IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I hope everyone gets behind them Sunday because they need a lift from somewhere and Unsworth clearly isn’t providing it. It wont be like but I pray Goodison is a cauldron of emotion on Sunday instead of a fucking linrary like it usually is.

I think they will.

I think the majority want Unsworth to do well, although maybe are accepting that he may not be right for the job just now, and I think GP will react to his style of play.

Hopefully!!!

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I think they will.

I think the majority want Unsworth to do well, although maybe are accepting that he may not be right for the job just now, and I think GP will react to his style of play.

Hopefully!!!

I don’t mate- I think it will be silent and nervous as fuck with gasps and groans everytime there’s a misplaced pass or mistake. Hope I’m wrong like and it’s a cauldron of noise and angst but I highly doubt it.

31 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I don’t mate- I think it will be silent and nervous as fuck with gasps and groans everytime there’s a misplaced pass or mistake. Hope I’m wrong like and it’s a cauldron of noise and angst but I highly doubt it.

No offence...but let' just hope the majority aren't in your mindset!

Unsworth will send the players out to create an atmosphere. He'll encourage that crunching tackle that raises the roof. He's in a unique position, as even if people don't want him to get the job, he'll still get more support than most other men due to who he is and what he's done for the club.

I could be totally wrong and be being completely over optimistic of what the GP faithful will be like! I hope I'm right though...we need it!

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

No offence...but let' just hope the majority aren't in your mindset!

Unsworth will send the players out to create an atmosphere. He'll encourage that crunching tackle that raises the roof. He's in a unique position, as even if people don't want him to get the job, he'll still get more support than most other men due to who he is and what he's done for the club.

I could be totally wrong and be being completely over optimistic of what the GP faithful will be like! I hope I'm right though...we need it!

Newty, I’ll sing my lungs dry if everyone else does but when 37000 people are quiet, the ones who want to get behind them aren’t heard- it’s the nature of the beast.

25 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Newty, I’ll sing my lungs dry if everyone else does but when 37000 people are quiet, the ones who want to get behind them aren’t heard- it’s the nature of the beast.

Yeah I know you will/would...never in doubt.

BUT...someone has to get the ball rolling with the noise...Im looking to you Paddy!!!! Lead the way....sing those lungs dry and all will follow...or the cameras will hone in on you and you'll be that nutter singing on his own!!!

:D

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah I know you will/would...never in doubt.

BUT...someone has to get the ball rolling with the noise...Im looking to you Paddy!!!! Lead the way....sing those lungs dry and all will follow...or the cameras will hone in on you and you'll be that nutter singing on his own!!!

:D

Not from the Paddock mate- it needs to come feom the Street End for it to boom around.

6 minutes ago, aaron said:

noise from the ground? what 20 seconds of a song before it fizzles out? its been quiet as fuck at Goodison for ages. Except for GS the rest of the ground is silent. Every game this season the opposite fans have sung "this is a library".

I sit in the main stand and the atmosphere is non existent.

It’s grim isn’t it- it’s been like that for years. The only time it’s any good is if we’re playing one of the top 6 and are having a go- it booms then or we’ve been had offby the ref. 

Home support is a joke.

Just now, Paddock said:

It’s grim isn’t it- it’s been like that for years. The only time it’s any good is if we’re playing one of the top 6 and are having a go- it booms then or we’ve been had offby the ref. 

Home support is a joke.

Only time this year its went off abit was the fight in the Lyon game. That was it. other than that its been dead.

2 hours ago, aaron said:

noise from the ground? what 20 seconds of a song before it fizzles out? its been quiet as fuck at Goodison for ages. Except for GS the rest of the ground is silent. Every game this season the opposite fans have sung "this is a library".

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Home support is a joke.

I don't get to many games, always try for a couple a year, but when I do go, every time, I've been buzzing leading up to it and then dissapointed during it. Always surprised how quiet it is compared to it's reputation. But I always hope the next time will be different.

20 hours ago, aaron said:

Been my experience when I've been lucky enough to go

I am putting off doing some work so thought I would look at the difference between us and the best side in the league.

