Jump to content
Paddock

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Recommended Posts

As has been touched on before, he's talking us down in order to make believe that he had done an exceptional job. That he has performed better than anyone could have expected.

He's trying to talk himself into keeping his job. For me, he's talking himself out of a job.

As has been pointed out, it's a very Moyesesque approach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

As has been touched on before, he's talking us down in order to make believe that he had done an exceptional job. That he has performed better than anyone could have expected.

He's trying to talk himself into keeping his job. For me, he's talking himself out of a job.

As has been pointed out, it's a very Moyesesque approach.

 

I do worry that he will convince Moshiri to keep him and extend his contact, or am I just having a don’t panic moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I do worry that he will convince Moshiri to keep him and extend his contact, or am I just having a don’t panic moment 

Please let it be a panic moment, cos I'm feeling the same 👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

As has been touched on before, he's talking us down in order to make believe that he had done an exceptional job. That he has performed better than anyone could have expected.

He's trying to talk himself into keeping his job. For me, he's talking himself out of a job.

As has been pointed out, it's a very Moyesesque approach.

 

Always been worried about this.

Evertonians should not be in a position where they may contemplate wanting the team to lose for the greater good of the club but that is where we are. Dalglish got sacked for finishing 7th despite winning a cup! Look at them now. League contenders and in many other seasons could arguably classed as good enough to win the title.

Ffs it annoyed the utter crap out of me when people celebrated 6th place finishes under moyes.... ever watched athletics and seen some bloke from costa Rica  celebrate bronze medal like he had won gold? .... you think "blimey.... he must have set his sights low" but you look and see the American in silver place look gutted.... that is what we need to be.

The days of low money lower expectations need to be banished.  We are spending money - either get in the mix with the top 4 or get gone.

Allardyce is in the moyes pardew and pulis school of "average is ok"......  I'm not ok with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allardyce just doesnt get the best out of his players and its easy to see that. The one player that you could say that he has extracted a certain level of improvement from is Martina, which says it all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Always been worried about this.

Evertonians should not be in a position where they may contemplate wanting the team to lose for the greater good of the club but that is where we are. Dalglish got sacked for finishing 7th despite winning a cup! Look at them now. League contenders and in many other seasons could arguably classed as good enough to win the title.

Ffs it annoyed the utter crap out of me when people celebrated 6th place finishes under moyes.... ever watched athletics and seen some bloke from costa Rica  celebrate bronze medal like he had won gold? .... you think "blimey.... he must have set his sights low" but you look and see the American in silver place look gutted.... that is what we need to be.

The days of low money lower expectations need to be banished.  We are spending money - either get in the mix with the top 4 or get gone.

Allardyce is in the moyes pardew and pulis school of "average is ok"......  I'm not ok with that. 

Everyone is spending money because of the tv money - We have nowhere near the finance of Spurs even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Everyone is spending money because of the tv money - We have nowhere near the finance of Spurs even.

Im sure I read somewhere we are the 6th highest spenders in Europe this season or something along those lines, Mike will check he’s always correcting my exaggerations which I have no problem with 🤥😡, anyhow the point I wanted to make was we haven’t spent wisely in the positions we needed to and with some of the players we’ve brought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Im sure I read somewhere we are the 6th highest spenders in Europe this season or something along those lines, Mike will check he’s always correcting my exaggerations which I have no problem with 🤥😡, anyhow the point I wanted to make was we haven’t spent wisely in the positions we needed to and with some of the players we’ve brought. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-make-most-of-wembley-factor-as-they-climb-rich-list-with-305m-revenue-a3747586.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Everyone is spending money because of the tv money - We have nowhere near the finance of Spurs even.

We had tv money before moshiri..... what did we spend?  Nowt really. Always selling to buy.

The fact of the matter is we have spent a fortune on players of the ilk of sigurdson, Walcott, tosun, etc etc. Absolutely no excuse for the pitiful level of football and on pitch ambition that we've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hafnia said:

We had tv money before moshiri..... what did we spend?  Nowt really. Always selling to buy.

