IGNORED

Axel Witsel

Honestly, not much at all. They were predicting the sky collapsing and all kinds. Thermo nuclear war, the works.

You never know, Everton might win the Premier League haha.

Never saw them predict that.

Just saw them predict business leaving. The banks collapsing and economy diving.....

And fact is.... They were right so far.

Credit rating has hit zero, banks have stopped lending and businesses are moving.....rocket science it's not.

But does this explain prices rising? Or is it just a knee jerk reaction?

Or maybe it's simply the TV money?

Edited by Shukes

Can't build entirely around youth or you end up with our squad the last two years, relying entirely on the likes of Ross, Lukaku and Geri for pretty much all of our production. That said, I'm pretty underwhelmed with the links so far as well,

Have to say that I'm completely underwhelmed with the names being mentioned so far. What ever happened to our strategy of building a team around young talent? We're shooting for players past their prime, and that's a total waste of time.

http://www.squawka.com/news/everton-agree-30m-deal-for-belgium-star-axel-witsel/713098

You have to be shitting me?? £100,000 a week?? Ffs, is this going to be Koeman's MO, throw cash around at high-profile players who, when you look at it closely, haven't achieved much in their careers and have question marks over their character?

Will be very, very annoyed if this is true. I'd rather have Joe Allen.

http://www.squawka.com/news/everton-agree-30m-deal-for-belgium-star-axel-witsel/713098

You have to be shitting me?? £100,000 a week?? Ffs, is this going to be Koeman's MO, throw cash around at high-profile players who, when you look at it closely, haven't achieved much in their careers and have question marks over their character?

Will be very, very annoyed if this is true. I'd rather have Joe Allen.

Let's just for one minute realise that, although there is interest there and as Witsel's dad Confirmed this morning, these figures are all just paper talk.

More to the point, I don't know what us fans are expecting? Who do you want to sign? Messi or Ronaldo? He's a big name with quality and that's what we need, a signing to show people we are serious, however it HAS to be a realistic one. Not a lot of players will want to join Everton. I'd put money on him joining Napoli, although I very much doubt it'd be for 30 million.

Looking at him he seems to be a Belgian James Mccarthy. £30m is too much for that type of player; we have too many of them - yeah 95% pass completion but we need that Gerrard type player.

I'd like to see what Koeman could do with Basically.

Edited by Hafnia

£30m and £100k per week is just market rate. Everything has gone up in price for Prem teams now. That's just how it is. Average players will be getting £100k from now on.

Sadly true, Talksport had a financial sports boffin on last week (anyone could tell you that like) saying in the next five years we'll likely see the first £1m per week player due to the mass influx of money these days into the game

Not Witsels biggest fan tbh I'd rather look at other options, I'm not sure they'd be willing to let both go but I'd rather put that money towards Mata and Schneiderlin

Edited by EFC-Paul

Sadly true, Talksport had a financial sports boffin on last week (anyone could tell you that like) saying in the next five years we'll likely see the first £1m per week player due to the mass influx of money these days into the game

When the inevitable happens I think I'll be done with football.... At least until my son signs his £2,000,000 a week contract!