IGNORED

Christian Atsu

• 2 weeks later...

Atsu scored the winner today for Ghana in a 3-2 victory over Togo in Cup of Nations qualifying. And apparently he played pretty well in their last qualifier as well.

With the way Kev has been playing, and now with Atsu and McGeady fairing well on international break, our wing play is looking pretty promising.

Add in Pienaar and Oviedo, and it's going to be interesting to see how Martinez keeps everyone happy. Wish we could trade a midfielder for a CB option.

• 3 weeks later...

Some players impress before they join a club, they move on and disappoint. It happens. Get over yourself pal.

Edit: £3m for someone of his 'potential' is a good deal. He isn't working out, how is that me being fickle? You've had to trudge through some shit to come up with a very loose quote. You're obviously bored.

Edited by tenaciousj

What's wrong with this forum of late? One poor performance and the player is shite, our squad is shite, bobby is clueless and we're gonna finish bottom half. It's 2nd of October, Atsu is playing in a new league. He's showed some good things and things he needs to work on. Ask me in January when he's had a few months and more minutes under his belt.

I was over the moon when we got him I really was but he was awful tonight.

Still he shouldn't be written off on one bad half. He deserves a chance to prove himself

He was crap against Palace too. I'm going to do it again. I don't rate him. Yes this early.

First time I have seen him. Very disappointed. He had a half chance inside the penalty area but instead of pulling the trigger he hesitated and lost the ball. Its a long time since I saw an Everton team give the ball away so much. Fortunate draw in the end.

He was crap against Palace too. I'm going to do it again. I don't rate him. Yes this early.

He wasn't crap against Palace though, he wasn't great either but he was far from crap. Everyone was crap in that game but he got behind their defence a fair few times and at least looked capable of opening them up. He laso tracked back a lot and at one point won a header in our last 3rd against Campbell when if he'd missed it they were in.

He done as well as anyone and better than plenty at Palace.

Some players impress before they join a club, they move on and disappoint. It happens. Get over yourself pal.

Edit: £3m for someone of his 'potential' is a good deal. He isn't working out, how is that me being fickle? You've had to trudge through some shit to come up with a very loose quote. You're obviously bored.

You sound like you've disappointed yourself with that reply.

He wasn't crap against Palace though, he wasn't great either but he was far from crap. Everyone was crap in that game but he got behind their defence a fair few times and at least looked capable of opening them up. He laso tracked back a lot and at one point won a header in our last 3rd against Campbell when if he'd missed it they were in.

He was crap

I agree, only thing lacking that game was decision making but he is only 19 and I got the feeling he was trying to make an impression.

Think people forget that Gerry hardly set the world alight in his first few appearances, Atsu should be given time

Edited by Matt

I agree, only thing lacking that game was decision making but he is only 19 and I got the feeling he was trying to make an impression.

Think people forget that Gerry hardly set the world alight in his first few appearances, Atsu should be given time

At least with Gerry you could see that if he got a chance to make something then more often than not it resulted in a chance. I have seen Atsu get into some good areas but he hasn't produced and yesterday he made a real hash of some fairly simple passes.

I'm happy you and Paddock were watching the same game as I was.

He's a young winger. Young wingers' decision making being shocking is pretty much par for the course. It's what everyone was whining about with Gerry. Let's face it, if he was able to get in behind defenses AND play the perfect final ball, we wouldn't have him on loan. Maybe we get some of that in the 2nd half of the season. For now, I'm happy to see that he has the potential to use his quality and that he is working really hard out there.

At least with Gerry you could see that if he got a chance to make something then more often than not it resulted in a chance. I have seen Atsu get into some good areas but he hasn't produced and yesterday he made a real hash of some fairly simple passes.

I'm happy you and Paddock were watching the same game as I was.

He's a young winger. Young wingers' decision making being shocking is pretty much par for the course. It's what everyone was whining about with Gerry. Let's face it, if he was able to get in behind defenses AND play the perfect final ball, we wouldn't have him on loan. Maybe we get some of that in the 2nd half of the season. For now, I'm happy to see that he has the potential to use his quality and that he is working really hard out there.

Can't comment on yesterdays performance as I didn't see the match. I'm going on the Palace game for now, plus the fact that he has only had 3 apps and deserves a chance.

Joe pretty much sums it up perfectly for me.