IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just watched Lukaku's goals from this season again and there were several goals where he had plenty to do before putting the ball into the net. Plus only one penalty. Jest or not, based on my Youtube scouting Bacca is nowhere near Lukaku's level.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Lukaku's goals from this season again and there were several goals where he had plenty to do before putting the ball into the net. Plus only one penalty. Jest or not, based on my Youtube scouting Bacca is nowhere near Lukaku's level.

Ha I hope you haven't just re watched his goals just because I made a tongue in cheek comment!

He's a good finisher as is Bacca no comparison has been made just jest but make no mistake Bacca is a brilliant fox in the box type

Bacca is 31. I would rather have someone younger. Don't want to splash the cash on someone like Williams just to figure he's not good enough and is only going to get worse.

Yeah I get that I was thinking along the lines of if/when Ramirez comes in he's a relatively young inexperienced player so having the likes of Bacca alongside him could work well

He's no spring chicken but he's not showing signs of slowing down just yet either, if he's fairly cheap he'll be worth a punt imo

He would fit Koeman's tactics perfectly. Look at Pelle, a quite mediocre striker from Serie A. Giroud is a proven striker from the PL and overall a much better player but they have the same traits that suit Koeman's style. We just need quick wingers to play alongside him.

Can't see us wanting Giroud and Rooney - as I think we'll still sign Rooney, I can't see this one happening. I would be very happy if we did sign Giroud though - excellent striker.

I dont see Rooney as a striker anymore. More of a playmaking mid, a la Barkley. I think that they would go well together.

As someone said. Good wingers are a must if we have Giroud.

Peter, playing Rooney in midfield makes no sense in Koeman's high tempo game. We've seen with strikers like Sherringham, when you haven't got the pace anymore you can still be a good forward if you are intelligent. Rooney has always had a great brain on him, great movement, he doesn't need great pace to be a striker. In our midfield his lack of pace would really hinder us.

Peter, playing Rooney in midfield makes no sense in Koeman's high tempo game. We've seen with strikers like Sherringham, when you haven't got the pace anymore you can still be a good forward if you are intelligent. Rooney has always had a great brain on him, great movement, he doesn't need great pace to be a striker. In our midfield his lack of pace would really hinder us.

I dont agree with you, I think Rooney would slot in perfectly just behind our top forward as the attacking mid. He does not have to be fast to distribute quickly. His brain (as you correctly pointed out) is perfect for it. Quick thinking and a killer pass.

I dont agree with you, I think Rooney would slot in perfectly just behind our top forward as the attacking mid. He does not have to be fast to distribute quickly. His brain (as you correctly pointed out) is perfect for it. Quick thinking and a killer pass.

United only finished 6 points ahead of us if he is not good enough to get in their team why is he all of a sudden good enough for us? we are supposed to be building a team to try and break into the top 6 Rooney is not the answer.

United only finished 6 points ahead of us if he is not good enough to get in their team why is he all of a sudden good enough for us? we are supposed to be building a team to try and break into the top 6 Rooney is not the answer.

Schneiderlin supposedly wasn't good enough either. Nor Rom at Chelsea.

Schneiderlin supposedly wasn't good enough either. Nor Rom at Chelsea.

Schneiderlin didn't really get a chance to show what he can do at United, not really sure why they ever signed him tbh and Rom got turfed out of Chelsea by Jose because he missed that penalty in the Super Cup if you remember.

Schneiderlin didn't really get a chance to show what he can do at United, not really sure why they ever signed him tbh and Rom got turfed out of Chelsea by Jose because he missed that penalty in the Super Cup if you remember.

Rooney hasn't had much of a chance under Mourinho either.

And yep it was that penalty and nothing else.

There are a lot of players that we should never buy using Simons logic. And a lot of players that we never should have bought.

Williams? McCarthy? (we did get one amazing season from him) Barry? Schneiderlin? Lukaku? Neville? (off the top of my head without putting too much thought into it)

What constitutes as left overs by some (that perhaps dont fit into a system) might suit us perfect Simon. Barry being a great example. He might not play that much next season but he was exactly what we needed when we bought him. And he was unwanted at the time. Lukaku was not good enough for Chelsea. He has given us 60-80 goals since then. Neville wasnt good enough for Man U, he was our captain for years and played 240ish games for us.

Would you turn down Giroud? He might not be good enough for Arsenal this season.

There are a lot of players that we should never buy using Simons logic. And a lot of players that we never should have bought.

Williams? McCarthy? (we did get one amazing season from him) Barry? Schneiderlin? Lukaku? Neville? (off the top of my head without putting too much thought into it)

What constitutes as left overs by some (that perhaps dont fit into a system) might suit us perfect Simon. Barry being a great example. He might not play that much next season but he was exactly what we needed when we bought him. And he was unwanted at the time. Lukaku was not good enough for Chelsea. He has given us 60-80 goals since then. Neville wasnt good enough for Man U, he was our captain for years and played 240ish games for us.

Would you turn down Giroud? He might not be good enough for Arsenal this season.

There is no logic to it, i just don't see the point in buying Rooney thats all.