IGNORED

Leighton Baines

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anyone else think he looked lethargic yesterday almost like he wished he was somewhere else?

He's looked slower than usual lately. I think a lot of it is lookman doesn't bomb the flank and link up with him like mirallas or pienaar did, mola just goes inside every time so it negates baines. Then when he does get the ball no one is out there with him to attack or link.

• 2 weeks later...

A back injury, my read on that is it occured in training and Baines soldiered on, hence why Mori was benched and Jags came in because Koeman had a concern for Baines for the 90.

I don't know if Garbutt is injured, but he wasn't even on the bench for wigan yesterday (oddly enough a certain stephen warnock is LB and captain for them) wigan are 23rd in the championship and look like going down a division.

Garbutt was on loan the season before at Fulham but they have their stock in 16 year old superstarlet Ryan Sessegnon who I doubt will be at Fulham past the opening day of the transfer window.

Baines aint done, but it's time to start to plan properly for the future, lets see Walsh and Ko earn their corn.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...