IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

It really is quite ridiculous. He's our best forward by a mile and could quite easily get into a CL team.

What gets me is he's also one of our bigger assets. Do the club want to lose out on a fee. Very strange this one.

Have to admit I am getting worried about one now.

Him getting a contract would feel as big as when Barkley got one for me.

To be honest, I'm starting to think its his agent holding up talks. We have been so good at tying down our key players (although for Baines and Felli it took a while). Maybe the negotiations are taking their time...

Either his agent or the player himself; agree that's the most likely scenario.

Yep, my monies on the player and/or agent playing hardball.

All these other guys have signed up, there's no way we'd let Kev contract run down by choice. It's not the choice of any club to allow it's better performers to run out of contract.

It could be money related, champions league related or just wanting to know what other options are out there.

• 2 weeks later...

EVERTON have opened talks about extending Kevin Mirallas’ contract with the club.The Belgian international winger, a £6million signing from Olympiakos in the summer of 2012, has less than two years left on his current deal. But the 27-year-old is happy at Goodison and is ready to commit his future to the club if the terms are right.Mirallas said: “I have almost two years left on my contract and the situation with the club is we are starting to discuss terms of a new deal.“Everyone is out to get the best terms they can and a player can never be sheltered from a possible expression of interest from elsewhere. You know how football is. You can never make a guarantee.“But I think it is important to say that I am very happy here. The fans like me a lot and the people at the club all like me.” http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/evertons-kevin-mirallas-blasts-play-acting-4718233

Says it as it is. He's got to be given top wages as he's a top player. I'd expect he'd want to match Rom's

I thought that'd changed in recent weeks?

I follow them and most of the time he comes off the bench at 72 minute. He's started a couple games but the last two I saw he didn't play at all. I'm very surprised because I thought he was a big signing for them, but Raul Garcia is doing well, arda turan is back from injury and they have a stacked midfield.

I follow them and most of the time he comes off the bench at 72 minute. He's started a couple games but the last two I saw he didn't play at all. I'm very surprised because I thought he was a big signing for them, but Raul Garcia is doing well, arda turan is back from injury and they have a stacked midfield.

He started on Sunday in their 2-0 win, that's why I thought his situation had changed.

I'd say £65k is about right and even then that is through gritted teeth - ridiculous the money players earn now, which is why blokes can't afford to take their kids to a game.

Nutty isn't it? Football is more accessible to internet/TV viewers than ever before yet fans are expected to pay £40 a ticket to sit in an old stadium because of the money the players are on.

I do. I think all contract business should be done in the close season. We spend a fortune on players wages for them to focus on football not on the phone to agents negotiating deals. Don't want any players distracted.

I would've thought just getting it sorted would've been less of a distraction.

My concern is, from June 2015 he then only has 12 months left on his contract. His value will reduce massively if someone comes and puts a bid on him. Not saying we will sell him, but if a title contender here or abroad comes along, it doesn't matter how happy he is now, his head could be turned. Or we could sort him out now so theres no worries of reduced fees should a bid come in.