IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

See my comment the other day in another thread. Everton has one of the best records in the world for securing value for money in its signings. This is because we're willing to take risks. We can't praise the team's transfer record while also complaining about it when a player doesn't work out.

Did you ever see the episode of Star Trek TNG when Picard played it safe as a young man instead of demonstrating leadership by taking risks? In that alternative life, he remained an ensign. Same thing. Take risks, reap reward, accept that sometimes players won't work out. For every McGeady there's a Lookman.

No no no, there was no unknown about McGeady. He has been a shite player every where he has played. Inconsistent, erratic and never good enough for the Premier League.

Lookman was a risk because he was young and had potential. McGeady had peaked, in his prime and still not good enough.

Add Lukaku, and it's five first team players. I would say that's pretty good - certainly on a par with Moyes and Koeman. The fact is, though, that Everton as a team has a strategy for bringing in players, regardless of manager, and it's the right one.

Nah.

If someone was mad enough to have played Cleverly, Niasse, Alcaraz, McGeady, and Kone does that make them successful for being first team players? Par with Koeman and Moyes?

s-l300.jpg

I loved Straq, he loved playing for us and always gave 100% but in terms of quality he was a little er lacking.

He's still making the headlines I see

He joined Columbian Liga Águila side Santa Fe (football). On the 11th January 2017, he made his debut in a 1-0 away win against Envigado F.C.. The fixture was the first of the season and Denis scored the only goal (on his debut) after 52 minutes, however in the 81st minute the Argentine saw red for punching someone.

He joined Columbian Liga Águila side Santa Fe (football). On the 11th January 2017, he made his debut in a 1-0 away win against Envigado F.C.. The fixture was the first of the season and Denis scored the only goal (on his debut) after 52 minutes, however in the 81st minute the Argentine saw red for punching someone.

LOL wow love that guy

Bloke was probably dissing Everton :lol:.

Moyes didn't have a pot to piss in that season. That's why we ended up with Drenthe and Straq. Forced signings rather than of Moyes choice IMO.

Indeed, and Kroldrup was pushed out quickly, Bilyaletdinov scored and we recouped like Kroldrup and the other thre mentioned were gambles for small fees. Moyes did sign a few pups, but that was over 10 seasons and frequently made money on his transfers, the throbbing lefty (not MC) attempting to compare clown shoes with Moyes over transfers is on a piss take.

Indeed, and Kroldrup was pushed out quickly, Bilyaletdinov scored and we recouped like Kroldrup and the other thre mentioned were gambles for small fees. Moyes did sign a few pups, but that was over 10 seasons and frequently made money on his transfers, the throbbing lefty (not MC) attempting to compare clown shoes with Moyes over transfers is on a piss take.

Overall I agree Moyes worked wonders with the little budget he had, but he did sign some right old clangers.

We lost £1.8 million on Kroldrup who just was not suited to the Premier League and I think had some MH issues, Bilyaletdinov scored 8 goals and created an amazing 4 assists in 59 appearances he cost us about £10 million and according to the BBC we got about £5 million back for him.

The point I was making is that most managers have a mixed transfer record. Martinez did sign some good players.

Not really sure what a "throbbing lefty" is, perhaps you could ask a grown up to help you express yourself with a little more clarity next time.

Moyes was very shrewd in the transfer market, bought cheaply and sold expensively, to achieve what he did for this club on nearly the smallest budget of any club in the league for nearby all is tenure is remarkable.

Martinez did by a few decent players in McCarthy, Delli, Mori and Lukaku, maybe 1-2 aren't for Koeman but if they were all sold they would turn a massive profit to more than offset any losses elsewhere.

Moyes was very shrewd in the transfer market, bought cheaply and sold expensively, to achieve what he did for this club on nearly the smallest budget of any club in the league for nearby all is tenure is remarkable.

Martinez did by a few decent players in McCarthy, Delli, Mori and Lukaku, maybe 1-2 aren't for Koeman but if they were all sold they would turn a massive profit to more than offset any losses elsewhere.

McCarthy was signed for a significant amount of money, the same fee as Fellaini..... I'll give some begrudging acknowledgement for picking up Deulofeu from Barca, Mori aint the finished article just yet, and a drunken stevie wonder could've seen Lukaku was an instant success, so theres no miracle being called on that particular signing. That the side played so badly so often and defence was totally disregarded coupled with how he fell out with certain players (Distin) (cited because Koeman has been criticised for his attitude towards some players, so fairs fair) just in total stinks of shambles.

I didn't like Everton being a shambles, being run further into the ground by a too proud imbicile on a massive lying power trip. To see the hard work Moyes had done for Everton over the years pulling us back from the brink of relegation into regular top 6 trophy challengers undone at the immediate behest of a moron simply didn't and doesn't sit right.

The support wised up eventually, hopefully if any future conman gets to pilot the good ship Everton like a pissed up mongoose the support call him out much much sooner before the kind of harm we were forced to witness over and over with fraudo can be unleashed again, then spend time recovering from.

McCarthy was signed for a significant amount of money, the same fee as Fellaini..... I'll give some begrudging acknowledgement for picking up Deulofeu from Barca, Mori aint the finished article just yet, and a drunken stevie wonder could've seen Lukaku was an instant success, so theres no miracle being called on that particular signing. That the side played so badly so often and defence was totally disregarded coupled with how he fell out with certain players (Distin) (cited because Koeman has been criticised for his attitude towards some players, so fairs fair) just in total stinks of shambles.

