IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

In retrospect it is a shame Coleman was so honest, that he went for the ball and only the ball is probably why he's ended up so badly off. Bale had kicked at O'Shea about a minute before (if the report I read is accurate) so malicious intent was active onfield, if Coleman see's the player coming and goes in 'hard' and tries to kick his head off then he unlikely gets the injury.

But this is a nutcase scenario, Taylor has tried to crock Coleman for the rest of the game, the challenge was so poor that it's obvious he was looking for player impact so as to slow Coleman down.

So what do we want? Ferguson to go steaming in and break his jaw in 12 places? It'd provide some level of justice I suppose. What should have happened is ROI should have composed themselves and took advantage of the extra man and beaten Wales, that would have hurt the player and the hypocrites that have backed him to the hilt (looking at you Hartson you remedial shit-stain) but this indicates any semblance of being bothered about the international game and its fixtures. I only bother when England are on because it's always a good time watching the FA and its spivs get yet another black eye on the back of England getting a beating. Wankers!

So to Coleman, he's a hard worker, not a loud chap that courts the press, he'll get his head down and focus on recovery, hopefully he has enough youth on his side to heal up fully and get back to marauding down our right flank. I sincerely hope the echo of the break doesn't last in his mind as was alleged regards Barkley all those seasons back.

As for the rest of the ROI players on the field the other night, if they had been so bothered to take things into their own hands, come 89 minutes they should have been queuing to launch Bale into the stands, not only because he had deserved to walk before that, but because if football has taught us anything it is that if you kick one of ours we'll kick one of yours. Two wrongs have always made a right on the pitch, its a lesson as old as the game itself. There'd be a lot more furore if Bale was out for Real Madrid for the rest of the season, and it might just be enough to get refereeing looked at again and fixed/supported with tv replays.

Good luck Seamus, all us blues thoughts and prayers are with you mate, take your time and come back fully.

Edited by Shy_Talk

........and stop tackles for fear of being sued. If you mean a longer ban then that's a little different. However in my opinion it's the tackle that should be penalised not the injury received.

I guess you should lobby to have monumental changes made to our judicial system with that kind of massively flawed logic

As for the rest of the ROI players on the field the other night, if they had been so bothered to take things into their own hands, come 89 minutes they should have been queuing to launch Bale into the stands, not only because he had deserved to walk before that, but because if football has taught us anything it is that if you kick one of ours we'll kick one of yours. Two wrongs have always made a right on the pitch, its a lesson as old as the game itself. There'd be a lot more furore if Bale was out for Real Madrid for the rest of the season, and it might just be enough to get refereeing looked at again and fixed/supported with tv replays.

Good luck Seamus, all us blues thoughts and prayers are with you mate, take your time and come back fully.

So your saying that a Republic of Ireland player should have broken a Wales player leg to as you say "Make it right".

You do know that this game is called football and not MMA right?

You make a valid point that the referee should indeed of sent Bale off for the assault on O'Shea, if he had taken control of the match earlier then arguably some of the heat would have been removed from the game. The standard of refereeing has really declined over the last 3 or 4 years.

Just been watching it over and over again.

I honestly think that Funes Moris studs first was worse.

Not sure if I'm not getting the right angle but it seems he comes in with his laces high. Awful tackle, but I don't think it's as bad as people have made out.

Waiting to see the right angle though as I can only find the live angle at the moment and that's hazy.

Just been watching it over and over again.

I honestly think that Funes Moris studs first was worse.

Not sure if I'm not getting the right angle but it seems he comes in with his laces high. Awful tackle, but I don't think it's as bad as people have made out.

Waiting to see the right angle though as I can only find the live angle at the moment and that's hazy.

If mori snapped origis leg and Barkley the same with henderson then they both should have faced very lengthy bans.

So your saying that a Republic of Ireland player should have broken a Wales player leg to as you say "Make it right".

You do know that this game is called football and not MMA right?

You make a valid point that the referee should indeed of sent Bale off for the assault on O'Shea, if he had taken control of the match earlier then arguably some of the heat would have been removed from the game. The standard of refereeing has really declined over the last 3 or 4 years.

What I said was, kick a few in return, not go out to specifically break anything per se, but to even up the score. This facet of football not mma is a part of the game and will continue to be, as the game is played by people and people have emotions and when those emotions are tickled just right they lead to drama....

maradona-kung-fu-kick.jpg?w=296

(I don't want anyone harmed severely or permanently in a football match or anywhere else for that matter, regardless of the injustice in the moment, at the same time I'm not expecting any side to run out as cannon fodder for a game, in some instances mistakes are made, players tire and make bad decisions, some players are nasty pieces of work, accountability is a dirty word in real life and more so in the hyped up pressurised and utterly corrupted world of football)

It was a bad tackle. Nothing more, it happens.

