IGNORED

Leighton Baines

On 19/06/2019 at 13:34, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I am certainly glad we are keeping him another year. Not a bad piece, decent quotes and interesting stuff but.....The headline was "Details Of" which leads you to think that's the crux of what you're about to read. "Baines signs a one-year deal." And then 500 (made up number) other words that have zero mention of details. I rolled my eyes when I read it because even 30+ years after the fact, my high school English teachers would rip me if I turned that in! 

And yes, I am qualified to speak on this - not because I am trained journalist, but because I live in Alabama, the home of bad journalism 🙄 

46 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

I am certainly glad we are keeping him another year. Not a bad piece, decent quotes and interesting stuff but.....The headline was "Details Of" which leads you to think that's the crux of what you're about to read. "Baines signs a one-year deal." And then 500 (made up number) other words that have zero mention of details. I rolled my eyes when I read it because even 30+ years after the fact, my high school English teachers would rip me if I turned that in! 

And yes, I am qualified to speak on this - not because I am trained journalist, but because I live in Alabama, the home of bad journalism 🙄 

I love Alabama, but I hate journalists. 

2 hours ago, Ghoat said:

Explains the grammatical mistakes, Mr trained journalist :P 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Explains the grammatical mistakes, Mr trained journalist :P 

Appears this wasn't as clear written as it was in my head -  "not because I am trained journalist" was meant to imply "because I'm not". To be fair, I was educated in Mississippi, so the fact it only took 3-4 edits before the spell-checker could even realize it was "journalist" I was trying to spell makes me kinda proud. Ish.

And in case you missed the details, Baines signed a one-year deal with us ;) 

• 8 months later...

Most dangerous corners we’ve seen all season, always got it into dangerous areas.  Amazed we never really got on to any of them.

excellent all round performance, great to see him getting some games and still be able to produce top performances.

i agree with having, it would be a shame to see him playing on when he’s no longer up to it.  Quite hard to judge as a player and for the coach when he gets so little real game time though.

i think baines himself will know when it’s time to stop.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I’m happy with this, top man and player, knows he can’t do week in week out anymore, but still delivers when needed, and we can’t underestimate the importance of a quality senior player in the dressing room.

I agree with this, apart from when he came into the team he did do it week in week out. I know it was only for a few weeks, but it’s all we can judge him on. He’s been our best left back this season, considering the competition its a big compliment.