IGNORED

Christian Atsu

What really his home in all of this is the fact we're all so excited to see him play (me included) yet Chelsea are just not arsed about farming him out to us. What I mean is imagine being a Chelsea fan not even being arsed about losing a player like this to another prem team. Just waking up "oh we 've signed <insert world class player> oh good. Like it 's just an everyday thing to happen where as we're all hanging, refreshing pages pissing ourselves for us to sign someone.

Just emphasises the gulf in financial power between us and them. It's actually frightening really and it's also wrong that Chelsea (and others to be fair) can just buy up young talent at an alarming rate, farm them out on loan then pick the bones out of it and take/discard what they do/don't want.

This is the way Chelsea are operating and making money. It's in part just an increased revenue business for them.

Sign young talented youth with potential. Loan them out let their games come on. At the end of their loans (if good enough) keep them if not exactly what they want sell them for huge profit. FFP they're doing their best to get around it and I think this is one of their ways.

This is the way Chelsea are operating and making money. It's in part just an increased revenue business for them.

Sign young talented youth with potential. Loan them out let their games come on. At the end of their loans (if good enough) keep them if not exactly what they want sell them for huge profit. FFP they're doing their best to get around it and I think this is one of their ways.

Yep and that is why we will never be able to compete with them and it saddens me that football has got to this stage.

Not compete? We beat them last year

I meant financially or in the league for the title year in year out.

If a team like Shrewsbury beat Arsenal in the FA Cup it doesn't mean they are competing with them. Granted that's a bit extreme and no offence to our american mates and I honestly admire your optimism but just because we beat them last season does not mean we can compete financially or over a season regularly.

I meant financially or in the league for the title year in year out.

If a team like Shrewsbury beat Arsenal in the FA Cup it doesn't mean they are competing with them. Granted that's a bit extreme and no offence to our american mates and I honestly admire your optimism but just because we beat them last season does not mean we can compete financially or over a season regularly.

It's only offensive when you say "no offence to our American mates..."

:happy:

The Echo are reporting that we did try for an option to buy Atsu.

That lad who is the editor on Everton Rumours is adamant there's an option to buy. That 's why I posed the question here. I can 't find anything anywhere stating it.

Reading what Atsu has said it looks like he 's open to staying.

That lad who is the editor on Everton Rumours is adamant there's an option to buy. That 's why I posed the question here. I can 't find anything anywhere stating it.

Reading what Atsu has said it looks like he 's open to staying.

Not surprised if thats true, he will want 1st team football and may see Lukaku as a good example to follow

I can't multi quote on my phone so I'm not going to post whore and answer to each

@ Miguel, yer I can't find anything to say there's an option to buy and I also think that he will be great, I said when we were first linked I was really excited about it, I think he's a great little player. He will be better than Gerrard D mostly because he is older and more developed. I can't wait to see him play.

@ Matt, yes mate I was thinking exactly the same thing and I think Lukaku will be in his ear also

Are we all excited to see what he can do? Or just me?

Leftys are always good to watch imo, unless they are shit.

I think I really am. He is an unknown quantity for me, but the way he has been described by himself and Martinez is making me more curious :)

Christian said: "After the World Cup, when I came back to Chelsea they told me of Everton's interest. I told them Everton were a great Club and I would prefer to play for them.

"I think Everton is a great Club with a great manager and they try to play football, which is very important for me.

"When I was training with Chelsea a lot of the players told me Everton is a great Club.

That's interesting. Thought of highly at another club. Usually it's the promoted or lower league teams that wish Everton well, but a title contender, that's interesting.

Mourinho has always been favourable towards us. He always talks positively and if I remember rightly he told Nuno Valente to join us!

i was just going to say this. also he and RM seem to get on well. For all the manager bashing Mou does, I've never heard him say bad things about RM directly and vice versa for RM to Mou.

Also it's well known that BK gets on well with the Chelsea office, so maybe that helps too.

Don't care what they say or jose for that matter. I still remember the days of Chelsea booing there own player hissy morris when he scored against Bolton cause they wanted us relegated on that day. Muppets!!! Or should I say Russian puppets!!!

Standard!

Seeing as how he can't play against Chelsea next week (loanees can't play against their parent club correct?) I hope he gets some time off the bench against Arsenal. Similar to the role Ox has, someone on the wings to come off the bench against tired defenders. Atsu does not have the same speed but he is willing to take defenders from what I have heard, so that's always a positive.