IGNORED

Joe Hart

I was never sold on Howard, and I'd rate Joe Hart in the same bracket at best. We should be aiming higher imo.

Hart is a much better keeper than Howard ever was Pete, it's all about opinions obviously but I doubt many would class Hart and Howard as equal.

He's a top goal keeper. I've seen him have awesome games and the odd mistake. He will improve us dramatically. Big voice, good kicking, good shot stopper.

All good.

agree, but Nogs is right - his head is his biggest issue and that is hard to change.

I've been really impressed with Portugal's keeper Rui Patricio. Comes for crosses confidently and seems a good shot stopper too. Sure I read that Man U had him lined up before they decided to sign De Gea.

He's done a great job tonight. I don't know whether this is his usual standard or a one off though.

• 1 month later...

I think Steklenburg will be a decent keeper if we are stuck with him but if Hart was a possibility I'd have him without a second thought

His clangers are jumped on more than anyone else's by the media due to City and more so England being in the spotlight. He's a very commanding keeper having him and Williams in the same side would be great for the other lads imo

Yet the keeper who only got a loan move to Southampton because Forster got injured did?

They were great saves today, but how anyone can think Hart is not better than what we have is crazy to me.

Look at the likes of Nicky Butt at Newcastle, sometimes being English and at a favored club carries players way above their individual ability.

Look at the likes of Nicky Butt at Newcastle, sometimes being English and at a favored club carries players way above their individual ability.

Nicky Butt was very important to a very successful Man Utd team for years. If anything he was underrated.

On Hart, he's a top keeper and he's a leader. We need both. £40m is far too steep - at half of that I'd be delighted. Best case scenario would be a loan to buy.

Nicky Butt was very important to a very successful Man Utd team for years. If anything he was underrated.

On Hart, he's a top keeper and he's a leader. We need both. £40m is far too steep - at half of that I'd be delighted. Best case scenario would be a loan to buy.

The point was how he done away from the better teammates and favourable referee decisions.

He's not even the best English keeper.