IGNORED

Christian Atsu

• 3 months later...

Not surprised and quite glad really as I'm not very confident Martinez will make the right choices over the summer but atleast this is one

He's got some ability but I can never see him cutting it at this level without being to harsh on the lad he comes across abit dense in footballing terms similar to Ross has ability but his head (brain) isn't upto speed with his body if you get my drift and I don't think experience will change that

Good luck to the lad though

Edited by EFC-Paul

I wasmassively wrong on him. I'd watched him afew times to be fair mostly at international and he looked great. I wasmajorly excitedwhen he came but it went completely tits up.

Hope he does ok whereverhe goes but an absolute disaster here.

Yeah, I thought he'd provide a spark too but was very wrong. I honestly forgot he was still here.

I can't help feeling he didn't get enough chances though.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I just find the whole thing odd - Martinez must have rated him to bring him in in the first place but then never gave him a chance. It reminds me of when he loaned Henriques from United for Wigan.

Was his attitude the issue, maybe?

Martinez seems like a nice guy in public, but if you rub him the wrong way, he will definitely freeze you out.

This is just speculation, but there seems to be a trend.

Martinez seems like a nice guy in public, but if you rub him the wrong way, he will definitely freeze you out.

worked for SAF, Wenger, Mourinho, etc. Manager is always right is better than being the players bitch.

Sounds like a typical Alpha male doesn't he? His way or no way. Sounds familiar...

Sounds like a typical Alpha male doesn't he? His way or no way. Sounds familiar...

It goes totally against the ridiculous rumours that he couldn't handle a revolt Eto'o organised and the deessing room was in disarray and Eto'o banished him from the changing rooms to speak to the team doesn't it.

It goes totally against the ridiculous rumours that he couldn't handle a revolt Eto'o organised and the deessing room was in disarray and Eto'o banished him from the changing rooms to speak to the team doesn't it.

Dunno, Eto'o wanted to be Top Dog too but it's actually a bigger statement to walk away in front of him after the Eto'o has tried to take control.

If it happened at all

Dunno, Eto'o wanted to be Top Dog too but it's actually a bigger statement to walk away in front of him after the Eto'o has tried to take control.

If it happened at all

Course it never happened. Martinez may be a lot of things but heclearly is nobodys fool.

• 2 weeks later...

And he'll do well there. Genuinely think a step down and a decent run, you'll see what a handy player he can be. Miles better than what they have.

Not sure that I agree he's "miles better than they have." After all, Bournemouth won the Championship because of their attacking style and number of goals scored, not because they win games 1-0.

• 7 months later...

SSN are reporting that he's in talks with Bournemouth over a loan move.

And he'll do well there. Genuinely think a step down and a decent run, you'll see what a handy player he can be. Miles better than what they have.

Or not.

"Bournemouth have confirmed Christian Atsu's loan deal has been cut short. The attacking midfielder only featured in two league cup games and the Cherries say he was "recalled" by Chelsea."

• 7 months later...