IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

I could win the title with Celtic.

Biggest revenue in the league by some distance.

5 x the amount of money to spend over their rivals

No rangers

Scottish League

Lennon could have won that title, without taking a training session, setting tactics or even turning up. They p*ss the league. He's not a good manager.

Seriously. The guy's allegedly disliked by the players and fans;

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2932/spl/2012/11/24/3553685/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-threatens-resignation-following-post

The Scotsman has struck out at Hoops supporters following a final whistle bust up with a section of the home support at Celtic Park after their loss to Inverness

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has admitted he is prepared to leave his managerial position at the Scottish Premier League champions if fans turn against him.

How do you lose to Inverness? aha.

He can do one if he brings Alcaraz with him! Dont really rate Kone either tbh. I'd take maloney, Mc Carthy and Mcmanaman though.

Alcatraz is actually a decent defender. Good on the ball, fairly quick and strong and reads the game well. He is available on a free and if we wanted someone in to replace Heitinga then he would be a very inexpensive choice.

I wasnt sure about Kone tbh but his performances in the 2nd half of the season have been brilliant considering and he has done much better than Vic or Jela have this year.

I like McCarthy but only at a certain price, Maloney has surprised me by how good he is but we have better options in that area of the field, especially with Barkley coming through and McManaman is a poor mans Mirallas but would be good back up, albeit his price would have inflated massively this season.

Alcatraz is actually a decent defender. Good on the ball, fairly quick and strong and reads the game well. He is available on a free and if we wanted someone in to replace Heitinga then he would be a very inexpensive choice.

I wasnt sure about Kone tbh but his performances in the 2nd half of the season have been brilliant considering and he has done much better than Vic or Jela have this year.

I like McCarthy but only at a certain price, Maloney has surprised me by how good he is but we have better options in that area of the field, especially with Barkley coming through and McManaman is a poor mans Mirallas but would be good back up, albeit his price would have inflated massively this season.

Just realised Alcaraz is in his 30's! I thought he was mid-twenties or something!

Why so harsh against Lennon ?

In all honesty Av, something in the back of my mind makes me think he would actually do quite well here. He certainly wouldn't fold over in the derby games like we did under Moyes at times. At the same time i really don't like the man, i just know i wouldn't want him as manager.

As for Martinez, im interested to see how we would approach things tactically under him: 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 ? Im not convinced we have the individuals to play three at the back and i don't see the point in him breaking up an already successful back four, im interested to see what he or any manager gets with regards to transfer funds, and the first job for any new man is sort out whats going on with Fellaini,

In all honesty Av, something in the back of my mind makes me think he would actually do quite well here. He certainly wouldn't fold over in the derby games like we did under Moyes at times. At the same time i really don't like the man, i just know i wouldn't want him as manager.

As for Martinez, im interested to see how we would approach things tactically under him: 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 ? Im not convinced we have the individuals to play three at the back and i don't see the point in him breaking up an already successful back four, im interested to see what he or any manager gets with regards to transfer funds, and the first job for any new man is sort out whats going on with Fellaini,

Who the hell are you? :huh: You have 3486 posts to your name, but I don't remember seeing you around.

This!

I can't see him breaking up the back five. I can't see past him playing 433

Mirallas and McManaman either side of an inform Jelavic could be quite entertaining.

It's time that I tell you kids about this great new system called the 4-4-2...

lol I was just reading post after post and wondered why everybody just assumes 4-3-3 because we can hardly break up our back 4 :P But tbh, A Jelavic - Mirallas striking pair could do pretty well when they're both in form and get used to each other.

It's time that I tell you kids about this great new system called the 4-4-2...

lol I was just reading post after post and wondered why everybody just assumes 4-3-3 because we can hardly break up our back 4 :P But tbh, A Jelavic - Mirallas striking pair could do pretty well when they're both in form and get used to each other.

If we get an exciting manager I would be curious to see 3 at the back with Baines and Coleman as attacking wing backs. I would also like to see Mirallas getting more time up front either as a second striker, or deep lying forward.

Transmission [edit]

Currently the Sky Sports News Radio Output can be heard on the following platforms.

• Internet

Online Player www.skysports.com/radio

• Applications

Sky Sports News App - Apple Version from the App Store

Sky Sports News App – Android Version

Sky Sports News App – Windows Phone

Football Score Centre – Apple Version

Football Score Centre - Android Version

• External (Third Party Feeds)

Pure Radio

Magicbox Radio

TuneIn Radio

Pure Radio Lounge

The service is currently not geo-locked meaning streams can be accessed worldwide.

