IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

It makes sense for this contract to be signed with a £70m + buyout beginning summer 2018. We don't look likely to sell this summer so there's not a lot he can do and he's not going to waste a year on whatever he is at the mo when there's £140k or whatever on offer in this new contract. With an acceptable release clause (for all parties) we protect our investment. Replacing him is not a job for this summer - we need him and Barkley signed up to make the likes of Keane, etc. think this is an exciting project to be part of.

Exactly... everyone ignores context in this thread!

Going back to his interview today, I thought it sounded as if he will sign a new deal.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking along those lines.

His words were that he wanted to help Everton and his country.

I don't see what regular team in the CL does Lukaku actually think he is going to get in the starting lineup for? if you look at the teams in this country, he's not going to sign for Man City, Arsenal have no ambition whatsoever, He won't get ahead of Kane at Spurs, He doesn't get on with Jose so won't go to Man U, he could go to Chelsea but he is not going to get in the team ahead of Costa. None of the Spanish teams are going to buy him because they have better already, Bayern don't need him, Dortmund don't buy big players they develop their own, the only place i can possibly see him getting in the team is PSG and the French league is a massive drop down from the Premier.

That's just a reworking of the interview posted earlier isn't it?

Anyway, "...he’s already decided to quit the club in the summer transfer window."

Why do papers print such crap? He's under contract for another two years, I know keeping him if he wants to leave is probably unwise but the fact of the matter is that the decision on whether he goes will be 100% Everton's, it's not his decision to make.

Just had a poor first half against sub par Greek defenders; constantly offside because he didn't hustle back in time from previous attack. Hate it when he's like that.

Seen a bit of it. He really doesn't do himself any favours whatsoever when he's like this. And so e people think he would play well if he was held to his contract?

and then he pops up with a brilliant goal .. just about sums him up I guess.

That's part of his game that has changed!

It used to be that you knew that if he couldn't be arsed, you might as well have 10 men.

Now, when he can't get his head into a game, you still feel he might score!!!

Rumours he will be signing a new 5 year contract.

I think I'll hold off having a chuckle at those absolutely convinced he wouldn't be until it's more than a rumour though, because we've heard that before!

where is this coming from mark? Hope its true!

I don't think he'll sign personally. He said in an interview the decisions already made and he wants to win titles and be sucessful and if that makes him a bad person then it shouldn't as he's ambitious.

Just because he signs a new contract doesn't mean he will stay.

What if the new offer is 140k/week and a 65m buy-out? He would most likely sign but still with the intent to leave.

Just because he signs a new contract doesn't mean he will stay.

What if the new offer is 140k/week and a 65m buy-out? He would most likely sign but still with the intent to leave.

Gives us the insurance of getting £65m for longer doesn't it. Come next summer he's got 12 months left on his contract and wont go for £65m but considerably less.