The fact of the matter is we have spent a fortune on players of the ilk of sigurdson, Walcott, tosun, etc etc. Absolutely no excuse for the pitiful level of football and on pitch ambition that we've seen.

Actually, the tv money drastically increased at the beginning of 2016/2017 from prior levels, making the PL hands down the richest league in the world. Moshiri bought his stake in March 2016, for reference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Im sure I read somewhere we are the 6th highest spenders in Europe this season or something along those lines, Mike will check he’s always correcting my exaggerations which I have no problem with 🤥😡,

We were fifth highest gross spenders last Summer according to this with £149m splashed but I'm guessing we were far a lot further down the list when it comes to net spend (which is far more relevant) because we brought in close to £100m in sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We were fifth highest gross spenders last Summer according to this with £149m splashed but I'm guessing we were far a lot further down the list when it comes to net spend (which is far more relevant) because we brought in close to £100m in sales.

Don't spoil it Mike I nearly got something right instead of exaggerating I was quite conservative for once, I thank you for your input for once😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Actually, the tv money drastically increased at the beginning of 2016/2017 from prior levels, making the PL hands down the richest league in the world. Moshiri bought his stake in March 2016, for reference. 

Yep.... about £40m increase but we have spent exponentionally far more than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to leave our club. Terrible performance, and the most shocking part is we managed a goal. I will not be watching next season if this fuck is still managing the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Many of us have been sayin he needs to be gone for months.  Does anyone actually want him to stay?

Even if someone did want him to stay you'd be a brave man to come out with it on here, it would amount to signing your own death warrant you'd be shot down in seconds.

I don't think there's anyone who wants him to stay bar Moshiri or he would have sacked him by now and Sammy Lee because he's a red and he's loving what's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

18% possession. At home. The 82% possession for City was the highest in the PL for an away side ever. EVER!

Fuck off. Just fuck off. 

Id like to see the cud chewing slob explain this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Even if someone did want him to stay you'd be a brave man to come out with it on here, it would amount to signing your own death warrant you'd be shot down in seconds.

I don't think there's anyone who wants him to stay bar Moshiri or he would have sacked him by now and Sammy Lee because he's a red and he's loving what's happening.

I actually think Sammy Lee is a decent footy bloke. All about the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I actually think Sammy Lee is a decent footy bloke. All about the team. 

 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I actually think Sammy Lee is a decent footy bloke. All about the team. 

All about the money the money ka-ching ka-ching.💰😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18% possession. Laughable.

Sam coming in has been the least constructive appointment we could have made. How can you expect the players to adapt in a world cup pre season from an Allerdyce style of play, to something like that of Fonesca's?

We can all point the finger at that fat gravy drinking prick, but there are people at this club who are more to blame for this shit show we are in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aidan said:

18% possession. Laughable.

Sam coming in has been the least constructive appointment we could have made. How can you expect the players to adapt in a world cup pre season from an Allerdyce style of play, to something like that of Fonesca's?

We can all point the finger at that fat gravy drinking prick, but there are people at this club who are more to blame for this shit show we are in.

I would certainly look at a good few players.

It all started with Koeman... a clear sense of unhappiness and imbalance.  We seen a brief uplift in spirit under unsworth but he was tactically inept.  The ongoings of mirallas and schneiderlein... Williams acting like a tit, Rooney with his off pitch goings on. Not good....

Then fat Sam strolls in... 

We are lacking stewardship big time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

isn'ttt that the case for the vast majority?

Definitely Haf, thing is Haf you don't get the irony of it or my tongue in cheek comments don't come across as such.

But anyway it's black I await your response that it's white😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

18% possession. Laughable.

Sam coming in has been the least constructive appointment we could have made. How can you expect the players to adapt in a world cup pre season from an Allerdyce style of play, to something like that of Fonesca's?

We can all point the finger at that fat gravy drinking prick, but there are people at this club who are more to blame for this shit show we are in.

