IGNORED

Djibril Sidibé

On 28/12/2019 at 23:20, Finn balor said:

I don’t need to watch it back. I saw it live and when the ball hit the back of the net the first thing I said was what a cross. I get  from your posts you don’t rate Sid and that’s fine we all have our opinions. 

Well that's why you should watch it back. Would you not be disappointed if he hadn't made the pass? 

I actually don't mind him, I have repeatedly said what I do like about him however I'm not going to go overboard on what was a simple ball at that level. 

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

Well that's why you should watch it back. Would you not be disappointed if he hadn't made the pass? 

I actually don't mind him, I have repeatedly said what I do like about him however I'm not going to go overboard on what was a simple ball at that level. 

Why do I feel confused besides the drink

On 30/12/2019 at 23:23, Finn balor said:

Would you not be disappointed if he hadn’t made that pass? That makes no sense at all? 

2nd take...

If Sidibe hadn't made the pass to DCL would you have been disappointed? 

Or how about.. 

Would you expect Sidibe to make that pass to DCL? If not, why not? 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

For those who still don't see how poor he is positionally, rewatch the goal, it's him being a ball magnet which gave Liverpool the space to do the one-two pass for the goal. School boy stuff. 

His positioning is his main problem. He makes some great tackles and some passes and crosses are excellent but his positioning through a the whole team out of shape and it keeps costing us. Some don’t see it but if they watch closely I think they’d be surprised. I don’t want to go on about it as I sound like a broken record and I hate being negative. 

32 minutes ago, barryj said:

His positioning is his main problem. He makes some great tackles and some passes and crosses are excellent but his positioning through a the whole team out of shape and it keeps costing us. Some don’t see it but if they watch closely I think they’d be surprised. I don’t want to go on about it as I sound like a broken record and I hate being negative. 

At this level it's probably the most important thing. That positioning gets you the extra second on the ball to pick the pass and that little extra time and space for the person receiving it. On the opposite side if you're no good at it the opposition will get that extra second and punish you, especially at this level. Just find it mad that we're in the monitory when comes to seeing it. 

40 minutes ago, pete0 said:

At this level it's probably the most important thing. That positioning gets you the extra second on the ball to pick the pass and that little extra time and space for the person receiving it. On the opposite side if you're no good at it the opposition will get that extra second and punish you, especially at this level. Just find it mad that we're in the monitory when comes to seeing it. 

Sounds to me you are both suffering from some form of sight delayed reaction issues. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is lost at right mid. He has no idea who to mark and who to pass on. He isn't good enough on the ball either. 

It worked once against Burnley but I am amazed that we keep wheeling him out to do the same thing. 

He should be right back or on the bench.

we have no one else to play there!  walcott is awful and then we have no RW on the bench.  Gordon is it.  he must really not be ready if sidibe is getting the call.  not sidibe's fault we have no one to play there.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

we have no one else to play there!  walcott is awful and then we have no RW on the bench.  Gordon is it.  he must really not be ready if sidibe is getting the call.  not sidibe's fault we have no one to play there.

Play Davies centrally and move Siggy there for one. Start Bernard as he was on the bench both games. 

He isn’t the most gifted player but he has one of the biggest hearts of any player who where’s our shirt at the moment, he works his nuts off if others weren’t so work shy and actually cared we would be in a far better position than we find ourselves in now. 
Just look at our own Motm stats in the last 6 or so games he is right near the top,  not because he is the most talented player out there with silky skills, but because he gives his all and that’s what we want from our players when our backs are against the wall we want to see a fighter, and so do managers.

And yet when you at his personal stats they are some of the best in our team, I do understand why some don’t rate him hell I was the same with Gana if a player doesn’t suit your eye he doesn’t suit your eye end of, but what I find hard to swallow is some people don’t criticise other players with an even hand they may have had an horrendous game yet not a murmur, Sidibe makes a couple of mistakes yet still has a fairly decent game as his votes and stats highlights, but they want to execute him, strange that. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He isn’t the most gifted player but he has one of the biggest hearts of any player who where’s our shirt at the moment, he works his nuts off if others weren’t so work shy and actually cared we would be in a far better position than we find ourselves in now. 
Just look at our own Motm stats in the last 6 or so games he is right near the top,  not because he is the most talented player out there with silky skills, but because he gives his all and that’s what we want from our players when our backs are against the wall we want to see a fighter, and so do managers.

And yet when you at his personal stats they are some of the best in our team, I do understand why some don’t rate him hell I was the same with Gana if a player doesn’t suit your eye he doesn’t suit your eye end of, but what I find hard to swallow is some people don’t criticise other players with an even hand they may have had an horrendous game yet not a murmur, Sidibe makes a couple of mistakes yet still has a fairly decent game as his votes and stats highlights, but they want to execute him, strange that. 

I’ve been very open in saying I like Sidibe.  For all the people that complain about passion and playing for the shirt he does every match.  Now it may not go well, but he works his ass off, I never see him loafing it.  He reminds me of Naismith in that regard.

I’ve not been on either side of the fence with him, he’s a loanee that’s done a job so far and had bad games. I’d sign him based on what I’ve seen though and I’m not against him playing RW considering the other options. Good player, not great, but good enough at the moment 

Actually that is a good point Matt makes that he is a loanee, yet he puts a lot more effort than some who are on big contracts, I would agree that it could be that he is trying to gain himself a permanent deal good on him if it is at least he’s willing to work for it. 
The chances are he won’t get a contract let’s be frank he may not even want one, when asked that some weeks ago he said he didn’t wish to discuss whether he would want to stay, he was more interested in playing well and finishing his season loan. 
I think Ancelotti well may have someone else in mind who is as equally hard working but with a bit more ability. 
But going back to him being a loanee after the Liverpool game he was the only one who went to the 8,000 Evertonian’s, he was clapped by some and booed by many, but at least he had the bottle to face them and not scuttle off down the tunnel afraid to face the accusations. 
And that’s what sets him apart from some of the other players he’s not afraid to put  his neck on the line, in short he’s a fighter who gives his all. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

In this formation where the right midfield switches to a right back I think he’s ideal. I won’t hide how disappointed I was with him on Sunday, but that’s because I’ve been so impressed with him since Carlo arrived. He set a good standard.

No one really covered themselves in glory Sunday, and he wasn’t good, nearly every player got a 3/10, bar Walcott who got a 4 as did the 3 subs, and Gylfi who got a 2 I can’t remember seeing a 2/10 before, says it all really  

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, barryj said:

I know it was mentioned in the match day thread but how can you forget a sock. That’s the only job he had at kickoff was to be ready!  🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ 
Even my children mange this (when they can find them!) 

https://www.skysports.com/share/11929301

Wouldn't it have made more sense for one of the other subs to whip one off and give it to him rather than go back to the dressing room? Whatever, crazy mistake.