IGNORED

Djibril Sidibé

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Am I the only one that thinks he is actually pretty crap at crossing? 

I think he is full of energy and I think he is decent defensively but to me it looks like he has been having crossing lessons from Coleman.

I’m with you. Not seeing what others are seeing myself.

I was looking forward to seeing him, but less so now I have. He seems slow, clumsy, turns like an artic. So easy to get past. Not sure how good his crosses are as he is just so reluctant to cross. 

Not the answer in that position.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Probably because we don’t get people in the box enough. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

exactly, dcl kean richarlison all like to be outside the box and work in.  which is hurting us.  digne and sidibe and walcott kept slinging in crosses for no one to be  there, literally no one.  it makes me go crazy.  

Then he shouldn't be crossing the ball. May as well boot it out of play.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Then he shouldn't be crossing the ball. May as well boot it out of play.

His job is to cross the ball into the box and put it in a dangerous area. It’s the job of others to get in there on the end of those balls. 

He could always just pass the ball to the edge of the area for those players to pass responsibility for shooting on to someone else until the opportunity is gone like. 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

exactly, dcl kean richarlison all like to be outside the box and work in.  which is hurting us.  digne and sidibe and walcott kept slinging in crosses for no one to be  there, literally no one.  it makes me go crazy.  

The bit what annoys me the most is lack of movement to the near post. 

There was one example against Spurs - can't remember who was involved but if they would have made the run to the near post they would have dragged the defender and freed the player running late into the box... Exacalty where the ball ended up. 

I don't know if it's a lack of ability or teamwork but some of the movement is awful. 

59 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His job is to cross the ball into the box and put it in a dangerous area. It’s the job of others to get in there on the end of those balls. 

He could always just pass the ball to the edge of the area for those players to pass responsibility for shooting on to someone else until the opportunity is gone like. 

His job is to find a teammate. If there isn't anyone in the box, for whatever reason that might be, you don't put in a cross. 

Either way, whether it's 1 person or 10 people in the box I don't think he is a particular accurate crosser. 

I thought he was okay against Southampton but his stats suggest he had a world class game. I’m unsure if I’m overly hard on him but I sometimes see him as awkward/clumsy. In fairness we’ve been spoilt to athletic and technical rb’s for the last decade in Coleman, Hibbo & Neville that any RB would struggle to live up to expectations...

3ECCE7D7-7B0A-40A8-8BAC-31600BFE1C49.jpeg

On 06/11/2019 at 22:54, Bailey said:

His job is to find a teammate. If there isn't anyone in the box, for whatever reason that might be, you don't put in a cross. 

Either way, whether it's 1 person or 10 people in the box I don't think he is a particular accurate crosser. 

Bailey before every game you need pull every player on what you think there not good at, so they can go out prove you wrong. 
That’s what you call a tactical master at work on how to get the best out of your players, instead of Silva’s approach of there all very good.  

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Bailey before every game you need pull every player on what you think there not good at, so they can go out prove you wrong. 
That’s what you call a tactical master at work on how to get the best out of your players, instead of Silva’s approach of there all very good.  

Was an absolute peach of a ball to be fair. ( wish he’d whipped one in first against spurs at the death even more after it! )

37 minutes ago, Btay said:

I thought he was okay against Southampton but his stats suggest he had a world class game. I’m unsure if I’m overly hard on him but I sometimes see him as awkward/clumsy. In fairness we’ve been spoilt to athletic and technical rb’s for the last decade in Coleman, Hibbo & Neville that any RB would struggle to live up to expectations...

3ECCE7D7-7B0A-40A8-8BAC-31600BFE1C49.jpeg

Bray mate could you post that in the Southampton match day please, so my mate Shukes gets to see it , he was asking for some stats and evidence on Sidibe performance. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

No problem Palfy, any suggestions?

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Was an absolute peach of a ball to be fair. ( wish he’d whipped one in first against spurs at the death even more after it! )

I think he was aiming for the front post 😉