Mori did it in the derby last year.

Davies has a few over the tops this season.

He lunged with his leg outstretched and got it wrong.

It's not like he king fu kicked him.

Exactly. Seamus himself has done a couple in the last 12 months as well but luckily didn't catch them cleanly.

We are definitely seeing the Everton bias here with this one. Other way round and Coleman breaking a leg of an opponent and there's absolutely no way the majority of this forum would be wanting Coleman banned for longer, sued or imprisoned. Terrible challenge, very unfortunate and I wish him a speedy recovery.

What I said was, kick a few in return, not go out to specifically break anything per se, but to even up the score. This facet of football not mma is a part of the game and will continue to be, as the game is played by people and people have emotions and when those emotions are tickled just right they lead to drama....

maradona-kung-fu-kick.jpg?w=296

(I don't want anyone harmed severely or permanently in a football match or anywhere else for that matter, regardless of the injustice in the moment, at the same time I'm not expecting any side to run out as cannon fodder for a game, in some instances mistakes are made, players tire and make bad decisions, some players are nasty pieces of work, accountability is a dirty word in real life and more so in the hyped up pressurised and utterly corrupted world of football)

Totally understood maradona reacting like that in that game. He had nearly had his career ended and was facing more of the same awful tackles.

We are definitely seeing the Everton bias here with this one. Other way round and Coleman breaking a leg of an opponent and there's absolutely no way the majority of this forum would be wanting Coleman banned for longer, sued or imprisoned. Terrible challenge, very unfortunate and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Sorry but if Coleman did that to another player i would be fuming. It's not good. Yes there are times when we brush it off cos the player walks away but.... no. Sorry it's bad form.

If I'm honest I think Chris Coleman coming out so defensive of Taylor makes me wonder what he said before the game. Get stuck in if you get the chance leave a little in a challenge frighten them get them on the back foot.

I doubt he meant to injure him as badly as that but "Let him know he's there" definitely. They're saying the operation was a success how they rate surgery is beyond me but fingers crossed he's back to his best sooner rather than later. Deserves it footballs nice guy from what I've been reading

Edited by smeghead1

Totally understood maradona reacting like that in that game. He had nearly had his career ended and was facing more of the same awful tackles.

Up arrow in green for spotting an infamous maradona moment, bit esoteric nowadays. Also, you caught the gist of the point about sometimes, the only way to fight fire is with fire.

sorted, respect due.

Every player knows what damage could happen tackling like that, he knew full well it is a potential leg breaker. He's not set out to break his leg but knew full well he could. We've seen it before, we'll see it again but to defend him saying "he's not meant it" is fucking ridiculous.

Up arrow in green for spotting an infamous maradona moment, bit esoteric nowadays. Also, you caught the gist of the point about sometimes, the only way to fight fire is with fire.

sorted, respect due.

Maradonas flying knee to the players face was an absolute beauty.

I don't condone violence but I fully respect him for doing what he did. A complete an utter yard dog made a name for himself by nearly robbing us of watching the best player I've ever seen and they tried to finish off the job.

YEs- he probably chested us out of the world cup but what a player - absolute genius.

Edited by Hafnia

That's why referees must take control of matches to prevent them turning into foul fests, and allow a game of football to break out. Referees have a duty to protect players, if they sent dirty fuckers like Charlie Adam off and made it clear that actions like that would not be tolerated then maybe just maybe we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

That's why referees must take control of matches to prevent them turning into foul fests, and allow a game of football to break out. Referees have a duty to protect players, if they sent dirty fuckers like Charlie Adam off and made it clear that actions like that would not be tolerated then maybe just maybe we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

1419786159797_lc_galleryImage__Ruckas_Vi

The referee and his assistants overlookd/missed the elbow above on Coleman of all people. The potential was there to hurt him enough to take him out of that respective game or even worse....

The incident was overlooked/missed. Cisse was retrospectivly banned.

IIRC Cisse got a three game ban. newcastle won that game 3-2.

Not good enough, at the time I expected an 89th minute straightener from whoever was in prime position to deliver it. The ban did us no good, the result wasn't positive for us.

"So your saying that a" an Everton side should rely on referees to do so much as an adequate job and effectively be punching bags for oppositions???