Thats a really good point about pre-season! I suppose there won't be too many players away but it can also delay new signings too so it could be a rocky start for the new manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Thats a really good point about pre-season! I suppose there won't be too many players away but it can also delay new signings too so it could be a rocky start for the new manager.

What new manager have we got it on good authority that he's going end of season, or are we still praying that the end is near.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What new manager have we got it on good authority that he's going end of season, or are we still praying that the end is near.

Still praying and hoping. I'm planning a sacrifice to the Gods soon just to make sure it's a done deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Still praying and hoping. I'm planning a sacrifice to the Gods soon just to make sure it's a done deal.

Haf will volunteer for that and if that doesn't work I'll go second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf will volunteer for that and if that doesn't work I'll go second

I expect the playing staff to be making all required sacrifices. 

Is Sam still here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hafnia said:

I expect the playing staff to be making all required sacrifices. 

Is Sam still here?

Haf I respect your stance on this one 100%  and that's after a couple of bottles of red love you mate with out trying to sound like a dick.

Don't kick me in the bollocks mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf I respect your stance on this one 100%  and that's after a couple of bottles of red love you mate with out trying to sound like a dick.

Don't kick me in the bollocks mate.

He's more likely to tickle them after that post:P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It's not the same at Everton as it was at Bolton, Martin, because this prick simply doesn't give a shit about anything now apart from the nice, fat, juicy wage he's picking up from our shambolic club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-brushes-boss-everton-14482099

I found this bit particularly interesting -  

Quote

"If the season finished before today I’d be sixth in the table so that for me, on the basis of what I have had to do at the other clubs, is okay.

I'd be sixth?! 

I absolutely hate this man. I never thought I could hate the man in charge of the football club I love but there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Pardew has left WBA.

Feel free to make a move for the relegation escape master....

I was thinking about this when I heard the news on TalkSport.

If WBA wanted Sam, and Everton have plans in place to get rid in the Summer, would it be that bad of an idea to allow him to leave now and let Rhino take the ropes until the end of the season as an interim manager? Not to see how he performs in order to contend for the job in the summer, just to see it out so the fans can (hopefully) be a little happier. He could start putting in place a more offensive and possession based style of play, and edge them towards having the confidence to play that way next season when (hopefully) someone comes in with that kind of mentality.

Plus it gives us plenty of time to talk with managers with a view to recruiting them for the job, without having a permanent manager already in place.

A bit of a pipe dream, and I doubt WBA even want Sam. Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-brushes-boss-everton-14482099

I found this bit particularly interesting -  

I'd be sixth?! 

I absolutely hate this man. I never thought I could hate the man in charge of the football club I love but there you go.

Absolutely disgraceful. 

It shows the measure of the man that he would have looked this up before coming into the game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I was thinking about this when I heard the news on TalkSport.

If WBA wanted Sam, and Everton have plans in place to get rid in the Summer, would it be that bad of an idea to allow him to leave now and let Rhino take the ropes until the end of the season as an interim manager? Not to see how he performs in order to contend for the job in the summer, just to see it out so the fans can (hopefully) be a little happier. He could start putting in place a more offensive and possession based style of play, and edge them towards having the confidence to play that way next season when (hopefully) someone comes in with that kind of mentality.

Plus it gives us plenty of time to talk with managers with a view to recruiting them for the job, without having a permanent manager already in place.

A bit of a pipe dream, and I doubt WBA even want Sam. Just a thought.

He's not being mentioned as far as I can see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:


To be fair he is entire managerial philosophy is based around stats so I don’t see how it’s disgraceful in the slightest that he would know that


 

He researched that in readiness to deflect the criticism he knew would be coming his way if we got a pasting.

He will never hold his hands up and except any responsibility for the team's performance, to forward plan your defence if things go wrong shows the complete disregard he has for everyone associated with the club, he cares only about himself and fuck everyone else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He researched that in readiness to deflect the criticism he knew would be coming his way if we got a pasting.
He will never hold his hands up and except any responsibility for the team's performance, to forward plan your defence if things go wrong shows the complete disregard he has for everyone associated with the club, he cares only about himself and fuck everyone else.
 

