Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Baines

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is what we should’ve done about 2 years ago. We are shite at planning for the future. 

That should have been Walsh's job. Hope Brands can actually plan ahead.

IMO, there are only two reasonable choices: sign a first-choice LB and someone who can play at LB but also other positions (RB, CB or LM) as backup or keep Baines as backup. My preference would be a CB/LB player considering how many CBs we should ship out.

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He is a good professional, a good person. I am not surprised at all but this;

“There are no cars, it’s horse and cart, and it makes a big difference to them coming here. It’s said that a month here in England, with the fresh air, eating good food, puts a year on their life, which is unbelievable."

Wow...

I doubt the "fresh urban air" will add anything on their lives. Having no cars is actually a benefit from my point of view. Back to basics, these people live more natural way and eat what they grow themselves. I'm stunned some people believe that junk food, cars and urban air affect longevity in a positive way.

It’s because statistically people live longer these days than they have ever before.

Saw an interesting article about junk food. A doctor was saying it has no bearing on your health and that the only thing to worry about is the amount you eat.

i can testify that my diet of BBQs and beer is making me feel healthy than I will in ten years time.

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Let’s test it Haf.

What do you think the odds are on Lukaku finishing with the golden boot! You know seeing as he is the best striker in the world 😉

I don't think he will get golden boot.  Ronaldo or Kane I think. 

Good work on the fitness Haf. Not easy as you get older. I really lack the determination, and I agree with the brain function too. Can’t switch off from the job so eat crap to tide me over instead of taking the time to cook properly. 

I won’t go for a run tonight, I’ll order a pizza instead. Double whammy. 

nice work Haf, i stopped running, doctor said it's awful for your knees.  i started swimming, it's been nice cause it's cardio and gives all the muscles a nice workout.  i go everyday on my lunch hour at work, swim and catch a shower, that way it doesn't eat into family time.  i just eat my lunch at my desk while i'm working.

9 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

MikeO, I'm guessing you are very fit!

Apart from being lop sided in the shoulders and having a right arm that doesn't work properly plus being one jugular vein short along with not being able to talk in the mornings (wife likes that bit) and getting exhausted by picking up a (heavyish) spoon I'm in tip top shape:lol:.

34 minutes ago, MikeO said:

NHS physio costs less:P. Just get properly ill and you'll save a fortune;).

No pain no gain.

Sounds to hard-core for me I think I'll stick to the fitness instructor route, but thanks for the advice😁

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I went straight down to the Birkenhead Everton shop and got the home shirt with him on the back. He'd only been signed a couple of hours and the people in the shop had to make sure of his number :lol: 

Do we still have a Birkenhead shop.

I sensed on another thread some dissatisfaction with both Baines and Coleman.  I’ll stick to Baines in this thread.

I think Baines’s contract is up end of season.  I hope he’s offered a 1-year extension, and that he accepts.  Don’t think he’d go somewhere else, and he’s still a good part-time player, as Digne develops.

Like he says though, he has t even spoke to him about it. He is just recognising that Baines has fantastic ability.

But Silva is t the type to make a position for an ageing player. He wants to build for the future.

My favourite player of the last ten years. Highly, but underrated! Would welcome him leaving for a swan song somewhere.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Kenny will be LB while baines and digne are out.  Or 3 at the back.

it will 100% be this and the left flank will only have Richarlison covering it...

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

Lets pray his injury is just a niggle because Digne is suspended for 3 games now and we don’t have another left back.

Only 3 games if its a deemed a violent act of play.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

it will 100% be this and the left flank will only have Richarlison covering it...

To be fair, Richarlison actually played defense yesterday. Still don’t feel good about it, but he did put in quite the display against Wolves in the first match of the season on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

To be fair, Richarlison actually played defense yesterday. Still don’t feel good about it, but he did put in quite the display against Wolves in the first match of the season on both sides of the ball.

First couple of months they all defended from the front, but we’ve seen very little of that for a while.