• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

i understand the anger at Koeman, I am also not happy so far. But I am flabbergasted as to why the Steve Walsh thread isn't on fire as well. The man signed Enner Valencia, failed on Sissoko (shouldn't have been in for him) and didn't bring in much else (i liked the bolasie signing, some don't). Koeman can only work with what he's got and they're not his players. CB, ST, Wingers, DM, not to mention bench players, we need an overhaul and ole Stevie better pony up and show us what he can do this winter and summer because as much as Koeman isn't doing well, the players aren't there to do well with.

No wonder all the players were on their phones in the dressing room the other day, clearly the manager has little faith in many of them

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronald-koeman-everton-not-players-12308490

I thought he came across better in that article. He obviously recognizes the problems, now he just needs to get the players to realize them!

Edited by TonkaRoost

He obviously does not rate the squad much though, no wonder some of them don't seem to putting much effort in, bring on the window so we can get rid/bring in some new blood

I agree, and we're not going to do anything so a fire sale and massive changes would be fine with me, better to burn it down now and have a good season next year than slow progress over 2 season.

No wonder all the players were on their phones in the dressing room the other day, clearly the manager has little faith in many of them

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronald-koeman-everton-not-players-12308490

It's bullshit excuses too. Physical players can be beaten. We have done it before and plenty of teams do it week in week out.

The shite beat Watford 6 1 for fucks sake and they are a smaller team than us!

Must admit I am getting fed up of his bullshit defeatism.

You conveniently forgot the context. I asked what Walsh does and you said he scouts. The whole context was about transfers so you have a very weird way of communicating if, while talking about how transfers work, you jump to scouting completely bypassing what he does in the transfer front unless you mean he's not involved in that.

Here's the conversation so far:

Me: Walsh deals with the transfers.

You: No.

Me: So what does he do?

You: He scouts.

Me: Really? Do you really think he only scouts?

You: Where did I say that?

Me: In this message: xxx

You: Did I really need to spend an hour writing down everything he does? But I give up, you are wrong, boohoo.

Clap - fking - clap.

Honestly mate read your posts.

You said Koeman doesn't deal with transfers not Walsh and that is what I was replying to. I haven't actually even looked back at your post but I am sure that was your point.

I promise I will look back after posting this to make sure and if it was Walsh you were talking about then I apologise for the whole thing.

My point about Walsh stands though....he do a deal with scouting.

To be clear I am it saying that's all he does, I am not even say he goes out looking himself. But my understanding is that he runs a team that does. Again...among other things.

As promised Makis I looked back.

You were talking about Koeman not Walsh mate, honestly look back yourself and you will see.

Also you quoted a part where I said Walsh only scouts....and it didn't even say that...you even blew me kisses for it? ....when it proved you wrong? But oh well.

Thanks for the clap you have me to, I'm guessing it was some kind of admittance?

But great neatly please read back to the post I replied to. I haven't quoted it as it wasn't only me you were targeting so there's no need. But please at least look back for me so we can put this to sleep....others are getting bored with it now haha ?

i understand the anger at Koeman, I am also not happy so far. But I am flabbergasted as to why the Steve Walsh thread isn't on fire as well. The man signed Enner Valencia, failed on Sissoko (shouldn't have been in for him) and didn't bring in much else (i liked the bolasie signing, some don't). Koeman can only work with what he's got and they're not his players. CB, ST, Wingers, DM, not to mention bench players, we need an overhaul and ole Stevie better pony up and show us what he can do this winter and summer because as much as Koeman isn't doing well, the players aren't there to do well with.

But Mark - are you convinced that Koeman is getting 100% out of these lads? I'm not. If these guys were under Klopp or Conte for example, I think you would see an improvement. Leicester has a squad of pretty average Joe's, and look what they accomplished last season. They changed the rules of this game forever as far as I'm concerned. Their campaign is not nearly as good this year, but CR took average players to unbelievable heights with the perfect combination of attitude, incentives, teamwork, etc etc.

EFC is FAR more capable than the shite they are delivering to us week after week. January is not going to save us - it might add bit of spice to the dish - but we have to get the recipe correct first. I'm convinced that is it in a nutshell.

As promised Makis I looked back.

You were talking about Koeman not Walsh mate, honestly look back yourself and you will see.

Also you quoted a part where I said Walsh only scouts....and it didn't even say that...you even blew me kisses for it? ....when it proved you wrong? But oh well.

Thanks for the clap you have me to, I'm guessing it was some kind of admittance?

But great neatly please read back to the post I replied to. I haven't quoted it as it wasn't only me you were targeting so there's no need. But please at least look back for me so we can put this to sleep....others are getting bored with it now haha

Eh, what??

Yes, first I talked about Koeman. Then I asked what Walsh does (message #1975 if you don't believe me). Very specifically and there's no way to misread it like you seem to have done (how do you read "So what does Walsh do then?" in any other way than what I intended?).

Your answer, in message #1979 reads:

Errr he scouts.... pretty much what you said.

But do you really think that Koeman doesn't have a vision of what he wants?

If that's the case then make Walsh the manager.

And I am not blaming him for anyone he didnt sign, just the ones he did and how the team are doing now. After all...isn't that his job?

