IGNORED

Christian Atsu

Definitely agree about being given more of a chance, just commenting on what I saw last night.

From what I saw it wasn't his decision making that was necessarily the problem it was the execution that was lacking.

Sounds like he did a complete 180 from the Palace game then. He should have had 2 assists there from his runs, just ended up trying to do too much

I agree, only thing lacking that game was decision making but he is only 19 and I got the feeling he was trying to make an impression.

Think people forget that Gerry hardly set the world alight in his first few appearances, Atsu should be given time

He's twenty-two, but that aside I agree with you.

What we have to rememberas well is we are playing shite right now, Gerry was playing in a team that was playing well, defending well and winning matches and was high on confidence. Atsu is playing in a team that shipping goals low on confidence and shakey as fuck.

Give the lad a chance he dserves at least until January.

Gerard Deulofeu is twice the player of Atsu. FFS

not all of us are blessed with the ability to judge a player in seconds

Gerry was exciting and frustrating in equal measure when he started off. He was also playing ina team playing well. His decision making to start with was atrocious but matured with game time.

I see a lot of similarities between the two, and hold judgement until the lad has had a chance to prove himself, one way or the other...

not all of us are blessed with the ability to judge a player in seconds

Gerry was exciting and frustrating in equal measure when he started off. He was also playing ina team playing well. His decision making to start with was atrocious but matured with game time.

I see a lot of similarities between the two, and hold judgement until the lad has had a chance to prove himself, one way or the other...

It's not even questionable though. When he gets into good positions he hasn't the slightest idea what to do next. Deulofeu was direct, only one thing in his mind attack, attack, attack.

We're definitely worse off in that position than last season.

It's not even questionable though. When he gets into good positions he hasn't the slightest idea what to do next. Deulofeu was direct, only one thing in his mind attack, attack, attack.

We're definitely worse off in that position than last season.

we are worse of, that's not Atus' fault

Just give the kid a chance

I agree he does need to be given more time but so far he's been very disappointing

Prior to him signing I looked on various forums and came across a fair few saying he is nothing more than an athlete with not much of a footballing brain and I think that could be the case from what I've seen so far.

I'm not writing the lad off just yet but he needs to kick on and improve quickly and as for the comparisons to Gerry they a incomparable as frustrating as Gerry could be he had far more about him than I imagine Atsu will ever have tbh

I agree he does need to be given more time but so far he's been very disappointing

Prior to him signing I looked on various forums and came across a fair few saying he is nothing more than an athlete with not much of a footballing brain and I think that could be the case from what I've seen so far.

I'm not writing the lad off just yet but he needs to kick on and improve quickly and as for the comparisons to Gerry they a incomparable as frustrating as Gerry could be he had far more about him than I imagine Atsu will ever have tbh

Agreed

What really disappoints me, and has me somewhat worried that he won't mature, is that he had a full season of first team football last season but still looks like he hasn't a clue. And he went to the World Cup. He has far more experience than Deulofeu had, which was the thing I was clinging to when he signed and I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about it.

• 2 weeks later...

"But I think the way he has adapted to the way we want to play so far has been impressive. He’s an intelligent footballer"

If he is an intelligent footballer then Im guessing he must just be colour blind because every time Ive seen him he always pick the wrong option and can never seem to pass it to anyone in blue

• 1 month later...