IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

Ok I'll come clean here. I have slated the lad a lot but I wouldn't want to see him go for £1m. He's still an option and can be creative from the bench (only the bench). He has to be worth at least £3m

I'm with you on this. His contract runs until June 2018. He's worth more than £1m to us.

You need bench warmers though. Otherwise you come unstuck when players get injured plus he'll need to be replaced by another bench warmer. He's ok as someone who can fill in when needed or for a 10 minute cameo. £1m is far too cheap and we'd have made a loss on that in just over 18 months. He's worth £3m all day long and I'm sure he'd do a lot better in Scotland

You need bench warmers though. Otherwise you come unstuck when players get injured plus he'll need to be replaced by another bench warmer. He's ok as someone who can fill in when needed or for a 10 minute cameo. £1m is far too cheap and we'd have made a loss on that in just over 18 months. He's worth £3m all day long and I'm sure he'd do a lot better in Scotland

osman, pienaar, oviedo, naisy, kone. 5 players that are bench players that could take that position. don't need him mate.

osman, pienaar, oviedo, naisy, kone. 5 players that are bench players that could take that position. don't need him mate.

the only one of those players who is a winger is Pienaar, and he's been having near-constant fitness issues for two years. I'm sorry, but we need a squad of more than 16 players. As for McGeady, I would absolutely sell him as long as we have plans to bring in another winger, even if it's another guy who is certain not to be a first eleven regular. McGeady just hasn't worked out. He has all the tricks and ability to be a top player, but he is just mentally too slow for the pace of the Premiership. He's a guy who can be an ace in a lesser/slower paced league, hell, I'd even see him doing well in Spain, but not in the Premiership. He's the winger version of Bilyaletdinov: Great tools/skills, but not physical enough or mentally quick enough for this league

the only one of those players who is a winger is Pienaar, and he's been having near-constant fitness issues for two years. I'm sorry, but we need a squad of more than 16 players. As for McGeady, I would absolutely sell him as long as we have plans to bring in another winger, even if it's another guy who is certain not to be a first eleven regular. McGeady just hasn't worked out. He has all the tricks and ability to be a top player, but he is just mentally too slow for the pace of the Premiership. He's a guy who can be an ace in a lesser/slower paced league, hell, I'd even see him doing well in Spain, but not in the Premiership. He's the winger version of Bilyaletdinov: Great tools/skills, but not physical enough or mentally quick enough for this league

osman was used on the wing exclusively last year, oviedo played midfield as well. both are able to do a better job than mcgeady regardless of position listed on the website.

As Ten would say; BOOM, motherfucker.

You can't let a player go and then just use what we already have to fill in. Our squad is pretty woeful after the first 11 as is. McGeady hasn't been great but that doesn't mean you don't need to replace him!

osman was used on the wing exclusively last year, oviedo played midfield as well. both are able to do a better job than mcgeady regardless of position listed on the website.

Neither Oviedo nor Osman are particularly threatening on the wing, in my opinion, regardless of whether the manager has chosen to play them there in the past. Gareth Barry has filled in at leftback for us, but it doesn't mean I'd want to see him there except for in an emergency.

As Ten would say; BOOM, motherfucker.

You can't let a player go and then just use what we already have to fill in. Our squad is pretty woeful after the first 11 as is. McGeady hasn't been great but that doesn't mean you don't need to replace him!

yes you can mother fucker!! that squad was for europa so we had extra bodies, won't need them this year, so losing 1 player won't kill us amigo. especially when it's a guy who was a healthy scratch for half the season.

Neither Oviedo nor Osman are particularly threatening on the wing, in my opinion, regardless of whether the manager has chosen to play them there in the past. Gareth Barry has filled in at leftback for us, but it doesn't mean I'd want to see him there except for in an emergency.

not sure which everton you watch, osman is a solid bench player who doesn't get his due. his trickery, footwork, and quick shot are great assets. 20 apps 2 goals, mcgeady 16 apps 1 goal. not to mention he links up well with baines. not sure where you'd rather play him, he's not a 10 and wasn't great in central midfield with moyes. i don't need oviedo to be threatening, mcgeady isn't threatening so why does his replacement have to be? he defends and works his ass off, like a poor man's lennon, puts in a good cross.

to each his own but it's hilarious romey and the like slate mcgeady year round and he might leave and they get all teary eyed.

Edited by markjazzbassist

yes you can mother fucker!! that squad was for europa so we had extra bodies, won't need them this year, so losing 1 player won't kill us amigo. especially when it's a guy who was a healthy scratch for half the season.

not sure which everton you watch, osman is a solid bench player who doesn't get his due. his trickery, footwork, and quick shot are great assets. 20 apps 2 goals, mcgeady 16 apps 1 goal. not to mention he links up well with baines. not sure where you'd rather play him, he's not a 10 and wasn't great in central midfield with moyes. i don't need oviedo to be threatening, mcgeady isn't threatening so why does his replacement have to be? he defends and works his ass off, like a poor man's lennon, puts in a good cross.

to each his own but it's hilarious romey and the like slate mcgeady year round and he might leave and they get all teary eyed.

Osman is a player who is at his best when in the center of the park. Also, like Pienaar, he has had questionable fitness recently and is getting on in age, though he is certainly still effective when healthy.

If worst comes to worst, I'm sure we can recall Joe Yobo from his perpetual loan spell in Turkey and stick him on the wing. Wait, what? We finally sold Yobo?

Osman is a player who is at his best when in the center of the park. Also, like Pienaar, he has had questionable fitness recently and is getting on in age, though he is certainly still effective when healthy.

If worst comes to worst, I'm sure we can recall Joe Yobo from his perpetual loan spell in Turkey and stick him on the wing. Wait, what? We finally sold Yobo?

lol we still have francisco junior on the books

What's hilarious is your shit memory. I haven't slated McGeady, I'm one of the ones that has backed him despite him not showing much at all.

I've even said sell him, you idiot, so I'm not sure where you get this teary-eyed nonsense from. He just needs to be replaced with another winger.

My issue is that we would need to replace him in the squad, and £1m isn't going far in the current market. I wouldn't want money from buying a first team player to be less because we've used someone it to buy a squad filler when we already have one here.

My issue is that we would need to replace him in the squad, and £1m isn't going far in the current market. I wouldn't want money from buying a first team player to be less because we've used someone it to buy a squad filler when we already have one here.

Shut up, Steve, we don't need to replace him!

Didn't he make an appearance in one of the last games. And set up a goal.

Yeah, I believe it was our final two games. And he had a really positive effect. I think he's worth more than £1m to us. But, if we have a younger replacement lined up for cheap on better wages, it might be worth letting him go. We've got to get more than £1m though. That's a joke for a proven player who has 3 years on his contract.

There have been a couple of times when he came off the bench and transformed the game. IMO, he doesn't deserve some of the criticism he's getting. I agree with MC (did I really say that?! :) ). He's worth more to Everton than a $1m fee.

(I'm glad you said that so I didn't have to) I agree with Steve.