IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Lads, this is all wishful thinking - football is a business, Barcelona are not stupid.

Deulofeus transfer is merely a case of "develop him and you get some money in return - if he wastes his talent we have got £4m for him".

Today he is worth at least £12m, maybe £15m. If he carries on at this rate he will be worth £20m at the end of the season, are Barcelona going to pass on the option to buy him back at a fraction of that fee? No.

Lets enjoy being a part of his development. His transfer is essentially a loan.

Lads, this is all wishful thinking - football is a business, Barcelona are not stupid.

Deulofeus transfer is merely a case of "develop him and you get some money in return - if he wastes his talent we have got £4m for him".

Today he is worth at least £12m, maybe £15m. If he carries on at this rate he will be worth £20m at the end of the season, are Barcelona going to pass on the option to buy him back at a fraction of that fee? No.

Lets enjoy being a part of his development. His transfer is essentially a loan.

Haf my understanding of the deal is Gerry has to agree. And he may say not this year because he won't get time over there whereas here he would. He doesn't strike me as a money grabber seems he just wants first team football. I think he stays another year and maybe summer after next goes to barca.

Haf my understanding of the deal is Gerry has to agree. And he may say not this year because he won't get time over there whereas here he would. He doesn't strike me as a money grabber seems he just wants first team football. I think he stays another year and maybe summer after next goes to barca.

I can't see how that can't be activated, maybe i'm being stupid.

I can't see how that can't be activated, maybe i'm being stupid.

I don't think the details of the release clause have been made public have they? Just that there is one, so this is all pretty speculative.

"The contract includes a release clause if Barcelona make an offer to Everton meeting certain requirements. FC Barcelona also have a right of first refusal if Everton decide to sell the Player."

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/agreement-with-everton-fc-for-transfer-of-gerard-deulofeu

It will work the same way as the Morata to Juve deal works. His agent was speaking about it a few days ago and said Real are interested in bringing him back but that Morata would have to agree.

You cannot just make the player return.

Think of it like a release clause. Barca can put the required money on the table but it doesn't mean the player is obligated to go there.

Edited by Romey 1878

If Deulofeu's improvement is steady -- excellent performances but mixed with some matches when he's ineffective, petulant, diving -- I'd guess Barca would be inclined to hold off until summer 2017 to try to buy back. Yes, they'd presumably pay more by waiting, but they'd not be bothered by the difference (somewhere I recall it's 4m in 2016, 9m in 2017, but I don't think that's certain). They don't clearly need him in 2016, and they'd surely want to be as confident as feasible that he can play fairly regularly for them.

2017 looks a likely decision time for all concerned.

It will work the same way as the Morata to Juve deal works. His agent was speaking about it a few days ago and said Real are interested in bringing him back but that Morata would have to agree.

You cannot just make the player return.

Think of it like a release clause. Barca can put the required money on the table but it doesn't mean the player is obligated to go there.

thanks romey for the clarification. haf does that explain things?

thanks romey for the clarification. haf does that explain things?

Not really, it's still speculation rather than clarification.

"The contract includes a release clause if Barcelona make an offer to Everton meeting certain requirements."

Until we know what "meeting certain requirements" means we're guessing. Have those requirements been made public? Not to my knowledge.

Not really, it's still speculation rather than clarification.

"The contract includes a release clause if Barcelona make an offer to Everton meeting certain requirements."[/size]

Until we know what "meeting certain requirements" means we're guessing. Have those requirements been made public? Not to my knowledge.

No idea what the requirements are but even if they're met they still can't force the player to move, that's the only point I'm making. They bid whatever amount is required at that particular point in his contract with us and then they get to put their case to Geri to convince him that he'd play there and wouldn't be better off staying at Everton.

Not as bad as I thought but still, at his rate of improvement he will be playing for them again.

He'd have to be make huge strides for them to be able to convince him he'll play regularly. If he does then fair play to him and, as gutted as I'd be, he'd fully deserve it because he'd have earned that move back.