Average player position of City's last 3 games:

(Blue is playing right to left, Red is playing left to right)

Napoli

image.png.fa5cee175e0a0f3809987918567d3181.png

WBA

image.png.54740d266991650340c2640c506d911a.png

Burnley

image.png.59615fe167433fc186843ec2a517fd14.png

The players are well spread out, there is clear structure in almost every match (Burnley less skewed) and look at the options 25 has around him. You can also see a clear back 5 set up (CB x 2, FB x 2 & DM). Its only the Burnley game where this changes a little probably because of how rigidly they set up.

Now look at us... I am going to ignore the Lyon game as the wingers crossed and Kenny changed position so the info is skewed but I will take the 3 games I can before that.

Leicester - Not too bad - Clear width and options but quite a big gap between the midfield and centre backs. Probably explains why they had us on the counter. Its notable how high our CBs are compared to City.

image.png.62b6a153c5375b7eaaeb0963d872f8bc.png

Arsenal - Clusterfuck. No width, no shape and Baines completely isolated from the rest of the side.

image.png.73ff8b70b2a3e05f488fe350c66d99a2.png

Lyon (H) - Also not too bad bar the width on the right. The midfield connection is better albeit 2, 26 and 20 are very close together.

image.png.3c696209cdfad3d850a74982ff9dcaa2.png

Brighton - The back 5 are OK, but 27, 10, 18 and 17 are tripping over themselves. 2 isnt exactly offering much protection through the centre either. It also shows you the important of DCL (29) in leading the line because he is the only one stretching the play. We only just get past the centre circle.

image.png.01d93b538480d0638877f4f38d7dacaf.png

image.png

Rumours everywhere that Schneiderlin and Mirallas were fucking about in training, not taking it seriously, Unsworth told them to pack it in, words were exchanged Unsworth said that anyone who was not up for a battle today throw their bibs in which those 2 duly did and Unsworth fucked them off from training. Vlasic in the bad books for opening his mouth over Costa.

4 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Rumours everywhere that Schneiderlin and Mirallas were fucking about in training, not taking it seriously, Unsworth told them to pack it in, words were exchanged Unsworth said that anyone who was not up for a battle today throw their bibs in which those 2 duly did and Unsworth fucked them off from training. Vlasic in the bad books for opening his mouth over Costa.

Fine with that for kev and Morgan but the vlasic thing is dum.  Rooney drunk driving plays every minute vlasic the only quality player and one with fight and he gets benched.  Classic Everton. Ffs

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Good on him for fucking them off but this is exactly the thing I’ve been saying about Unsworth (or any none name manager) some players wont respect him/them, I don’t think it’s right and they are cheeky disrespectful fuckers - but they have such huge egos you need an experienced respected manager to keep them in check.

Really disappointed in Morgan Schneiderlin he was frozen out at Utd and we took him in and the fans loved him, it’s really annoyed me that he’s done that- as for Mirallas, Indon’t expect anything else from him. He’s fell out with every manager he’s played for under us.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Good on him for fucking them off but this is exactly the thing I’ve been saying about Unsworth (or any none name manager) some players wont respect him/them, I don’t think it’s right and they are cheeky disrespectful fuckers - but they have such huge egos you need an experienced respected manager to keep them in check.

Really disappointed in Morgan Schneiderlin he was frozen out at Utd and we took him in and the fans loved him, it’s really annoyed me that he’s done that- as for Mirallas, Indon’t expect anything else from him. He’s fell out with every manager he’s played for under us.

Guarantee you every player in that squad now respects Unsworth. Baines couldn't find enough praise for him after the Watford game.

How do these unknown managers become known? They all would have tackled some ego at some point.

And like you say, fair play to Unsworth for doing the right thing and sending out the right message.

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Must be Unsworth's fault this fall out with Mirallas though, right? It's not like the melon has ever fell out with any of our previous managers is it? Oh yeah, he's had a fall out with ALL of them!

Have a look at his instagram story- playing the victim. He’s a bad egg and needs shipping out. Really really disappointed in the other fella.

1 hour ago, Lowensda said:

Kev is a prick and we need shot. Hes fallen out with every manager, created the little snide "group" that retaliated against Martinez. Guy is a liability. Doesn't have the ability to even make up for his shit attitude.

agreed just get rid in january.  morgan too if he's toxic.  beni gana davies mccarthy besic i'm more than fine with that group there.