I didn't like Everton being a shambles, being run further into the ground by a too proud imbicile on a massive lying power trip. To see the hard work Moyes had done for Everton over the years pulling us back from the brink of relegation into regular top 6 trophy challengers undone at the immediate behest of a moron simply didn't and doesn't sit right.

The support wised up eventually, hopefully if any future conman gets to pilot the good ship Everton like a pissed up mongoose the support call him out much much sooner before the kind of harm we were forced to witness over and over with fraudo can be unleashed again, then spend time recovering from.

Feel the hate.

Feel the hate.

The venom is unbelievable.

There's nothing shy about Shy Talk.

And Shy for got to mention Besic he was a another good signing by Martinez, just unfortunate he suffered a bad injury, but when he recovers hopefully he can prove himself and he is a Koeman type of player, fingers crossed for the lad.

So calm down it wasn't all bad.

I agree with all of this Martinez was a Charlatan.

Edited by MC11

All managers will have good and bad buys in the transfer market, I think Martinez signed some good footballers, just all not suited to the premier league and also many had injury issues.

Kone was unlucky with injuries, he seemed to rush too many back from injury like McCarthy and not give them time to heal properly. Besic probably the same, hopefully he will be allowed to get over his issues and show the promise he has.

In 10 years Moyes didn't find a top class finisher, a winger better than Kilbane, or replaced Martyn, and he sold the best youth prospect in the world on the cheap because he mismanaged him. Yes he done well with a small transfer budget, but that was because he chose to use the budget on wages of which he was the top earner.

He never wanted Stones and Martinez turned him into a £40m asset. Likewise he swerved a £35m world cup winner, letting him leave for a nominal amount. Dier isn't too shabby either. No defender would have been brought through if it wasn't got injuries, and I'd bet that Coleman would be playing in the Championship.

In 10 years Moyes didn't find a top class finisher, a winger better than Kilbane, or replaced Martyn, and he sold the best youth prospect in the world on the cheap because he mismanaged him. Yes he done well with a small transfer budget, but that was because he chose to use the budget on wages of which he was the top earner.

He never wanted Stones and Martinez turned him into a £40m asset. Likewise he swerved a £35m world cup winner, letting him leave for a nominal amount. Dier isn't too shabby either. No defender would have been brought through if it wasn't got injuries, and I'd bet that Coleman would be playing in the Championship.

top class finisher, Yakubu was as close as we'd seen for a long time, and if fraudo gets a pass due to injuries then the Yak achiles injury is excuse fodder for Moyes in the same vein.

better winger than Kilbane, there was this little south african player that lit Goodison up almost every week when playing in front of Baines.....remember (although a true ACM his exploits on the wing outshone supposed wingers...)

replaced Marytn, who signed him? and didnt he finish due to injury! (duuuhhh brain!)

wasnt the best youth prospect in the world sold for a record fee for a teenager at the time and certainly in terms of the then premier league?

he never wanted stones, yet signed him. Good un!

remember letting Dacourt go? he has a world cup winners medal too, and Materazzi was the world cup winning captain for Italy.... remember!

Coleman plays in the premier league, not the championship, was signed by Moyes and is now captain for his country. Remember!

Hilarious revisionism. The delusion is strong with this amoeba.

top class finisher, Yakubu was as close as we'd seen for a long time, and if fraudo gets a pass due to injuries then the Yak achiles injury is excuse fodder for Moyes in the same vein.

better winger than Kilbane, there was this little south african player that lit Goodison up almost every week when playing in front of Baines.....remember (although a true ACM his exploits on the wing outshone supposed wingers...)

replaced Marytn, who signed him? and didnt he finish due to injury! (duuuhhh brain!)

wasnt the best youth prospect in the world sold for a record fee for a teenager at the time and certainly in terms of the then premier league?

remember letting Dacourt go? he has a world cup winners medal too, and Materazzi was the world cup winning captain for Italy.... remember!

Coleman plays in the premier league, not the championship, was signed by Moyes and is now captain for his country. Remember!

Hilarious revisionism. The delusion is strong with this amoeba.

Both before Moyes? Dacourt wanted to leave, Materazzi's missus wanted to leave, we needed the money as we didn't have a pot to piss in back then. Your obsession with telling us how bad Martinez is has gone beyond boring, give the hate a rest mate, it will do you the world of good.

Feel the delusion.

I'm curious, do you actually think before you type your posts or do you just look at a picture of Martinez and let the hate flow?

I mean we are all pissed off with how he failed us in seasons 2 and 3, everyone knows he had to go, but we don't have a burning hatred for the man that you obviously do.

As its valentine's day why don't you pucker up and give that crumpled up picture you have of Martinez a kiss and say out loud "I forgive you Roberto"

Half a season wonder and was going to join Spurs before his injury. Closer to Jelavic than Rom

One stop gap keeper in a decade. Probs moyes best signing, but shocking he never replaced him.

Had to be begged to sign him. Played how many games under Moyes?

No idea how this is relevant?

Only played due to a mountain of injuries. See all the other defenders that has come through...

Hilarious revisionism. The delusion is strong with this amoeba. Take a run and jump to GOT