Edited by Makis

If I remember correctly, this time last year a lot of members on here were saying our squad was the best we've had since the eighties, we played quite well up to Christmas and since then the rot set in.

I just can't put my finger on the problem, the back four are all internationals, Gana and McCarthy are internationals, and several forwards are internationals. Why are they playing rubbish.??

I think it has to be down to the players, the tactics, or both.

This squad played some good football up to the new year, it has had four more players added to supposedly improve the squad but they still churn out rubbish, I don't think the players that were brought in improved the team at all, and although I might blame the Manager for that I certainly can't blame him for the mediocre performances from all the players.

Is money the cause ? Players do not seem to be motivated to exert themselves, just content to go through the motions of delivering average form which is obviously not good enough for the prem.

I hope the new players that come in january are hard loud bastards that will give their teammates a right bollocking if they're not pulling their weight. Yeah thats what we need, some natural born winners.

Edited by Bill

Right, cards on the table and my two pence worth.....

Our squad isn't good enough. Koeman has inherited a bunch of shite and Martinez mess. I don't want to keep blaming Martinez in all this but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were in the last months of his tenure. There was no discipline in the squad and everyone just seemed to do what they wanted. Koemans now had to come in and pick up this mess.

We missed out on every target we wanted all summer and ended up with 3rd or 4th choice players but what were we suppose to do, sign nobody? We went for (allegedly) Koulibally, Witsel, Mata, Perez, to name a few and ended up with Williams, Gana, Bolasies and Valencia on loan.

Our squad needs a massive overhaul not just a couple of additions our key players like Lukaku and Barkley Mirallas and Deulefeu have not performed great, players like Baines, Jagielka Barry are past their best and we're tying to implement a completely new style of play, new manager, coaching staff, boardroom set up the lot. It's not going to happen over night and certainly not in one transfer window!!!!

Weall need to cool our jets, if we're still in free fall this time next year after 3 transfer windows then I'll start questioning him but 15 games in is just utter madness.

This is exactly how i feel too.

Way too early to Judge. I cant believe people are saying we played good football under Martinez! We were a laughing stock, not much better now but its a knock on effect that's will take time to change. People need to remember this a complete teardown and not just a refurb job!

I agree with the comment regarding City and UTD too, we are very similar just on a different scale.

If we sign 4 of Koemans type of players in Jan I think it will make all the difference. Im hoping Van Dijk & Schneiderlin are 2 of those 4, they would certainly make a difference.

Conte inherited a top top team and still spent a fortune on players, completely different.

Eh, what??

Yes, first I talked about Koeman. Then I asked what Walsh does (message #1975 if you don't believe me). Very specifically and there's no way to misread it like you seem to have done (how do you read "So what does Walsh do then?" in any other way than what I intended?).

Your answer, in message #1979 reads:

So your quoting my message where I said he does .... pretty much what you said...... and tell me that's wrong? Eh? Your on a wind up aren't you haha?

And at last you have admitted that you were talking about Koeman....that's the first step you know.

Your arguing about a different point. And I understand why you are doing it, it's a sideways tactic to derail your original point as you have realised you got it wrong.

But honestly mate....why can't you either ignore it now, or just admit it?

Let's put it simple.

The argument is that Koeman has nothing to do with transfers.

Mine is that he does.

That's it, nothing more and nothing less.

You telling me that I need to look at what a DOF actually is, does not change my opinion that Koeman has involvement in who the club buys.

Sorry for the sarcasm through the posts but if you come at me with it, ...I'm not strong enough not to bite back. Nothing personal.

Anyway I am going to leave this one now....yes, even if you quote me etc. If there are any issues then feel free to keep it private ?

The idea that Koeman has nothing to do with transfers is a joke - of course he does.

I believe it goes something like this:-

Koeman:- "Steve Walsh, we need players"

Walsh:- "ok, what are you looking for?"

Koeman:- "I need a striker who can lead the line as a lone striker, an experienced centre half, and a number 10"

Walsh:- "ok, let me come back to you in a bit"

after x weeks

Walsh:- "Ok, we have a list of players who I believe fit the bill..... the following are ready now and I recommened higthly, the others are maybe for the future, the cost will be somewhere in the region of £xxxx, I have spoken to the agents and the players would be interested... what do you think"

Koeman:- "I like the look of this lad, what's his background, is he a team players, good in the dressing room etc? ok lets go for him as a priority"

walsh:- "lets see what I can do"

something like that

Honestly, I think Koeman has just been brutally honest with the players. He's run the rule over them and decided that they're shit and now they've all got the hump.

Most know they will get the boot over the next couple of windows so are just sticking 2 fingers up so to speak by not trying in the games, problem is it's the fans that suffer.

If anyone believes he wasn't involved in the signings of Bolasi, Williams,Gana, Stekkers and the loan of Valencia, then they need a serious reality check, Walsh will look and highlight players but Koeman will have the final say on any business done 100%.

He regularly started games with his first 4 signings, which is equivalent to about 38% of the starting 11, so surly we should have expected to see some improvements, but we are seeing quite the opposite, personally that scares the shit out of me.