IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

We need a good finish to the season, sixth or better ideally, and a summer of bringing in a few really top drawer players. Then we have a chance of keeping hold of him. A stadium announcement would also show him we mean business!

When I first read this I thought how the fuck would an announcement over the tannoy at a game get him to stay :lol:.

Was looking today and around 25% of his goals, scored with his feet, are with his weak foot.

A lot better than aguero, kane, Costa and ibra for their respective weak foot. A hell of a lot better at that no body comes close.

Add Ronaldo and Messi to that list; I posted the full stats a while ago when he was accused of being one footed. He also has a better ratio of headed goals than all but Ronaldo I think from memory.

Thought he signed a new contract, he said he would stay for one season to see how things went.

Personally I think he stayed because nobody came in for him, I'm happy with that.

I'm pretty sure Conte wanted him @ Chelsea except they wouldn't pay our price and settled on Batshuayi... there was articles and news going around that Conte wasn't happy with their transfer policy.... don't forget he walked away from Juve because of stuff like that.... That stuff gets forgotten now that they're walking the league but considering he hardly plays Batshuayi and their was rumors of him being sent to Swansea on loan in exchange for Llorente.....

If Costa pisses off I'm sure Chelsea will go hard for either Lukaku or Morata.... Lukaku's clearly the superior option... heck could even see Lukaku going to Real while Morata goes to Chelsea or Arsenal...

Edited by Westlo

I'm pretty sure Conte wanted him @ Chelsea except they wouldn't pay our price and settled on Batshuayi... there was articles and news going around that Conte wasn't happy with their transfer policy.... don't forget he walked away from Juve because of stuff like that.... That stuff gets forgotten now that they're walking the league but considering he hardly plays Batshuayi and their was rumors of him being sent to Swansea on loan in exchange for Llorente.....

If Costa pisses off I'm sure Chelsea will go hard for either Lukaku or Morata.... Lukaku's clearly the superior option... heck could even see Lukaku going to Real while Morata goes to Chelsea or Arsenal...

"Chelsea plan to move again for Romelu Lukaku and Joao Cancelo as part of an aggressive close-season recruitment drive."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-chelsea-plan-summer-spending-spree-with-romelu-lukaku-and-joao-cancelo-on-the-radar-143512509.html

Conte doesn't seem to like Batshuayi (who towards the end under Wilmots was actually starting for Belgium, rather than Rom).

I'd take 50m + Batshuayi.