IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Just saw this article posted at the BBC website (apologies if someone has posted it elsewhere). A few sentences stood out for me.

Koeman was publicly irked by Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho suggesting Everton should aim for the top four after £140m of summer spending, responding: "Let's be realistic." And when asked what was realistic, he said: "Same as last season." Penny for the thoughts of Moshiri, who has already pointed out Everton's team is now 80% Koeman's and that the top six is an initial target.

"I could put my grandmother in charge and Everton would finish seventh when you've spent that money."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41350009

Wayne Rooney is expected to be the subject of one more blockbuster autobiography at the end of his career rather than the three books left on his contract.

Rooney signed one of the biggest sports publishing deals in 2006 worth £5million for a five-book deal with HarperCollins. Since then there have been only two Rooney memoirs, My Story So Far (2006) and My Decade in the Premier League (2012), neither of which sold as well as expected.

England’s disappointing performances at the World Cup in 2014 and European Championship two years later certainly were not the basis for further Rooney books, leaving the current void.

But it is believed the publishers, who no longer have a dedicated sports division, would settle for the Everton striker telling all in one explosive book when he hangs up his boots. HarperCollins were not prepared to talk about the deal as they have no book of Rooney’s on their current schedule.

and

World Cup hero Alan Ball may be a legend at Everton. But the lack of interest in a Goodison Park charity match to mark the 10th anniversary of his death on Saturday week has seen the game called off with poor advance ticket sales. Organiser Jimmy Ball, Alan’s son, had been upset that Wembley are staging a commercial match organised by sponsors EE on the same day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4919012/Publishers-shelve-two-books-Everton-star-Wayne-Rooney.html

A fella I work with, season ticket holser at liverpool for almost 40 years says that that Everton team of the 80s was the best team he has seen in his 45 years of watching football- he says they were utterly outstanding and better than any Liverpool team he's ever watched.

I never really forgave Kendallfor walking out on us like that.