Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yes good point.  the farm to table movement at restaurants is a big thing here.  it's really changed a lot of the restaurant landscape as diners prefer knowing where their food is coming from and would rather support restaurants that buy from local farmers.

i love fast food too matt, it's an addiction i've yet to best (quit sugar and booze for months before).  i don't eat it often, maybe 1 time a month, but if we're out of food or on a drive, i'm not going to turn it down :)  wendy's is from Ohio, so we have them everywhere.  I am a big fan of Chipotle, they are healthier and don't use antibiotic meat, and source as much as they can locally and organic, but it's still fast food :)

Red Lobster, I’m not a fan of Wendy’s or Deny’s. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unprecedented.  Unbelievable.  How can you go back on a treaty signed less than a year ago..  

I don't agree this is on brexit-voters... it is on a populist, irresponsible government whose big campaign slogan was the oven-ready deal.  

When the legality of the bill breaking international law will be challenged in court, the judiciary will be placed in a position where they once again will be labeled "enemies of the people" by right-wingers, further undermining the rule of law in the UK.  It will get worse before it gets better..

34 minutes ago, holystove said:

Unprecedented.  Unbelievable.  How can you go back on a treaty signed less than a year ago..  

I don't agree this is on brexit-voters... it is on a populist, irresponsible government whose big campaign slogan was the oven-ready deal.  

When the legality of the bill breaking international law will be challenged in court, the judiciary will be placed in a position where they once again will be labeled "enemies of the people" by right-wingers, further undermining the rule of law in the UK.  It will get worse before it gets better..

I’m surprised you’re surprised Holy, the Torys have tricked allies and anyone else for that matter to have their own way. 

It is in a way on the Brexit voters; they trusted the Conservative snakes and voted on something massive that wasn’t understood. Even when provided with evidence that blew up the leave argument, it was fingers-in-ears-I’m-not-listening. 

Although obviously the majority of the blame goes to anyone who continued to keep them in power. 

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just don’t think he’s in the best position to be offering his advice when his decisions killed people for his own gain.

Each to their own though, I suppose. 

But I’m not condoning his past actions. They were despicable. Don’t change the fact that what he’s saying today isn’t true and correct, at worst hypocritical 

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

But I’m not condoning his past actions. They were despicable. Don’t change the fact that what he’s saying today isn’t true and correct, at worst hypocritical 

Blair should not be given a platform to talk, just like Gary Glitters records aren't played on Radio.  He is a mass murderer

20 hours ago, Matt said:

It's a shame you can't be so balanced when talking about people that voted for Brexit. I mean, apparently we're all just idiots according to you ;).

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's a shame you can't be so balanced when talking about people that voted for Brexit. I mean, apparently we're all just idiots according to you ;).

:lol: the choice made was naive, idiotic and calamitous for the country. But I’ve still read your comments on Everton and largely agree, because what you say on a completely unrelated topic makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was fine with no deal in the first place. I was voting to leave the EU, not have ties with it still.

That’s fine you’ve always wanted a no deal not a problem with that, but this government signed a deal under international law with EU less than a year ago that they are now renegading on.

If this is allowed to happen this country will never be trusted in the world markets on deals again, even by the shithouse Trump administration, and for me anyone who agrees with that tact this government is now taking in my eyes is a back stabbing untrustworthy piece of shit, with no values worth having or mentioning, if they didn’t want a deal they shouldn’t have signed a deal, then we could have held our heads up high instead of allowing a few to make us look like a nation  of snake in the grass cunts. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

If this is allowed to happen this country will never be trusted in the world markets on deals again, even by the shithouse Trump administration, and for me anyone who agrees with that tact this government is now taking in my eyes is a back stabbing untrustworthy piece of shit, with no values worth having or mentioning, if they didn’t want a deal they shouldn’t have signed a deal, then we could have held our heads up high instead of allowing a few to make us look like a nation snake in the grass cunts. 

I agree with this entirely.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I agree with this entirely.

Thank you mate, I voted remain but when we lost, I also felt as you we should go for a no deal because I felt any deal we could get would be stacked in the EUs favour, but to then sign a deal and do what they are doing is so damaging to this country and the beliefs and values we hold so dear, I’ve always believed if you have nothing of monetary worth, then and at least keep your values they will hold you in good stead for the future. 

• 2 weeks later...