IGNORED

Leighton Baines

Good work on the fitness Haf. Not easy as you get older. I really lack the determination, and I agree with the brain function too. Can’t switch off from the job so eat crap to tide me over instead of taking the time to cook properly. 

I won’t go for a run tonight, I’ll order a pizza instead. Double whammy. 

nice work Haf, i stopped running, doctor said it's awful for your knees.  i started swimming, it's been nice cause it's cardio and gives all the muscles a nice workout.  i go everyday on my lunch hour at work, swim and catch a shower, that way it doesn't eat into family time.  i just eat my lunch at my desk while i'm working.

9 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

MikeO, I'm guessing you are very fit!

Apart from being lop sided in the shoulders and having a right arm that doesn't work properly plus being one jugular vein short along with not being able to talk in the mornings (wife likes that bit) and getting exhausted by picking up a (heavyish) spoon I'm in tip top shape:lol:.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I sensed on another thread some dissatisfaction with both Baines and Coleman.  I’ll stick to Baines in this thread.

I think Baines’s contract is up end of season.  I hope he’s offered a 1-year extension, and that he accepts.  Don’t think he’d go somewhere else, and he’s still a good part-time player, as Digne develops.

• 1 month later...

Like he says though, he has t even spoke to him about it. He is just recognising that Baines has fantastic ability.

But Silva is t the type to make a position for an ageing player. He wants to build for the future.

My favourite player of the last ten years. Highly, but underrated! Would welcome him leaving for a swan song somewhere.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Matt said:

it will 100% be this and the left flank will only have Richarlison covering it...

To be fair, Richarlison actually played defense yesterday. Still don’t feel good about it, but he did put in quite the display against Wolves in the first match of the season on both sides of the ball.