IGNORED

Leighton Baines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he might, provided it’s not full time. 

I’d be happy if he did. I just remember reading this quote a few years ago:

When asked whether he will remain in football post-retirement, Baines told the Daily Mail: “I hope not. As much as I love it – the reason I don’t watch or read about it now is because I am giving everything I can to it – any bits of time that are my own, I come away from it.

“So when I finish, I think I will get that passion back as I won’t be involved in it. I reckon I would go back as a fan, but I’d like to do something else. I just want to try a different world, with different people, different experiences.”

32 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I kind of get the feeling he probably won’t want to work in football in any capacity.

He may come back once half the gobshites have been sold.  I seen footage of him watching the wolves gane with disgust on his face. 

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

I’d be happy if he did. I just remember reading this quote a few years ago:

When asked whether he will remain in football post-retirement, Baines told the Daily Mail: “I hope not. As much as I love it – the reason I don’t watch or read about it now is because I am giving everything I can to it – any bits of time that are my own, I come away from it.

“So when I finish, I think I will get that passion back as I won’t be involved in it. I reckon I would go back as a fan, but I’d like to do something else. I just want to try a different world, with different people, different experiences.”

I remember. I think after a season off he’ll want to be involved in some way again. If not coaching then in eitc 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I remember. I think after a season off he’ll want to be involved in some way again. If not coaching then in eitc 

Here’s to hoping.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He may come back once half the gobshites have been sold.  I seen footage of him watching the wolves gane with disgust on his face. 

Yeah I can’t imagine the last two seasons were fun for him to watch.

My favourite player over the last ten years.

How many tines have people said Baines is past it now so we can’t rely on him, only for him to come on and not only do a job, but do it well. 

Very rarely he ever gave anything other than a 6 or above, generally 7 and above. 

Whenever that ball was placed down, we all held our breath, expecting to see the net bulge! One of our best, love the bloke in our beautiful blue.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

My favourite player over the last ten years.

How many tines have people said Baines is past it now so we can’t rely on him, only for him to come on and not only do a job, but do it well. 

Very rarely he ever gave anything other than a 6 or above, generally 7 and above. 

Whenever that ball was placed down, we all held our breath, expecting to see the net bulge! One of our best, love the bloke in our beautiful blue.

Imagine how much better we would be if all of our players could play to a 6 or above now!