IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Liverpool pay more than us. They had a young Bruno cheyrou on about £60k a week. When our highest paid player was on about half that.

I know, a lot of teams do. Pretty sure their wage bill is more than twice ours. Barkley can get paid a lot more elsewhere - I think he'll sign here though personally.

Koeman wants the players behind the striker to be more productive with goals etc. Like the majority of teams above us have at their disposal. And it makes a huge difference.

Koeman is going to buy players in these positions, he said that. He has told Mirallas he needs to do more in this way, but Kev has signed a new contract.

Barkley has no doubt been told the same thing all season. It's upto Barkley whether he wants to stay and fight or leave....god knows who to because he ain't starting many games for any of the teams above us as it stands.

I personally am excited that Koeman wants these sort of players behind the striker. We need to spread the goal scoring burden.

Ross has it in his locker. But if he doesn't feel that he can unleash it here, because of pressure, chants, reactions etc, then fair play to him and he has to move on.

So many ifs and buts on this one. Whatever the resolution, I hope it suits everyone.

I know, a lot of teams do. Pretty sure their wage bill is more than twice ours. Barkley can get paid a lot more elsewhere - I think he'll sign here though personally.

I'm guessing if Lukaku goes he'd be getting parity with, our current second top earner, Schneiderlin. At worst a little less, but in the grand scheme, more than enough for money not to be an issue for the stall.

It's odd.... this one. Don't get it.

I don't get it either. Something must be or must have gone on behind the scenes.

Local lad, loves the club, only ever dreamed of winning things with the club but leaves for a few extra quid? Not for me.

His passing is one of his best attributes isn't it?

Might be wrong but I thought his passing stats were pretty high.

Always looks like he finds most of them in the matches, just fails to land the through balls and such, but as pointed out earlier by others... those are rare from even the best.

His passing is one of his best attributes isn't it?

Might be wrong but I thought his passing stats were pretty high.

Always looks like he finds most of them in the matches, just fails to land the through balls and such, but as pointed out earlier by others... those are rare from even the best.

The amount of easy passes I see him misplace is incredible. Also, If we're on a break and the balls at his feet I have no faith in him making a killer pass.

I get the horrible feeling that he will be like a toy you never understood as a kid and you swap it with someone.... they then use it properly and you are like "ahhh that's what you are meant to do"

For that to be the case he would have to be doing something now that's going unnoticed that's very under appreciated which isn't the case

He's a good player who on his day is very good but I think people need to realise that at 23 he won't "click" overnight and become the worldie we had hoped

I know he's not old and has time and room to improve but his main flaw is his decision making his brain is programmed to try that little bit extra it's in his dna, if he simplified his game he'd be a better player but personally I don't think he can

I'd love him to stay on as I do rate him but he's not a world beater

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm anxious to hear updates on his contract situation. I really want to keep him even though he's been extremely inconsistent.

We HAVE to get someone to compete with him though -- he hasn't proven reliable enough to be a guaranteed starter as of now.

Ive been told today that it's a done deal to Spurs for £30m - he's gone. Also Eric Dier is a done deal to Manchester United. That's from an ex Everton player but said Everton player is known to talk crap at times. He's closer than any of us to the club though.

Phil Neville is saying Koeman is pushing Barkley out. I tend to agree. What is this announcement?

Koeman strikes me as a bit of a bully.

I can't see it myself. He's started most of our games this season and been offered a contract which is rumoured to be a good one (if the reports of 90/100k per week are true)

Maybe it's the club not being bullied into offering stupid deals, similar to the rom contract Fiasco. Maybe the club want the better deal and agents and players are refusing them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Koeman believes Ross is the be all and end all, but why would he be offered a contract at all if he doesn't want him at the club?

Christ this is killing me I just want an announcement. Typical Everton fashion we wont hear anything for weeks I bet.

