IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

If he carried on playing with the attitude he was at the end of winter then he will have got his move.

He came out a questioned the ambition of the club whilst stating he wasn't signing the contract. He then had the game against hull and got a couple of late goals to dust over an otherwise meh performance. In the following 9 games he only scored in 3 of them...

His performances in nearly all of them was piss poor.

It's happened nearly every year he's been here. He stops playing after Feb.

Ye I was more looking at his comments on SSP when asked about where he will be going.

He said it doesn't feel right to be talking about wanting to join other clubs when he has only just left Sunderland.

Thought it was very mature and fair form Defoe.

I would be tempted but a 3 year deal of approx £150k a week is ridiculous.

I love the lad as a finisher - top notch. But he is on the very edge of his playing powers.

I think he's improving. He's 23, shouldn't be on the edge of his playing career. If I've read what youre saying correctly?

So he basically confirmed what we already know - If someone bids £100m they can have him. However that little bit of "we will sit down and talk" regarding the price tag means there will be a kick off at some point this summer.

i think that just means if someone bids 70m+ we will talk with everton about making it happen. at least that's how i took it. agree with the rest of your post though.

costa has said no to china he wants atletico or to stay, so this hinges on that i believe.

You know I was messing right?

You don't think Messi is a realistic target? Lol

I was half serious half joking. You know some poster will say we should be signing the likes of griez and lacazette and mbappe and actually think we have a chance. Transfer season makes everyone crazy

Edited by markjazzbassist

I would rather have Rom than Lacazette. In the French league, Rom would have scored just as much for Lyon, if not more.

Keep Rom this summer; focus on making sure Everton is competitive for CL next season; based on a successful 2017-20218 season, attract bigger names in summer 2018 and Rom will happily sign a new contract with one year remaining on his current deal.

I would rather have Rom than Lacazette. In the French league, Rom would have scored just as much for Lyon, if not more.

Keep Rom this summer; focus on making sure Everton is competitive for CL next season; based on a successful 2017-20218 season, attract bigger names in summer 2018 and Rom will happily sign a new contract with one year remaining on his current deal.

for me replacing Rom is about getting a balanced forward not just a finisher.

I would hazard a guess that we as a team would score more and retain the ball better with lacazette.

I doubt anyone on here thinks we have any chance of signing those you mention Mark.

Now come on Paddy. These are football fans we are talking about. The most irrational species to walk the planet.

We all know there are people out there who expect us to challenge for many top players. The tones have been there since Moshiri came on board.

I know, nut jobs.

But Lacazette is an 87 on Fifa....

I doubt anyone on here thinks we have any chance of signing those you mention Mark.

Pad we have some fickle fans. Just wait, someone will blow their lid we didn't make a statement signing and spend 100m on bale or something. It will come, just too early yet. People thought we could land James last year or the year before, remember that.