IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

So again the answer is no.

The most he scored a season was 7 and that was in league 1.

What answer is no? He scored 5 goals in 26 games for CP the year before he joined us (in the EPL). He could score 7 or 8 for us in a season potentially? The answer is yes read the full conversation before you post a reply.

What answer is no? He scored 5 goals in 26 games for CP the year before he joined us (in the EPL). He could score 7 or 8 for us in a season potentially? The answer is yes read the full conversation before you post a reply.

I have read the conversation in full. Has Bolasie ever scored 7 or 8 in a season... not a hyperthetically if this and if that.

How do these fuckers agree terms without us agreeing a fee or whatever?

Or maybe we have agreed a fee and it's all hush hush...although with Lukaku, nothing is hush hush.

Ask Juve how Man City and Alves had already agreed to a two year deal, this shit happens a lot.

Heck ask Klopp about that 5 year contract for Virgil they agreed on before they even approached Southhampton...

Edited by Westlo

You are still allowed to speak with, and agreebterms and contracts with players before 1st July.

It's just legally their previous contract cannot be ended until then.

Again before I get shot down.... this is NOT my opinion and I cannot legally be bound by it. It's just what the rules say.

I also read that before that date, the club that holds the previous contract is able to change their mind and pull out of the deal. Not sure if this is in any way true.

Seems like clubs could decide to sell to another higher bidder?

Maybe this is why we have so many late deals. No idea!

Ask Juve how Man City and Alves had already agreed to a two year deal, this shit happens a lot.

Heck ask Klopp about that 5 year contract for Virgil they agreed on before they even approached Southhampton...

Can you ask them for me?

Thanks.

You are still allowed to speak with, and agreebterms and contracts with players before 1st July.

It's just legally their previous contract cannot be ended until then.

Again before I get shot down.... this is NOT my opinion and I cannot legally be bound by it. It's just what the rules say.

I also read that before that date, the club that holds the previous contract is able to change their mind and pull out of the deal. Not sure if this is in any way true.

Seems like clubs could decide to sell to another higher bidder?

Maybe this is why we have so many late deals. No idea!

....but not without the parent club giving permission first...which is usually done after agreeing a fee or something.

But as (insert name from a couple of posts up) alludes to, it seems to happen a lot.

It can't be easy living in the spotlight, especially when journos are looking for absolutely anything that might fit with their narrative. Rom plays a 5-a-side game in Los Angeles, and now hundreds of press reports note that the pitch is "Chelsea branded."

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3147918/romelu-lukaku-plays-on-chelsea-branded-pitch-sends-everton-fans-mad

It can't be easy living in the spotlight, especially when journos are looking for absolutely anything that might fit with their narrative. Rom plays a 5-a-side game in Los Angeles, and now hundreds of press reports note that the pitch is "Chelsea branded."

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3147918/romelu-lukaku-plays-on-chelsea-branded-pitch-sends-everton-fans-mad

Pleased to see him keeping in shape and working on his first touch even when on holiday :P.

Guy is just dumb that's all. Doesn't mean he wants to leave.

He's just not smart enough to realise how his comments come across to a lot of fans. Much like a lot of Everton fans.

The guy is a good footballer, just not a lot between the ears. Much like our own Ross, who to be fair comes across a bit smarter and diplomatic.

I don't think he's dumb he speaks five languages. I just think he thinks he can do what he wants. I think there's a certain arrogance to him. He thinks he is a lot better than he is. Hence nobody battering the door down to sign him.

You said it much better than I could ever haha.