Edited by AidanLewis

I can't see it myself. He's started most of our games this season and been offered a contract which is rumoured to be a good one (if the reports of 90/100k per week are true)

Maybe it's the club not being bullied into offering stupid deals, similar to the rom contract Fiasco. Maybe the club want the better deal and agents and players are refusing them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Koeman believes Ross is the be all and end all, but why would he be offered a contract at all if he doesn't want him at the club?

Christ this is killing me I just want an announcement. Typical Everton fashion we wont hear anything for weeks I bet.

spot on Aiden. People who are trying to blame Ron over this have no clue. It's all on Ross.

spot on Aiden. People who are trying to blame Ron over this have no clue. It's all on Ross.

Mark, the fact of the matter is that we have nothing but rumors to go on. Attributing blame to Koeman, Barkley, the board or Barkley's agent, at this point in time, is a consequence of which rumors you choose to believe and which ones you dismiss as nonsense. We have no clue of the complexity (or potential lack thereof) of these negotiations. Speculate if you must. But, don't pretend that you know what's going on behind closed doors.

Mark, the fact of the matter is that we have nothing but rumors to go on. Attributing blame to Koeman, Barkley, the board or Barkley's agent, at this point in time, is a consequence of which rumors you choose to believe and which ones you dismiss as nonsense. We have no clue of the complexity (or potential lack thereof) of these negotiations. Speculate if you must. But, don't pretend that you know what's going on behind closed doors.

it's not rumors when the manager is speaking directly. he has spoken at many pressers on the situation, ross has chosen not to. take that for what it is, it could be one-sided but it's not paper talk and rumours. Koeman has stated they gave a contract, he hasn't signed, not a rumour joe. fact.

it's not rumors when the manager is speaking directly. he has spoken at many pressers on the situation, ross has chosen not to. take that for what it is, it could be one-sided but it's not paper talk and rumours. Koeman has stated they gave a contract, he hasn't signed, not a rumour joe. fact.

You're right. Those are the facts. The rumors enter in with your interpretation of the facts. When you answer the question "why hasn't Barkley signed the contract?" with anything other than "I don't know, because all I know is that he's been offered one and hasn't signed it," then you're offering conjecture, not fact.

MJB.... it's a very strange way of trying to get a player to stay is it not?

Barkley is the only player who has been criticised openly by koeman. It's not even balanced - which he has done with lukaku on a couple of occasions. Kinda a little ticking off but followed by a "he's a top player blah blah blah"

Barkley is getting treated in a very bizarre fashion. Do we even know what he's been offered?

The contract has come about with very bizarre comments and timing. Essentially I believe koeman is letting him know he's not wanted. It's constructive.

You're right. Those are the facts. The rumors enter in with your interpretation of the facts. When you answer the question "why hasn't Barkley signed the contract?" with anything other than "I don't know, because all I know is that he's been offered one and hasn't signed it," then you're offering conjecture, not fact.

yeah i'm not worried about why he hasn't signed it. just the people saying koeman is forcing him out. simply not true. as already stated the club offered him a contract with plenty of time to sign/re-negotiate. ross hasn't signed. koeman has spoken publicly about it. ross has not. koeman has stated he wants ross to sign and stay with the club.

not sure how people get koeman is forcing him out from that, because that's conjecture as well. simply not true based on the facts above.

the niasse situation? koeman said he didn't want the player, that is forcing the player out.

MJB.... it's a very strange way of trying to get a player to stay is it not?

Barkley is the only player who has been criticised openly by koeman. It's not even balanced - which he has done with lukaku on a couple of occasions. Kinda a little ticking off but followed by a "he's a top player blah blah blah"

Barkley is getting treated in a very bizarre fashion. Do we even know what he's been offered?

