IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

It is not a working majority in practice and is, at best, a short term fix. It looks to me as though the country has got the worst possible outcome in many ways and will likely face another election around October - in the middle of brexit negotiations. Not good.

Quite right on the Brexit negotiations. May at the very least needs a unified Conservative Party to get the Brexit she wants... try getting a hard Brexit past Ken Clarke (or Soubry for that matter). Also DUP doesn't want a hard border, which means Customs Union?

As you say, not a working majority.

Quite right on the Brexit negotiations. May at the very least needs a unified Conservative Party to get the Brexit she wants... try getting a hard Brexit past Ken Clarke (or Soubry for that matter). Also DUP doesn't want a hard border, which means Customs Union?

I doubt May will be the one negotiating the deal anyway. It's likely to be Boris fucking Johnson. Oh. My. God.

It's going to be fascinating, albeit probably the worst case scenario for Joe public.

At the very least it's a nigh on certainty that May has gone before the next election. Albeit I doubt they will leave it that long. Ruth Davidson has done really well in Scotland and Ken Clarke always appears to have the countries best interest at heart.

I think quietly Labour will be disappointed they didn't get themselves over the line in a coalition of some kind considering how many people voted and what turned out to be such a terrible Tory campaign. This was their chance and I doubt the Tories will make the same mistakes again.

It's a massive come down for May, humiliating in fact. I wonder if this will give her a kick up the arse or whether she will close ranks even further.

Bad nights for Farron, Nutall and to an extent Sturgeon as well.

Edited by Bailey

Someone on Twitter described the DUP manifesto as "basically just the bible, with fortnightly bin collections."

Awesome.

Heard them described on BBC world service before as "the political wing of the 18th century"

Theresa seems to be completely delusional, will she even last the month?

It's too late for her to fall on her sword.

She is causing irreparable damage to their party. I'm delighted...

Such a pity corbyn never got in. At least the Tory pricks have been dealt a hammer blow - the youth of the country are more intelligent and strong minded than they they thought.

By the way.... any chance of the sun finally being closed down? What type of person reads that rag.

Heard them described on BBC world service before as "the political wing of the 18th century"

I was watching CNN and someone described DUP as basically Mike Pence if Mike Pence had his roots in a violent armed militia.

She just keeps making poor decision after poor decision. They're not even small mistakes, these are massive. As if calling an unnecessary General Election that blew up in her face big time wasn't bad enough she now aligns herself with a group that may as well be living in the Stone Age just so she can hold power.

Edited by Romey 1878

I was watching CNN and someone described DUP as basically Mike Pence if Mike Pence had his roots in a violent armed militia.

And yet the Conservatives spent the whole election saying Corbyn is unelectable because he's a terrorist sympathiser. You could not write this shit. Her own party and voters don't even want this alliance.

It's too late for her to fall on her sword.

She is causing irreparable damage to their party. I'm delighted...

Such a pity corbyn never got in. At least the Tory pricks have been dealt a hammer blow - the youth of the country are more intelligent and strong minded than they they thought.

By the way.... any chance of the sun finally being closed down? What type of person reads that rag.

Intelligent or gullible? ?

She just keeps making poor decision after poor decision. They're not even small mistakes, these are massive. As if calling an unnecessary General Election that blew up in her face big time she now aligns herself with a group that may as well be living in the Stone Age just so she can hold power.

It's disgusting to be honest. I didn't know much about the DUP until the last few days but I can't believe that such a party exists in the UK let alone wins seats!

Ruth Davidson has already and rightly had a pop and long may it continue. More tories need to do the same.

hmmmm no matter what you say now, she is still PM, but there is a Tory backlash on it's way/ She has a choice, stick with her advisors who have stuck with her, or be facing a challenge by Monday.

This is before Brexit negotiations start, which indicates how desperate they are

hmmmm no matter what you say now, she is still PM, but there is a Tory backlash on it's way/ She has a choice, stick with her advisors who have stuck with her, or be facing a challenge by Monday.

This is before Brexit negotiations start, which indicates how desperate they are

They've both resigned.

They're all the same. They'll do whatever they can to do what they want. All parties. All leaders.

The sooner Joe Public wakes up and stops fighting amongst themselves over this party or that party, the sooner we might actually realise that the system is dated and broken. We might one day move forward.

It's disgusting to be honest. I didn't know much about the DUP until the last few days but I can't believe that such a party exists in the UK let alone wins seats!

Ruth Davidson has already and rightly had a pop and long may it continue. More tories need to do the same.

There is an on line petition against the Tories doing a deal with the DUP, I urge everyone to go online and sign this petition hundreds of thousands have done so so far, the fight isn't over let's not let this government destroy this country and ruin our international standing, politics and freedom are still alive in this country, sign the petition and let's get rid of the bitch once and for all. You still have a voice please use it for the sake of your children and grandchildren, Labour engaged the young in this country and they voted in droves,like we've never seen before and the majority voted Labour, now sign this petition and stand side by side with your kids.