's 6ft 3 and built like a tank that managers think he should be a combative midfielder. In short - they pick on him and so do fans.

By all accounts up till his horrendous leg break he was a great all action midfielder and it's messed with his head. I can accept the lesser version. Managers can't.

People aren't taking note of what he's doing.... giving the team a chance to reshape and have a breather. Barkley does this all the time.

I personally believe that because he's 6ft 3 and built like a tank that managers think he should be a combative midfielder. In short - they pick on him and so do fans.

I, too, am very surprised he's not been included for the Slovakia match. Not that I think he's been playing as well as MC11, hafnia, and others say, but because several of the other midfielders don't impress much.

As to the substantive issue of his strengths and weaknesses, I'll hold up my hand as one who does tend to focus more on his flaws than his positive play, and so might be "picking on" him too much and not "taking note of what he's doing."

What I see him doing, way too often, is trying to dribble past multiple defenders near and in the box, foolishly and repeatedly hoping nearly to dribble the ball into the net, rather than blasting it. Second, too often -- not always but too often -- pirouetting between 2 defenders or reversing direction and losing the ball. Koeman commented a few weeks back on this latter tendency, and said they are working on this problem. What MC11 describes as "giving the team a chance to reshape and have a breather," I see as slowing potential attacks and missing shot opportunities for himself and others.

I see Barkley's marvelous abilities and so assume his strengths will become more apparent (even) to me, as he displays them more consistently. And perhaps I am simply wrong about the weaknesses.

Guest rusty747

This might be the kick up the ass that makes Ross realise he can't get by on flashes of brilliance alone.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ross but he still has a tendency to go missing for a few minutes imho. Once Koeman has moulded him a bit more I am sure he will be back in the England set up.

Delighted for Jags.

Not really surprised.

His form hasn't been the greatest and the second I read the Lukakuesc interview,o thought the England hierarchy aren't going to like that.

I know he is young and naive and was baited into it, but it's still speaking out against am England manager.

Remember Lukaku doing it against his national manager...albeit one who was still in charge.

Might be thier way of giving him a sharp kick up the arse.

Will be interesting to see his mental toughness now, will he sink or swimm.