IGNORED

Christian Atsu

I don't think he's been wholly disappointing in the few small opportunities he's recieved. There must be something else going on between him and Roberto, if he isn't getting any opportunities. He certainly hasn't looked a worse option than Osman or McGeady, as an impact sub. I hope whatever is going on gets sorted, as he's worked hard when he's played for us and I still think he can be an effective player for us.

I don't think he's been wholly disappointing in the few small opportunities he's recieved. There must be something else going on between him and Roberto, if he isn't getting any opportunities. He certainly hasn't looked a worse option than Osman or McGeady, as an impact sub. I hope whatever is going on gets sorted, as he's worked hard when he's played for us and I still think he can be an effective player for us.

I think that harsh on Osman and McGeady. Im no fan of the latter but Atsu has shown very little so far. He got an opportunity to show what he could do against Krasnodar and despite getting in good positions, he cocked it up time and time again.

He just seems like an idiot in footballing terms. Has ability but no brain to go with it. That might be harsh because I have only seen a glimpse of him and hopefully he will prove me wrong if he plays during the week.

I said that about him when he first signed but I wasn't quite expecting as little impact as he's been able to make!

Must admit I hadn't seem him play before he signed so didnt know what we were getting but he also hasnt had much of a chance yet. I consider it unlikley but he may still have more to offer and tbh I bloody hope so!

I was excited. But to be honest it was more on reputation than anything I had seen.

I'm hoping he starts against the Russians and has a stormer. Just to give us a bit of hope.

Bobby said he wasn't likely to play much until the 2nd half of the season. Why that is, who knows.

I dunno. We'll see.

I think that harsh on Osman and McGeady. Im no fan of the latter but Atsu has shown very little so far. He got an opportunity to show what he could do against Krasnodar and despite getting in good positions, he cocked it up time and time again.

He just seems like an idiot in footballing terms. Has ability but no brain to go with it. That might be harsh because I have only seen a glimpse of him and hopefully he will prove me wrong if he plays during the week.

It was a bit harsh, I admit. I'd just rather see him come on if we are chasing a game, as I think his work rate is really good and he's got the pace and ability to make something happen against tired legs. Osman has really chipped in well with a few goals this season and McGeady has shown some improvement as well. But, I think Atsu (based on how he's played) deserves more of a chance than he's received.

Really wouldve liked to have seen him given a proper chance but it's not looking likely.

He was really unlucky early doors vs Palace - a goal and he went close or even a positive result with his input and things could be very different now with him (and maybe us). Fine margins have been the story of our season (mainly negative unfortunately).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Atsu is a bad player but he isn't a great player either. He isn't the sort of player that can change a game but he does have pace and an okay touch and isn't bad at passing. He is weak at taking on defenders, tracking back and defending and he isn't strong either and can't hold the ball up. Hopefully we will cancel the loan in January and make another two loans as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's the players impact that's at fault.

I remember before we signed him may people were screaming for him, no it hasn't worked it must be a bad decision by Martinez.

Disappointing part for me is that when he went of imjures he actually started to look decent. His burst of pace to take the ball past the full back where he got clattered is what we have been screaming at him to do.

I really wanted him I was so looking forward to him in a blue shirt. To be fair he hasn't had much of a chance to shine but the odd cameo he has had he's looked way out of his depth. Almost like when you see a gang of 10-11 year olds playing on a field and ones brought his 7 year old brother who's trying to play with them and gets the odd kick but the game mostly passes him by and if he finally does get a chance with the ball in a bit of space a bigger kid justcomes along and takes it off him.

• 2 weeks later...

When his name was touted on loan I looked on a few forums and the majority vote was he's a headless chicken and nothing more than an athlete for me that assessment still stands

It worries me that Martinez is trying to talk him up and we've even kept hold of the lad this long he's simply not good enough for me and never will be

Edited by EFC-Paul