IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a free I’d take Barkley all day long. 
If we are getting a left back then I’d rather it be an upgrade on Mykolenko than a back up, if Young would be a back up.

But if moves like this mean we can get attacking players then I can understand it. 

Someone like Young, who is not exciting at all, but knows Dyche from his early years at Watford and is a good pro, is very minimal risk. Low risk and low price is what we need. I don’t like it, but I get it. 

53 minutes ago, StevO said:

On a free I’d take Barkley all day long. 
If we are getting a left back then I’d rather it be an upgrade on Mykolenko than a back up, if Young would be a back up.

But if moves like this mean we can get attacking players then I can understand it. 

Someone like Young, who is not exciting at all, but knows Dyche from his early years at Watford and is a good pro, is very minimal risk. Low risk and low price is what we need. I don’t like it, but I get it. 

Young will be the starter.

I'm quite sad to say that I don't really care this summer (at least this morning). Regardless of what we do, it'll still be a shitshow, but that's not what's made me numb. It just doesn't feel like Everton, none of it. We can't even be shit like we were in the 90s; they were largley poorer quality players that got by on grit for the most part whereas today we've got a much more talented squad that's incapable, so far, of performing to their standards. 

Young or Myko? Neither are good enough for our dreams, both are ok for our reality. Barkley won't achieve anything other than bringing back the toxicity that we'll have (hopefully) left behind with the board quitters and Walcott will consume the wage of 2 other players whilst adding another bang average option on the wing. 

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm quite sad to say that I don't really care this summer (at least this morning). Regardless of what we do, it'll still be a shitshow, but that's not what's made me numb. It just doesn't feel like Everton, none of it. We can't even be shit like we were in the 90s; they were largley poorer quality players that got by on grit for the most part whereas today we've got a much more talented squad that's incapable, so far, of performing to their standards. 

Young or Myko? Neither are good enough for our dreams, both are ok for our reality. Barkley won't achieve anything other than bringing back the toxicity that we'll have (hopefully) left behind with the board quitters and Walcott will consume the wage of 2 other players whilst adding another bang average option on the wing. 

I for one feel your numbness and despair that is going on around us all and the club at this moment in time. In the not so distant future I will force myself to lift my mood and up my expectations I always do, but boy it’s getting harder as every week rolls by. 

We don't need Barkley, we have Deli. 

Work on a relatively inexpensive player that has a higher ceiling level, rather than bring in another failed player. 

Deli is here and Dyche is already looking at him and speaking with him. If he feels it’s a project worth pursuing, then let’s support it. If he doesn’t, I would expect us to be aware fast.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

This is why we were so much easier to watch under Dyche. We were improved, yes, but not massively. But Dyche got *most* of the squad to at least work and indicate that they cared about our future.

I for one am hopeful that will continue and it remains the only real reason I have any hope that we’ll avoid relegation.

I just dont see how Barkley would fit into the Dyche "collective" ethos.

He is an enigma. A player that you dont want to overburden with instruction other than to go out there and play. He will pop up and completely run some games and others you wont see him for 89 minutes and the other 1 minute he will be giving the ball away.

I just dont see how him and this team fits, in exactly the same way as I don't see how Alli fits. Also in the same way James ultimately didn't fit.

24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Also in the same way James ultimately didn't fit.

You take that back immediately!!! 🤬

Honestly, he fitted in perfectly on the right hand side with Coleman behind him and Doucoure to his left, with Richarlison and Digne on the left side. We played some of the best football since Baines/Pienaar. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I just dont see how Barkley would fit into the Dyche "collective" ethos.

He is an enigma. A player that you dont want to overburden with instruction other than to go out there and play. He will pop up and completely run some games and others you wont see him for 89 minutes and the other 1 minute he will be giving the ball away.

I just dont see how him and this team fits, in exactly the same way as I don't see how Alli fits. Also in the same way James ultimately didn't fit.

James didn't fit in because FSW bears grudges.

18 hours ago, StevO said:

You take that back immediately!!! 🤬

Honestly, he fitted in perfectly on the right hand side with Coleman behind him and Doucoure to his left, with Richarlison and Digne on the left side. We played some of the best football since Baines/Pienaar. 

He fitted in when the team were on the up and everyone else could do the heavy lifting. When reality set in it fell apart and he became a liability with the odd moment of magic.

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

James didn't fit in because FSW bears grudges.

He was well on his way out under Carlo when we were playing with our backs to the wall week-in week-out.