IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Well, I said all along he'd be welcome here at the right price. I thought 15mill was the right price, upto 20 mill even. As did most I think.

When I first heard tonight that he was coming for 24 mill, I thought 'ok, fair enough' and felt quite excited actually.

28 mill was a bit of a shock at first bit I guess it reflects the modern market. When you look at prices for Shaw, Lallana, Luiz etc. I guess it's right.

Now I hope he can feel settled, feel at home. Not have to worry about being loaned out to a new club, new area etc. I really hope, and believe, this will unleash a better player. He comes across real well. Glad he is here now (but what we going to talk about now?!)

As for Chelsea...what a way to make money! Buy a prospect for 18 mill. Loam him out, get some loan fee's...then sell on for a big profit! Mercenaries!!!

great news, was so good to hear that Everton has been pretty much his choice destination since the end of last season. By the grin on Martinez and Lukaku's face when asked did he think he would be coming back said a lot. That also says a lot about how the club as now perceived by the games top youngsters.

Cheslea drove a hard bargain to get £28M quid out of us, but he is such a hot prospect at only 21 and already a proven premiership goal scorer. Its easy to forget how young he really is. We could have 5-6 seasons out of him and easily be looking at recouping at least the same money possibly a lot more. A good calculated investment

This sort of signing must also go a long way to persuading the likes of Coleman, Barkley, Stones, McCarthy etc to be signing contract extensions rather than be asking for transfer requests, and it also makes other hot young prospects want to sign for us as a club of choice. £28M is a lot - but as a statement of intent it may provide hidden value that is actually difficult to put a figure too over the coming years.

Last summer our biggest transfer talking points were Fellini or Baines going - I don't see any player wanting to leave this club this summer, in fact I would say the opposite.

Someone pointed out.

Straight Swap - Fellaini Sold, Rom bought.

Right now, who would you rather have?

All day! Let's all say thanks to Davey Moyes for making this happen.

In all seriousness, the £28m will be the max in the deal if we do well. In which case we'll all be happy.

Fucking made up right now

Newty - what we're going to talk about now is who are three loans are going to be to piss off the rest of the league :P.

Yeeeeeeeeessssssss! Get in there Romey Laaaaa!

Get them top class loans in...loved the hypocrisy of that from others last season.

Really would like to bring in Traore on loan given that he's probably available and familiar with the club... Also, would be interesting to see if Deulofeu is told that he won't feature much for Barca (a possibility still) and maybe we could nab him on loan again come late August.

Was it just a rumor then that it would only be £5 million up front, with the rest paid out over the years?

Nobody knows to be honest. Pretty sure we won't have written out a cheque (that's how it's spelt btw :P) for £28m, it'll be phased payments; but the exact details we'll never know.

Firstly gotta say I'm very pleased (and surprised) that this happened and we managed to get Rom back permanent,

I think we've ended up overpaying a bit but then eh Chelsea were never gonna let us have him on the cheap and thats

the way the transfer market is these days and if Calum Chambers is worth £16m, Lallana £25m and Lovren £20m then

doesnt sound so bad!,

I'm just shocked that we spent over £20 million on one player, not used to us spending that over both transfer windows!

My only concern now is I felt last season we were a striker short, especially if injuries occur, so with the extra games of Europa

and as we didnt technically add to last seasons squad today, imo we definitely need at least one more face in that position

ready to compete for first team, keep hearing about maybe Traore back on loan but heard nothing more on that of late,

I really hope there's a couple more coming in anyway!

By the way what happened to the younger Belgian lad we were being linked with, plenty on Twitter earlier expecting him to get

unveiled as well tonight, I know thats not really anything to go by but just wondered.

I've said this before, but in theory I think we are going to be a lot stronger in the squad.

Besic is technically the only new body in, but we get Lukaku for at least and additional 5 games compared to last season. Gibson, Kone, Pienaar, Oviedo should all be back in the fold sooner rather than later, and I'm assuming that some of the youngsters will make good also. Garbutt in particular has looked pretty good during preseason.

Edited by doc_bump

Absolutely made up about this. One of the top, if not the top, young striker in Europe. I know he has things to work on, particularly his touch and keeping his head when things arent going his way, but he's only 21, so they will come.

Fee is a lot but assuming its paid over a decent length of time thats not too bad. Also, its basically the Fellaini money, and when the transfer fees and wages for Jelavic, Heitinga and Anichebe would be to sit on the bench, then we are still probably better off than last season.

As was said by a few earlier though, we know have a core of top young players at the club, so lets keep them together, progressing and we will be some force