IGNORED

Leighton Baines

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Makis said:

IMO, it would be better to keep him for one more season. Get in a new first-choice LB with Baines as backup. Loan Robinson out for another season as he's apparently not ready for the big time yet. 

This is what we should’ve done about 2 years ago. We are shite at planning for the future. 

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is what we should’ve done about 2 years ago. We are shite at planning for the future. 

That should have been Walsh's job. Hope Brands can actually plan ahead.

IMO, there are only two reasonable choices: sign a first-choice LB and someone who can play at LB but also other positions (RB, CB or LM) as backup or keep Baines as backup. My preference would be a CB/LB player considering how many CBs we should ship out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He is a good professional, a good person. I am not surprised at all but this;

“There are no cars, it’s horse and cart, and it makes a big difference to them coming here. It’s said that a month here in England, with the fresh air, eating good food, puts a year on their life, which is unbelievable."

Wow...

I doubt the "fresh urban air" will add anything on their lives. Having no cars is actually a benefit from my point of view. Back to basics, these people live more natural way and eat what they grow themselves. I'm stunned some people believe that junk food, cars and urban air affect longevity in a positive way.

It’s because statistically people live longer these days than they have ever before.

Saw an interesting article about junk food. A doctor was saying it has no bearing on your health and that the only thing to worry about is the amount you eat.

i can testify that my diet of BBQs and beer is making me feel healthy than I will in ten years time.