IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

He's immediately dissocociating himself from what's happened to the club; nothing to do with him, it was them. Knob.

Did you watch the very end of the game? The whistle blew, Crooked Sam briefly nodded to Arteta, and then he hurried down the tunnel. He didn't acknowledge or comfort or commiserate with a single one of his players. His selfishness was striking.

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Did you watch the very end of the game? The whistle blew, Crooked Sam briefly nodded to Arteta, and then he hurried down the tunnel. He didn't acknowledge or comfort or commiserate with a single one of his players. His selfishness was striking.

I missed that but I'm not at all surprised.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Man u giving Leicester the three points. I forgot the likes of Mata were even still at the club.

I think his selection was more about Solskjær sending a message to the FA; they're pretty much secure in second so he's prepared to potentially lose the game and blame the authorities for it. He'll probably be upset if they win so he can't play the victim card.

19 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think his selection was more about Solskjær sending a message to the FA; they're pretty much secure in second so he's prepared to potentially lose the game and blame the authorities for it. He'll probably be upset if they win so he can't play the victim card.

He should be blaming his own fans, not the PL, they're the reason they've got the shite on Thursday.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Word is now that it was a "decoy" bus, really?

The Manchester United players arrived early. Beds were brought to the stadium prior to their arrival to allow the players to rest in executive areas.

The Liverpool bus that was blocked in was NOT a decoy. It was on its way to pick up the players.

The club used its other two coaches to get the players to the ground thanks to an extensive police operation. Beyond that, there was no impact on them.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m unbelievably jealous of them. Not just because they’ve won the FA Cup but because their recruitment has been brilliant, they play good football, and have belief in what they want to do. 

Spent the 2008/09 season in League One too. It's amazing what they've achieved and as you say, I'm jealous of them in truth. Could be us, could be anyone. 

The league win was a one in a million, but the decisions they've made means they can stick around the European places and win trophies like they have done so today.

A great example of how to run a team from owners to players, you don’t need hundreds of millions and you can sell some of your best players and still win trophies and challenge at the top of the league. 
To think Walsh was a big part of the success at Leicester yet he wouldn’t be given the time of day at Everton, how reputations can be broken when you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time, could it be true when Walsh said that Moshiri and Kenwright blocked players who he wanted to bring in who later proved to be successful at other clubs, and got him to sign players against his judgment. 
I guess we will never really know but what can’t be denied is that he helped Leicester build a PL winning team that has been able to hold it’s own in the seasons that followed. 
Great achievement by everyone involved today, hopefully our time isn’t that far away from being realised. 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Leeds looking like they're about to go 8th with their win against Soton. 

We're gonna finish 10th, aren't we

Shame because I read somewhere that finishing 7th would have been an extra £17 million - not that the players really care about that.

Been some strange results today

Edit - anyone who thinks we dont miss what Gana brought to the team look at Leicesters 1st goal against chelsea and how Ndidi won the ball.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Shame because I read somewhere that finishing 7th would have been an extra £17 million - not that the players really care about that.

Been some strange results today

Edit - anyone who thinks we dont miss what Gana brought to the team look at Leicesters 1st goal against chelsea and how Ndidi won the ball.

We would need to get out of our half to win the ball back like that, Gana or no Gana! 😂

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

That makes no sense to me, £2m per place and zero guarantee a lower European spot would bring in anything like that.

Yeah I’m not sure where I read it - they may have been taking in to account this conference league but I’m not sure mate.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Allardyce has resigned from West Brom..... Saying he's a short term manager.  Funny that.... He didn't seem to accept that position when we got rid?

I hope WBA sue him - the greedy fucker doesn't wanna do championship but no doubt he will have his phone switched on in January when the first managerial casualties start appearing. 

Prick. 

i wonder if he will even get calls anymore after this.  he's not a sure bet anymore.

14 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Allardyce has resigned from West Brom..... Saying he's a short term manager.  Funny that.... He didn't seem to accept that position when we got rid?

I hope WBA sue him - the greedy fucker doesn't wanna do championship but no doubt he will have his phone switched on in January when the first managerial casualties start appearing. 

Prick. 

Not surprised in the slightest 

On 20/05/2021 at 08:32, Hafnia said:

Prick. 

He is a prick, but it’s also a sad indictment on how football is becoming a business for greedy bastards with no passion or loyalty for the job they are doing.