IGNORED

Moussa Sissoko

• 4 weeks later...

Odds have dropped dramatically today. We are 2/1 favourites to sign Sissoko from Newscastle after he has announced his intentions to leave the club

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/15/crystal-palace-target-moussa-sissoko-newcastle-yannick-bolasie-sale

This scenario makes whole lto more sense to me... Why target Sissoko when we have Bolasie already?

Personally I'd much rather Bolasie, so I also hope Guardian knows what they're talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/15/crystal-palace-target-moussa-sissoko-newcastle-yannick-bolasie-sale

This scenario makes whole lto more sense to me... Why target Sissoko when we have Bolasie already?

Personally I'd much rather Bolasie, so I also hope Guardian knows what they're talking about.

sissoko and bolasie are different players. Sissoko would player cm or no 10. I would love to see him along side gueye, but think 35m is a lot to pay.

I understand this, but why move for sissoko regardless? We have solid midfield depth imo opinion, with the midfield signing we need being an elite game changer / creative type.. I know on sissokos day he can change the course of a game, but I don't think there's much to separate him from what we have.

Whenever I saw Sissoko for France during the Euro's I thought he was quality and the most likely game changer for them in a lot of games. He reminded me of Yaya Toure, charging forward through the middle out muscling people and looking to make things happen.

I've not seen him much for Newcastle so don't know how he's got on in the Premiership but every time I watched him for France I wanted to see us sign him.

If he doesn't do it in the Premiership then fair enough but what i saw of him I thought he was quality.

200w.gif

Aww snap!

Seriously, though. He's been nothing but trash for Newcastle. If he's that good in the euros, then he clearly won't give his all for a struggling team, and we don't need players like that around.

The Newcastle fans were all hoping he'd have a great WC so they could trick someone into taking him off their hands.

The Newcastle fans were all hoping he'd have a great WC so they could trick someone into taking him off their hands.

To play MikeO (Devils advocate) could it be he was decent but their team was shit and in the process of being relegated so they weren't thinking about his form. Could be like Gueye for villa, their forum thought they were getting a steal when they sold him to us.

What is his main position. At Newcastle I saw him play on both wings, across most of the midfield. For France he was 1 of 3 Central Midfielders wasn't he?

I don't see him as a DCM or a No.10 behind the striker so would that mean us looking to play a back 4, 1 DCM, 2CM, 2wingers and a Striker?

What is his main position. At Newcastle I saw him play on both wings, across most of the midfield. For France he was 1 of 3 Central Midfielders wasn't he?

I don't see him as a DCM or a No.10 behind the striker so would that mean us looking to play a back 4, 1 DCM, 2CM, 2wingers and a Striker?

his versatility could be why we are trying to sign him. Koeman likes people who can play a variety of positions (as mentioned elsewhere on the forum) since he changes formations.

He started really well at newcastle when he was deployed behind the striker and scored a a few goals. He was then deployed further back so the goals stopped. If you look at him at newcastle, he's worked for shot managers (pardew, Carr and mcclaren) so has he been used correctly. He showed much better form under Benitez towards the end of the season. He looked good for France in the euro's, playing a bit further forward. I think he has the attributes we are looking for in our players.