I want Allardyce gone just as much as you but that is bollocks , he will not have had to do any research whatsoever .
He will have all the stats at his disposal anyway, he will know how much grass every single player covered, how many tackles each player made , how many dribbles they made
I agree he doesn’t hold his hands up and deflects criticism but you are barking up the wrong tree here



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:


I want Allardyce gone just as much as you but that is bollocks , he will not have had to do any research whatsoever .
He will have all the stats at his disposal anyway, he will know how much grass every single player covered, how many tackles each player made , how many dribbles they made
I agree he doesn’t hold his hands up and deflects criticism but you are barking up the wrong tree here


 

I don't think he does that anymore.  He switches his laptop on and indtead of looking at opta he looks at things like:-

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/kfc-now-selling-family-size-947102

......

Seriously though....  the Everton fans have taken a right chunk out of his ego. He had west ham fans doing it so he took the opportunity of being scornful to them because he brought them up. 

With us... he is desperate for us to be a small time "wannabe" club.  The reality is far different.  We are a big club who have had a pretty shit time but the fans will not tolerate anyone trying to talk us down. With Liverpool doing so well it's a very dangerous game to play..... so what does he do????

He has JUST come out and said he is going to watch Liverpool vs Man city and it's a pity that it isnt the final..... FUCK OFF YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER PRICK.  

See what he is doing??? Basically saying that our neighbours are up there with city.... and essentially preparing us for a good hiding.  We know Liverpool are a good side..... we also know that man city are clearly the best premier league side for a good few years bar 1 or 2 in the history of the prem. But he is running our noses in it.  Cant stand him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:


To be fair he is entire managerial philosophy is based around stats so I don’t see how it’s disgraceful in the slightest that he would know that


 

 

17 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:


I want Allardyce gone just as much as you but that is bollocks , he will not have had to do any research whatsoever .
He will have all the stats at his disposal anyway, he will know how much grass every single player covered, how many tackles each player made , how many dribbles they made
I agree he doesn’t hold his hands up and deflects criticism but you are barking up the wrong tree here


 

Stats about player performance and stats about himself are two completely different things. 

The stats on players will be pulled by his statisticians and all of the data analysts at the club to get an edge on performance. 

He is pulling stats like that to fill his own ego. He shows that he cares only about himself and not the club. He shows that it' his performance he cares about not Everton' with BS like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stats about player performance and stats about himself are two completely different things. 
The stats on players will be pulled by his statisticians and all of the data analysts at the club to get an edge on performance. 
He is pulling stats like that to fill his own ego. He shows that he cares only about himself and not the club. He shows that it' his performance he cares about not Everton' with BS like that. 

But they aren’t stats about himself they are stats about the teams performance


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:


But they aren’t stats about himself they are stats about the teams performance

 

He makes the positive stats regarding the team "about him" and detaches responsibility from negative team stats that could be attributed to him. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think it’s a stop gap, he knows he is here until we get the right man long term. If we don’t in the summer I think he will stay. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he is coasting. Fonseca is the man and hopefully we can get some of these free signings that can offset the money blown in summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:


But they aren’t stats about himself they are stats about the teams performance

 

But he makes it about him and not the team. He says I, not Everton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hafnia said:

He makes the positive stats regarding the team "about him" and detaches responsibility from negative team stats that could be attributed to him. 

 

 

Perfectly put nail on the head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

 

 Ladies and gentleman, this is the barometer of success for chippy tits.

 

 

 The doubters are everywhere, you fucking melt.

While he certainly is underestimating the disdain towards him, I will say that journos and Evertonians on social media are for the whole, a bunch of morons. 

When I look at what football fans post on Twitter, I want to vomit. So much cringeworthy and asinine interpretations of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×