The contract has come about with very bizarre comments and timing. Essentially I believe koeman is letting him know he's not wanted. It's constructive.

he said publicly kevin needs to improve. has said the same about davies, but also says "he's young has time to grow and improve". i believe koeman has spoken the most about ross because he has the most talent to be able to reach great heights and is wasting it/not utilizing it effectively for a kid of his age. he should be doing more and koeman is challenging him. if davies hits a rut in 4 years time and can't get above the plateau and RK is still here i would expect the exact same comments about him.

as far as lukaku he has stated many times in the pressers lukaku is scoring goals and that's what you want from a center forward.

how is he being treated bizarrely? he was offered a contract! it would be bizarre if they didn't offer him a contract and tried to sell him or let him run down his contract. instead they said sign and stay or don't and leave, which is how they treat every other player.

It's obvious here Koeman IS trying to push him out. Not even debatable. Whilst Barkley remains professional and silent Koeman is throwing everything into the media.

EXACTLY.

I do not like the undercurrent in how Barkley is treated across a few of his handlers... moyes, hodgson, Southgate, Koeman.

He's treated like an idiot. Phil Neville is spot on in what he said.

yeah i'm not worried about why he hasn't signed it. just the people saying koeman is forcing him out. simply not true. as already stated the club offered him a contract with plenty of time to sign/re-negotiate. ross hasn't signed. koeman has spoken publicly about it. ross has not. koeman has stated he wants ross to sign and stay with the club.

not sure how people get koeman is forcing him out from that, because that's conjecture as well. simply not true based on the facts above.

the niasse situation? koeman said he didn't want the player, that is forcing the player out.

Mark, isn't it also possible that the club offered him a contract with unsatisfactory or even insulting terms? How does one read that? An act of hostility? A gentle way of saying "you're free to look elsewhere"? A difference in opinion between club and player? Pure stupidity?

And, I have no clue why Koeman speaking about it, but Barkley not speaking about it, makes Koeman's version of things the end-all-be-all, here. It is quite possible (I'd say probable) that Koeman making it public is a tactic to increase pressure on Barkley's camp to sign (or, possibly a way of making the club look benevolent, whether or not they've offered something worthwhile to Barkley). It's also likely that Barkley's camp's public silence on the matter could be a negotiation strategy (keeping their cards close to their chest) or, alternatively, a show of respect for the club or a show of simple decency (by not turning this into a public feud or media shitstorm).

Mark, isn't it also possible that the club offered him a contract with unsatisfactory or even insulting terms? How does one read that? An act of hostility? A gentle way of saying "you're free to look elsewhere"? A difference in opinion between club and player? Pure stupidity?

And, I have no clue why Koeman speaking about it, but Barkley not speaking about it, makes Koeman's version of things the end-all-be-all, here. It is quite possible (I'd say probable) that Koeman making it public is a tactic to increase pressure on Barkley's camp to sign (or, possibly a way of making the club look benevolent, whether or not they've offered something worthwhile to Barkley). It's also likely that Barkley's camp's public silence on the matter could be a negotiation strategy (keeping their cards close to their chest) or, alternatively, a show of respect for the club or a show of simple decency (by not turning this into a public feud or media shitstorm).

i've stated this elsewhere joe, if his agent is even half decent, you renegotiate, that is the whole point of the agent as a profession.

I think Martinez let it get so bad (with players getting away with everything and the manager not be in control) that Koeman had to do something to get the control and respect back.

Naisse: If I don't want you, you will be gone.

Barkley: If you try and run your contract down, you will be sold.

Fringe Players: If you are not good enough, you can't hang around collecting a wage.

Sunderland: If you over price a player (Kone), we will walk away from the deal.

Delboy: If you do not fit my system you will be gone.

Youngsters: If you come here, you will get a chance.

Imaging Barkley being allowed to run down contract, then Lukaku thinks he can in 2 years.

He has to do it, and be seen to be doing it, publically if needed. All down to Martinez still.

Alex Ferguson done similar, Mourinho does it. Ranieri didn't do it and got sacked the season after winning the league!

i've stated this elsewhere joe, if his agent is even half decent, you renegotiate, that is the whole point of the agent as a profession.

I understand that. My issue is that you're presuming to have knowledge of the negotiations (or lack thereof) that you cannot have, because all any of us has is a handful of statements from Koeman and a hell of a lot of conjecture from the press.