Transmission [edit]

Currently the Sky Sports News Radio Output can be heard on the following platforms.

• Internet

Online Player www.skysports.com/radio

• Applications

Sky Sports News App - Apple Version from the App Store

Sky Sports News App – Android Version

Sky Sports News App – Windows Phone

Football Score Centre – Apple Version

Football Score Centre - Android Version

• External (Third Party Feeds)

Pure Radio

Magicbox Radio

TuneIn Radio

Pure Radio Lounge

The service is currently not geo-locked meaning streams can be accessed worldwide.

I couldnt get the skysports site to play the radio feature. Odd.

Edited by Iamryanstover

http://www.followtonians.com/?p=7361

1240 votes , 91% Pereira and 9% for Martinez,

The vote on this site 22 (49% of vote) for Pereira and 11 for Martinez

These are reasonable snapshot to the 'fan's choice' of manager, but if you have evidence to the contrary that puts somebody else as a more popular 'fans' choice' then please post away, as i will listen to anything as long as it has some sort of coherent back up to it. Otherwis your just spouting off.

If you read my post, I didn't say he was the right man for the job, I said he is at very good odds at 40/1 in what is likley to be a two or three horse race. Considering the facts available to us.

Who do you have as the 'fans choice' then? - a little bit of back up though as you forgot to include it on your last responce.

I honestly did not think there was a favorite, but if I had to guess I would say Michael Landrup, but it has changed on here and in the news sometimes several times daily.

a guess - Is he your favorite by any chance?

I think he has 3 or 4 votes on the toffeetalk vote. So less than 10% backing, so he's a long way from the fans choice. He's not going to leave Swansea this season with them in Europe - he would also cost top dollar given his stock this year, so not really a realistic target this summer.

Both Martinez and Pereira are available, they are the fans first and second choice (based on the toffeetalk vote). I think it is defiantely only a two horse race between Martinez and Pereira, as I beleive both want the job and both will have spoken to BK by the end of tomorrow. I don't t think BK will or actually need to look any further than one of these two.

I think both these candidates have positives and negatives, and I don't think there are any realistic better options available at the moment that would suit our club. Whoever comes it's a risk.

I would be fairly happy with either of these in all honesty, so I am fairly relaxed about it all now.

Did anybody manage to get on Pereira at 1/40?

very harsh on McManaman, still think he's going to be a cracking player. Mirralas on the left, Macca on the right and Barkley through middle, Gibson and Felli holding the midfield? Ooooh yes, sounds good to me!

Monday for Martinez.

Martinez Monday.

I don't like Martinez'.

Manager Monday.

Martinez Moves Monday.

Writing the lines...whichever way I say it. It sucks.

Tuchel Tuesday.

Toffees sweet on Tuchel.

Tuchel To Toffees.

Tasty Tuchel Tempted by Toffees.

Tantalising Tuchel.

Toffee Test for Tuchel.

This makes me sad. It's not gonna happen :'(

very harsh on McManaman, still think he's going to be a cracking player. Mirralas on the left, Macca on the right and Barkley through middle, Gibson and Felli holding the midfield? Ooooh yes, sounds good to me!

One on one he is very good and Martinez really did well to exploit that. However, if you look at his overall game then he isnt half as talented as Mirallas in my opinion. I dont think he will make the same impact next season.

Guest blueboy122

One on one he is very good and Martinez really did well to exploit that. However, if you look at his overall game then he isnt half as talented as Mirallas in my opinion. I dont think he will make the same impact next season.

He reminds me of Coleman when he first came onto the scene. Kick it passed them and run.

a guess - Is he your favorite by any chance?

I think he has 3 or 4 votes on the toffeetalk vote. So less than 10% backing, so he's a long way from the fans choice. He's not going to leave Swansea this season with them in Europe - he would also cost top dollar given his stock this year, so not really a realistic target this summer.

Both Martinez and Pereira are available, they are the fans first and second choice (based on the toffeetalk vote). I think it is defiantely only a two horse race between Martinez and Pereira, as I beleive both want the job and both will have spoken to BK by the end of tomorrow. I don't t think BK will or actually need to look any further than one of these two.

I think both these candidates have positives and negatives, and I don't think there are any realistic better options available at the moment that would suit our club. Whoever comes it's a risk.

I would be fairly happy with either of these in all honesty, so I am fairly relaxed about it all now.

Did anybody manage to get on Pereira at 1/40?

Actually I would have to say Martinez is my preferred candidate. I hope he gets the job.