IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

• 2 months later...

I see he played the first hour for Wednesday today at Brum then got subbed when they were 1-0 down.

They then came back to win 1-2. Coincidence?

And in their last four games he's started three and been hauled off in all three of them, twice at half time. Other game he was an unused sub.

I don't think he's found his level yet, move back to Scotland his best bet?

And in their last four games he's started three and been hauled off in all three of them, twice at half time. Other game he was an unused sub.

I don't think he's found his level yet, move back to Scotland his best bet?

wow mike that's pretty damning. yes i would imagine celtic would be a good move for him. made enough in russia and with us that the pittance they pay him will be icing on the cake.

He just needs a good pre-season. He didn't play through the winter you see like Niasse.

I have to admit to being an early fan of Aiden, he looked pretty OK to start and I thought like many that he needed the summer break and a good pre-season to show his true worth. But it never happened. He got starts and never caught the eye, came on as a sub with the same result......never really fulfilled the promise that everyone thought he had. Scotland? Surely!

Has Martinez made the same mistake with Niasse? Right at this moment I'm inclined to say yes.

He really isn't that good. Full stop.

Talent isn't the problem - far from it. A very talented player who has essentially retired himself and is stealing a living. Even though he was never in peak condition he had uncanny acceleration which belied his bulky frame.

He is proof that talent alone is not good enough for the top level - you need to live the life and apply yourself. A waste, in the same category as Van Der Meyde and Drenthe.

Talent isn't the problem - far from it. A very talented player who has essentially retired himself and is stealing a living. Even though he was never in peak condition he had uncanny acceleration which belied his bulky frame.

He is proof that talent alone is not good enough for the top level - you need to live the life and apply yourself. A waste, in the same category as Van Der Meyde and Drenthe.

Would agree, but I will again say that McGeady has an excellent bag of tricks but not enough vision/mental ability to properly deploy those tricks.

I bought it for my grand kid and all and all six free ones were Aiden.

Got.

Me and my mates decided we would get them, it's been loads of childish fun so far. My mate Mike, now obviously an adult, went into the shop we used to get them from as kids and bought a full box. Thought he was big time, we took them to the pub to open them all.

That boring story is slightly better than Aiden is at footy now.

Would agree, but I will again say that McGeady has an excellent bag of tricks but not enough vision/mental ability to properly deploy those tricks.

I've only ever seen him use 1.

I was hoping he'd come good but he's been a complete let down.

He's absolutely dire...that's all.

He is never a dire footballer - lets get that clear, I save that for players like Robbie Savage, Phil Neville, Jordan Henderson to a degree, he is a waste of talent along with the likes of Lee Sharpe, Kieron Dier, Collymore.

"McGeady is probably the most talented player in Scotland. He is also arguably the most creative, one of the few north of the border who is actually worth the entry fee. On his day, quite simply, he is a joy to watch."

Hartson was a first team regular when McGeady emerged in 2004. “Aiden was as good as any kid I’d seen. He reminded me of when I was at West Ham and Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole used to come over from the youth team whenever we were short of numbers on a Friday. They were as good as any of the first team at 17, 18. Aiden was the same. He was tremendous. There was nothing he couldn’t do.

Wenger is well aware of the threat McGeady will pose.

"He’s a big talent, yes," said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference.

"I have seen part of the game [at Aberdeen] and he had a very good game. We will try to keep him quiet tomorrow. I thought at first he was Scottish but he’s Irish.

"He looks to have all the ingredients [to play in the Premier League].

Messi:-

"Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly," he told the Record Sport.

"We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

"I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.

"He'd be successful anywhere in Europe, but I know he likes playing for Celtic, so I'm not sure he'd leave."

One day he may look back on those comments and feel a little ashamed - especially when player with lesser talent than him go to have great careers.

He is never a dire footballer - lets get that clear, I save that for players like Robbie Savage, Phil Neville, Jordan Henderson to a degree, he is a waste of talent along with the likes of Lee Sharpe, Kieron Dier, Collymore.

"McGeady is probably the most talented player in Scotland. He is also arguably the most creative, one of the few north of the border who is actually worth the entry fee. On his day, quite simply, he is a joy to watch."

Hartson was a first team regular when McGeady emerged in 2004. Aiden was as good as any kid Id seen. He reminded me of when I was at West Ham and Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole used to come over from the youth team whenever we were short of numbers on a Friday. They were as good as any of the first team at 17, 18. Aiden was the same. He was tremendous. There was nothing he couldnt do.

"Hes a big talent, yes," said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference.

"I have seen part of the game [at Aberdeen] and he had a very good game. We will try to keep him quiet tomorrow. I thought at first he was Scottish but hes Irish.

"Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly," he told the Record Sport.

"We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

"I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.

"He'd be successful anywhere in Europe, but I know he likes playing for Celtic, so I'm not sure he'd leave."

One day he may look back on those comments and feel a little ashamed - especially when player with lesser talent than him go to have great careers.

Shukes.... On his day Aiden can be a really excellent player. His speed of thought reminds me of a slug, he has a large box of tricks....just can't find the key, we will have to he careful of him as we may trip over him.

Sadly his day has gone, he is even worse now.

Edited by Shukes

Hartson was a first team regular when McGeady emerged in 2004. “Aiden was as good as any kid I’d seen. He reminded me of when I was at West Ham and Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole used to come over from the youth team whenever we were short of numbers on a Friday. They were as good as any of the first team at 17, 18. Aiden was the same. He was tremendous. There was nothing he couldn’t do.

"He’s a big talent, yes," said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference.

"I have seen part of the game [at Aberdeen] and he had a very good game. We will try to keep him quiet tomorrow. I thought at first he was Scottish but he’s Irish.

.......and James McFadden was the Scottish Rooney!

.......and James McFadden was the Scottish Rooney!

A lad in the year above me at school was an immense talent - signed for Wrexham at 16 and Arsenal bid £1m for him a year or so later which was rejected by Wrexham as they thought his price was going to rocket up more.

Ridiculous ability - in the yard in FA Singles he used to dribble up to the goal past 8-9 players and run backwards and do it again rather than score. Used to score 30 yarders for fun.

Found the girls and the beer and that was that - picked up injuries, lower league career and should have gone on to big things.

A lad in the year above me at school was an immense talent - signed for Wrexham at 16 and Arsenal bid £1m for him a year or so later which was rejected by Wrexham as they thought his price was going to rocket up more.

Ridiculous ability - in the yard in FA Singles he used to dribble up to the goal past 8-9 players and run backwards and do it again rather than score. Used to score 30 yarders for fun.

Found the girls and the beer and that was that - picked up injuries, lower league career and should have gone on to big things.

Name and shame him!!!