IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I'd be made up if he stayed tbh. For all his faults he's an excellent player to have in the squad.

My thinking too. He needs games and pitch time. He should come back with something to prove.

He makes me feel like something just hasn't clicked....yet.

He looks as fit as a fiddle but it's weird how poor his natural fitness levels are.

Rooney for example looks a slob but has always had remarkable natural fitness..

to me that is more drive than anything. rooney has the drive regardless of stamina or fitness, he wants to win. gerry doesn't have the drive. throws up his arms, has fits, walks around, acts like a spoiled child. drive isn't there. if it doesn't come easy he wants no part in it. he's not messi but he thinks he is.

From sky shorts

Man of the match - Gerard Deulofeu

Spain's captain delivered when they most nedeed him. The Everton winger pulled the strings and provided many genuine attacking opportunities throughout his 82 minutes.

Deulofeu grabbed the assist for Sandro's goal, which was an accurate low cross into the Malaga striker's path

Same old Gerry for me tonight. Equally brilliant and frustrating. Well maybe not so brilliant but the one thing that epitomised him today was that he got 1 v 1 against the full back, but had a man free 8 yards out. Instead of playing the cutback he tries his step over and kicks the ball into touch for a goal kick.

On the other side of the pitch Asenjio who doesn't have that x factor Gerry has, get 1 v 1, lays it off to Saul who puts it in the back of the net.

I don't know, he showed class on the Euros. I wish Koeman promise him more time on the field and get him to work harder on his fitness. This lad has real talent and surely can become integral part of our team, just need some faith from his manager.

Thing is, we were fucked either way!

If he had an absolute stormer for us, scored 10 and assisted 10, Barca could buy him back at what would have been a bargain price.

If he went out on loan and had a good turn, Barca could but him back at a good price.

What a shit deal that was.